[REVIEW]: 9509 Star Wars Advent Calendar

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 unclemart

unclemart

Member: 30106

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Great review! This new set seems lamer than the first one, but maybe that's just cause I'm really only into IV-VI? I suppose I'll end up getting it at some point anyway, if the price is right. ;-)

#27 ResIpsaLoquitur

ResIpsaLoquitur

• Can't Count

Member: 33632

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hey, just throwing out there: this set has been turning up for half-price at some Targets in the U.S.  (Yes, I posted about this over in Finds/Deals.)  Just to warn you, I ALMOST bought a set until I noticed the tape was loose, checked the inside, and found that the minifigs had been swiped.  However, I have found intact sets at the clearance price as well.  So, get it while it's cheap and save it for next December, I guess!

#28 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Very lacklustre lineup of figures for this particular advent set, the snow droid is the only one I'd make the effort to hunt down, thanks for the thorough review
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#29 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostResIpsaLoquitur, on 26 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Just to warn you, I ALMOST bought a set until I noticed the tape was loose, checked the inside, and found that the minifigs had been swiped.  However, I have found intact sets at the clearance price as well.  So, get it while it's cheap and save it for next December, I guess!
Funny you should mentioned this; I had part of a minifig missing from my calendar as well, but it was a much more bizarre situation. I bought mine at a Lego store during the Brick Friday 50% off sale. The bag that contained the Snowtrooper was cut open, and the head and helmet of the minifig were missing, but everything else was still there. I checked the tape on the box when I bought it and it looked fine. Either somebody did a really good job resealing the box or the bag was opened before it was even put into the box. Who would steal only the head and helmet of a Snowtrooper and leave everything else (including the exclusive figs!) anyway? :wacko: I really don't understand it. Fortunately Lego customer service was kind enough to send me a replacement free of charge.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that TRU stores are still trying to sell these at $60! :rofl:

#30 korpen4444

korpen4444

Member: 32840

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostKrulis, on 09 September 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I may be in minority but I like this set. :tongue: Figs are great (santa Maul, snow R2, rebel trooper, imperial officer and GONK droid), some nice models (vulture droid, Naboo starfighter, queen's ship) and parts aren't bad either.
You aren't alone.
Red Tornado says 'the Batman'. Red Tornado is wise.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users