Jump to content


Photos of your Technic collection / setup


  • Please log in to reply
571 replies to this topic

#26 jadedomg

jadedomg

    Posts: 192
    Joined: 04-September 11
    Member: 20235
    Country: Canada

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

All of your collections are really nice, I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic? It has only been about a year and a half for myself so my collection isn't close to as diverse as most of what I see or as many spare parts.

#27 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

  • Technic Hall of Fame Editor


    Posts: 6141
    Joined: 22-November 09
    Member: 8292
    Country: Scotland

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postjadedomg, on 09 September 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic?

Since four years old......I am now 22 and still buying what you see above is only my technic collection. I have a few tubs of the regular stuff as well.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan, 09 September 2012 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

Updated 10/03/15
Posted Image

#28 jadedomg

jadedomg

    Posts: 192
    Joined: 04-September 11
    Member: 20235
    Country: Canada

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostAlasdair Ryan, on 09 September 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Since four years old......I am now 22 and still buying what you see above is only my technic collection. I have a few tubs of the regular stuff as well.

I envy all the studded parts you have and that tool box filled with gears! I just imagine how long it would take me to get that much.

#29 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

  • Technic Hall of Fame Editor


    Posts: 6141
    Joined: 22-November 09
    Member: 8292
    Country: Scotland

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postjadedomg, on 09 September 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I envy all the studded parts you have and that tool box filled with gears! I just imagine how long it would take me to get that much.

I have four compartments full of them but i need to buy more small half tan bevel gears, I have broke a few resonantly.:laugh:
Posted Image

Updated 10/03/15
Posted Image

#30 Carsten Svendsen

Carsten Svendsen

    Posts: 323
    Joined: 05-September 12
    Member: 31347
    Country: Denmark

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

View Postjadedomg, on 09 September 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

All of your collections are really nice, I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic? It has only been about a year and a half for myself so my collection isn't close to as diverse as most of what I see or as many spare parts.
I've been into LEGO since Cybermaster came out. That was my first LEGO set btw.
My current project: Antonov AN-140 which is a 1:15,65 scaled airplane

#31 JunkstyleGio

JunkstyleGio

    Posts: 1119
    Joined: 04-August 09
    Member: 6911
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Here are some pictures of the sets and mod's.MOC''s ive got on display right now!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Some say he eats ABS for Breakfast. Some say he dreams in Building Instructions. All we know is, he's called JunkstyleGio...."
Check out my LDD Brickshelf or my regular Brickshelf for anything technic.

#32 Edwin Korstanje

Edwin Korstanje

  • Tugs at the Technic strings (VFracingteam)


    Posts: 1808
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22680
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Very nice collection and workingplace JunkstyleGio

#33 PlaneCrazy

PlaneCrazy

    Posts: 63
    Joined: 07-October 11
    Member: 20831
    Country: Australia

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

Missing 8868 Air Tech Claw rig and 8857 Street Chopper/ Trike
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" (Confusious)

#34 Foggy

Foggy

    Posts: 220
    Joined: 21-April 12
    Member: 28096
    Country: Italy

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hi everyone, I'm gonna write my collection 'cause I haven't enought space for display for now. As far as a workplace concerns I use the kitchen round table extended.

8043x2-8053
8110
8250-8258-8265-8275-8288
8436-8455
8620-8640-8660-8680
8720
8825-8839-8849-8851-8853-8854-8855-8856x2-8862-8868-8872-8891Book

My collection seems like a drop of water compared to a lake or a sea someone has  :cry_sad: :cry_sad:  
Here are the sets currently on display(8660-8856-8854-8872-8043-8455)
Posted Image
Where all others sets are..divided and inside plastic bags.
Posted Image
Manuals are inside individual plastic bags and haven't shot a pic of them.
And here are my spare parts, not so many I know, but just discovered bricklink and must start use it  :cry_sad: :cry_sad: *huh*  
Posted Image

I'd keep my sets inside a closed cabin to avoid dust on them and plan to build it this winter, can't figure out how you can keep them on display in open air inside your rooms  *huh* *huh*  . What about all the dusts on them then? When I buy a 2nd hand set, 1st thing I do is to wash all the pieces  :laugh:

BIG COMPLIMENTS to some of YOU for your workplace,your pieces organization and your collection!!

Ciao Flavio

Edited by Foggy, 09 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.


#35 allanp

allanp

    Posts: 2706
    Joined: 15-September 06
    Member: 961
    Country: UK

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Sorry I don't have a camera so I can't post pics, but I can say I have 138 sets (95% technic) plus a few bricklink orders which comes to about 81000 parts. I have only one or two sets/MOCs built, the rest is sorted into organisers which when all staked up is about 6 feet high. My most common part is the trusty 2M black connector peg of which I have 6772. So still way off blackbird who I would guess has at least 3 times as much!

EDIT:

BTW I was wondering out of all your collections what would you say is your prized items. I would have to say mine is 8868, 8480, 8880 and a few others all mint in box.

Edited by allanp, 09 September 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Even the best can be made better, but most important is to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!!!!!!

#36 Moz

Moz

    Posts: 225
    Joined: 14-May 11
    Member: 17832

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Here's mine, although the shelves are much closer to full now. I also have a wheeled bin under the bed that's kinda full. And a box of wheels (now that the road train is taken apart there's a lot of wheels)
Posted Image Posted Image (click for bigger)

My web site

#37 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

  • Technic Hall of Fame Editor


    Posts: 6141
    Joined: 22-November 09
    Member: 8292
    Country: Scotland

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

View Postallanp, on 09 September 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Sorry I don't have a camera.
*huh*


View Postallanp, on 09 September 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

BTW I was wondering out of all your collections what would you say is your prized items. I would have to say mine is 8868, 8480, 8880 and a few others all mint in box.
The four micromotors,8 pneumatic cylinder brackets,9 small pneumatic rams,PF rechargeable battery and lot of those red and yellow panels. :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan, 09 September 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

Updated 10/03/15
Posted Image

#38 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • BoBS IT Dept


    Posts: 9295
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postjadedomg, on 09 September 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

All of your collections are really nice, I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic? It has only been about a year and a half for myself so my collection isn't close to as diverse as most of what I see or as many spare parts.

My collection is pretty small too.  I started buying Technics around 2008/2009.  

Posted Image

#39 Freekysch

Freekysch

    Posts: 681
    Joined: 20-August 11
    Member: 19905
    Country: Romania

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Quote

I'd keep my sets inside a closed cabin to avoid dust on them and plan to build it this winter, can't figure out how you can keep them on display in open air inside your rooms *huh* *huh* . What about all the dusts on them then?

Well, where's the fun of having a set if i don't see it ? I buy them to build them and then, they're going on display.
Technic !? Technic !? Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnic !!!!! My Technic collection !

#40 Stephen Provoost

Stephen Provoost

    Posts: 33
    Joined: 27-July 11
    Member: 19301
    Country: Belgium

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Here's my collection of lego technic sets.
I have been collecting since two years.


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


And here are my spare parts :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I have quite a lot of lego technic but i'm jealous of "Blakbird's" lego technic collection :)

Grts Stephen

#41 Edwin Korstanje

Edwin Korstanje

  • Tugs at the Technic strings (VFracingteam)


    Posts: 1808
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22680
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Don,t be Jealous Stephen,
Your collection is great :thumbup: .
You displaid your collection and i break mine apart for parts.
From the 25 sets i have i only build once 5 sets the rest off it i have never build it. Sorry i don't like building sets only mocking works for me :laugh:

#42 Wiseman_2

Wiseman_2

    Posts: 147
    Joined: 16-July 11
    Member: 19083
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

I would take a photo, but unfortunately all mine's packed up while we wait to move... frustratingly, we don't even have a date and I've had the 2011 Bucket Truck sitting new in box for a month while I wait  :hmpf_bad:

It's not exactly the most diverse collection, being mostly studless from the last 6-7 years. I have a few old sets from the studded era (which are apparently rather desirable ones, but which I acquired in poor condition so I kinda abandoned them) and then also a few miscellaneous sets from the last few years.

I have to say, though Technic is easily my favourite theme, the 2010 Space Shuttle is probably one of my favourite sets. It looks incredible when displayed and I always get questions about it  :sweet:

#43 Paul B

Paul B

    Posts: 1638
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8056
    Country: Australia

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Thanks everybody for posting up the photos, some amazing collections there :)

Posted Image


Posted Image[


#44 Foggy

Foggy

    Posts: 220
    Joined: 21-April 12
    Member: 28096
    Country: Italy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostFreekysch, on 09 September 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Well, where's the fun of having a set if i don't see it ? I buy them to build them and then, they're going on display.

I'm gonna make doors with glass so can see them...

#45 nychase

nychase

    Posts: 332
    Joined: 13-February 11
    Member: 15981

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ok,

I have stayed quiet because I didn't want go blowing my horn without at least a few "stats"

After checking through my collection I can confirm that my complete sets are as follows.  

I have 262 complete Technic/Model Team sets

Combined they total 221,542 parts.  

The interesting part about those numbers are that they don't include any of the MOC's I have collected for (Rosco's F1 cars are 15k parts alone), nor do they include my parts collection.  I estimate that my parts collection is at least triple or more of my complete sets.  

I can say, without a doubt that my total "collection" exceeds 1.2m parts.  

Fun facts:

According to brickstore regarding the complete sets:
The complete sets weigh 262kg combined (no boxes or instructions)
There are 3734 different lots across those sets
There are only 13972 black pins (less then I would have thought)
There are 84 Metallic Silver Large Wheels (used for Power Puller and F1 cars)
Interestingly, the part-out value of the sets is 15k more than the actual set value

Now, combining the few things I know off the top of my head combining my parts collection and sets I have:
54x Power Puller Wheel sets(tire and rim) (6 actually PP the rest from 8466)
66x of the 68.8 Model Team Type I wheel sets(tire and rim) (5571)
56x Black 40T gears
122x Red/Rust(they are the same) Engine Pistons
26x Buggy Motors
726x Black 1x16 Technic Bricks

When(IF) I ever take the time to inventory my parts collection I will certainly post up some of the stats.  

In case your wondering?...everything is meticulously organized and only 4 sets are currently on display
Posted Image

#46 phool

phool

    Posts: 120
    Joined: 12-March 10
    Member: 9889
    Country: South Africa

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sounds impressive nychase  :thumbup:  You mention that only 4 of the sets are on display. How do you store all your other sets then? Any chance for you to post some pics of your set and parts storage setup?

I'm interested as I have quite a few sets that I bought in lots which I'm in the process of inventorying and are currently stored haphazardly. In the future I'd like to be able to store them in a more organised fashion in a dedicated working space, so the more ideas the better :)

#47 Aussie BJ

Aussie BJ

    Posts: 329
    Joined: 12-June 12
    Member: 29144
    Country: Australia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postnychase, on 10 September 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ok,

I have stayed quiet because I didn't want go blowing my horn without at least a few "stats"

After checking through my collection I can confirm that my complete sets are as follows.  

I have 262 complete Technic/Model Team sets

Combined they total 221,542 parts.  

The interesting part about those numbers are that they don't include any of the MOC's I have collected for (Rosco's F1 cars are 15k parts alone), nor do they include my parts collection.  I estimate that my parts collection is at least triple or more of my complete sets.  

I can say, without a doubt that my total "collection" exceeds 1.2m parts.  

Fun facts:

According to brickstore regarding the complete sets:
The complete sets weigh 262kg combined (no boxes or instructions)
There are 3734 different lots across those sets
There are only 13972 black pins (less then I would have thought)
There are 84 Metallic Silver Large Wheels (used for Power Puller and F1 cars)
Interestingly, the part-out value of the sets is 15k more than the actual set value

Now, combining the few things I know off the top of my head combining my parts collection and sets I have:
54x Power Puller Wheel sets(tire and rim) (6 actually PP the rest from 8466)
66x of the 68.8 Model Team Type I wheel sets(tire and rim) (5571)
56x Black 40T gears
122x Red/Rust(they are the same) Engine Pistons
26x Buggy Motors
726x Black 1x16 Technic Bricks

When(IF) I ever take the time to inventory my parts collection I will certainly post up some of the stats.  

In case your wondering?...everything is meticulously organized and only 4 sets are currently on display

Very very nice, would like to see some photo's though  :grin:

#48 Burf2000

Burf2000

    Posts: 1042
    Joined: 08-July 09
    Member: 6615
    Country: England

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I posted a video of my Lego room on youtube.  I don't really have room for built models now, before the move I had around 400 models in my front room, kitchen and bedroom but my wife to be found this to be a bit mad. lol

Now I have a large but packed Lego room and a garage!

#49 mescalinum

mescalinum

    Posts: 91
    Joined: 28-July 11
    Member: 19326
    Country: Italy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

just a few days ago I assembled most of my sets (8455, 8070, 8466, 8258, 8043, 8263):

Posted Image

but this morning I just received the 3 x 9797, a 9398 and a 8110  :sweet: , so it's gonna take a while to design a new organization system.
will post photos when finished

Edited by mescalinum, 10 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.
Oversized image removed.


#50 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Please keep images under,  or at the site limit of 800x600.

Thank you.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users