Sign in to follow this  
fred67

A couple of small CMF displays

These are looking great! My biggest criticism is that the ground is too plain, especially in the Musketeer one. I think you should add some different colored pieces (dark tan or brown for the Mariachis, brightly-colored 1x1 round plates for the Musketeer one as flowers).

Thanks for the advice... I've never been good at "presentation," making nice bases for the figures. In this case, I realize they are not really much MOCs at all, just a bunch of CMFs that go together in groups with some extra things thrown in... not a whole lot of creativity or thought, but I will think about how I can fill them out more. I've got mushrooms that will go nicely with the three musketeers! (thanks to brickforge again)

"Nothing special"What do you mean!?!?!?! :wub: :wub: :wub: Those look AMAZING!Plenty of creativity and not overloaded by flat tiles(I like seeing bricks much better.)Also,you should get "The Forbidden Forest"Harry Potter set,it has a good amount of parts you could use such as a tree and a mushroom! :thumbup:

"Nothing special"What do you mean!?!?!?! :wub: :wub: :wub: Those look AMAZING!Plenty of creativity and not overloaded by flat tiles(I like seeing bricks much better.)Also,you should get "The Forbidden Forest"Harry Potter set,it has a good amount of parts you could use such as a tree and a mushroom! :thumbup:

Well... thanks. I appreciate that. :classic: I have a bunch of brickforge mushrooms, though, that are pretty neat... I'm not a purist by any stretch (I even - gasp - CUT LEGO sometimes!); I do have that set, though... but I have a mental problem where I can't take a set I like apart for a MOC - I'd have to buy another one. I'm thinking about how to do a nicer base, though... maybe something with a border.

But I do agree on one thing - sometimes studless is nice, but for ground - rough ground, or grass, I prefer studs. It is LEGO, after all.