A couple of small CMF displays

8 replies to this topic

#1 fred67

fred67

• A builder, not a hoarder

Member: 8444

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Mariachi Band: Guitar and violin from Brickforge.

Posted Image
DSCF1562 by FredJH, on Flickr

Posted Image
DSCF1561 by FredJH, on Flickr

Three Musketeers (duh):

Posted Image
DSCF1560 by FredJH, on Flickr

Posted Image
DSCF1559 by FredJH, on Flickr

#2 Bricktooth

Bricktooth

Member: 29472

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

These are looking great! My biggest criticism is that the ground is too plain, especially in the Musketeer one. I think you should add some different colored pieces (dark tan or brown for the Mariachis, brightly-colored 1x1 round plates for the Musketeer one as flowers).
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. - First Doctor
My Brickshelf gallery

#3 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

• Blaster Master

Member: 11791

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

ROFL, I love that some guy hired those mariachi guys to play while the snake/scorpion pit fight rages on.  :tongue:
Check my MOCPages for spiffy space ships and vehicles

Posted Image

#4 Legogal

Legogal

Member: 23979

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

These are so cute...adding more in the foreground is a great idea. Cheers!

#5 fred67

fred67

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the advice... I've never been good at "presentation," making nice bases for the figures.  In this case, I realize they are not really much MOCs at all, just a bunch of CMFs that go together in groups with some extra things thrown in... not a whole lot of creativity or thought, but I will think about how I can fill them out more.  I've got mushrooms that will go nicely with the three musketeers! (thanks to brickforge again)

#6 Greedo24

Greedo24

Member: 29214

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

"Nothing special"What do you mean!?!?!?! :wub: :wub: :wub:   Those look AMAZING!Plenty of creativity and not overloaded by flat tiles(I like seeing bricks much better.)Also,you should get "The Forbidden Forest"Harry Potter set,it has a good amount of parts you could use such as a tree and a mushroom! :thumbup:
Posted Image

#7 fred67

fred67

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostGreedo24, on 09 September 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

"Nothing special"What do you mean!?!?!?! :wub: :wub: :wub:   Those look AMAZING!Plenty of creativity and not overloaded by flat tiles(I like seeing bricks much better.)Also,you should get "The Forbidden Forest"Harry Potter set,it has a good amount of parts you could use such as a tree and a mushroom! :thumbup:
Well... thanks.  I appreciate that.  :classic:  I have a bunch of brickforge mushrooms, though, that are pretty neat... I'm not a purist by any stretch (I even - gasp - CUT LEGO sometimes!); I do have that set, though... but I have a mental problem where I can't take a set I like apart for a MOC - I'd have to buy another one.  I'm thinking about how to do a nicer base, though... maybe something with a border.

But I do agree on one thing - sometimes studless is nice, but for ground - rough ground, or grass, I prefer studs.  It is LEGO, after all.

#8 fred67

fred67

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Never let it be said I'm not open to suggestions:

Posted Image
DSCF1573 by FredJH, on Flickr

Posted Image
DSCF1574 by FredJH, on Flickr

I'll have to think about the Mariachi Band.

#9 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

The improvements look great  :thumbup: I like your campfire  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users