de Gothia

The gates of Gothia Castle

The music from the bagpipe filled the court yard. de Gothia and Lena entered Gothia Castle and the people from the surrounding villages cheered! Along was aslo Elon, his wife and their two sons. Soon they would all go to Albion, the Pearl City for the wedding!

7914993776_c37f06c35e.jpg

7915001812_b0c02066b0.jpg

7914999516_60fd401ebd.jpg

7915147052_ae3570cfe1.jpg

7915045006_8c197ecc2b.jpg

7915204124_3edcc2df16.jpg

7915177874_59783034ab.jpg

7915115334_589123cb3c.jpg

7915090066_cb83e3e550.jpg

A free build for Avalonia showing a part of my sigfigs castle. More to come on the castle. Planning to do megablocks Ecc have done with his city.

C&C always welcome!

Awesome! :classic: I think this is one of my favorite builds of yours! The design of the towers is really great as is the woodwork on the tower. Also the staircases are placed nicely so it doesn't look too grey. The amount of minifigs to give the guest a welcome is also nice even more with the flowers :thumbup: And I think this dress fits Lena much better than the red one. And ofcourse great seeing Lady Chorian also :wink:

Great job. Love the backside. The tower with the wooden top reminds me of Ecclisiastes' builds.

That is one impressive gate you've build there. Thick walls and strong towers. You've incorporated the stone-bricks in the walls quite nicely. I should give that a shot soon. The wooden structure on top looks great as well. :thumbup:

I expected a bit more detail at the back of the gate, especially the ground looks a little bit bare if you compare it with the richly detailed gatehouse.

The bley/grey mix is absolutely wonderful. It shows a certain wear to castrate that makes it look as if it has stood for generations. I also can't wait for your wedding. If our sig- figs are invited to this wonderful occasion, I wil make sure you have a sig- fig of mine present (to take reference of course :wink: ) . Again a wonderful build and I can't wait to see Gothia castle in all of its glory!

Excellent build! The decoration on the towers of the gatehouse is top-notch :thumbup: The wooden section on top of the left tower and the stairs add a nice color contrast, not to mention a way to get on the walls :wink:

Looking forward to the next section of your castle :classic:

another awesome de Gothia Product!

Great use of figures and Love the wall and gate house!

If I were to critic anything it would be the inside the gate house base plate. It just looks like a base plate. no cobble stone or tiles left? But don't get me wrong, this looks fantastic!

Excellent as always, dG! I'm assuming this wedding will be more expensive than a Kardashian's? :tongue:

Are you planning on building all of the city, or just a few select bits? Either way, it's already an impressive build!

Damn you have a lot of figs! very nice build, looks very "you".

I have to agree with Mikey though, the baseplate looks plain and the back of the wall, not any stonework?

your wooden tower is superb!

Great MOC once again and I hope to see Gothia castle expand default_satisfied.gif

~Dangerous

Great work! That's an awesome castle and the figures on the wall look great! :thumbup:

Wow, so many kind words and replies! Glad to hear you like it!

Ecc: Thanks, this is my fav as well! Had a lot of fun while building it! You are of course an inspiration with your Ondylion mocs!

Z: Thanks, yes I got inspiration from him with one tower as wood.

Cpt Blackmoor: Thanks, yes I know, the ground is a bit plain. To be honest I started to set out the cheering crwod and then I just forgot the ground until I read about it! :blush:

Penkid: Thanks, I hope to assemble as much of the sigfigs around Historica as possible! :classic:

Soccerkid: Thanks, I tried first with stone stairs but they just melted toghteter with the wall so wood was much better!

Mikey: Thanks, yes the ground is far to plain and cobblestone will be included in my next Gothia Castle part!

Jason: Thanks! Well I´m not buidling a city like Ecc is doing. Gothia Castle is just a castle. :classic: Benoic don´t have any cities just villages. Outside the walls of Gothia Castle lies one of the villages. And yes, I´m planning on building the whole castle layout including the Keep. So four more mocs of Gothia castle should be built!

CptBB: Glad to hear you like it! Thanks!

LD: Thanks. Well this is not all of my civilians figs... :blush: Have a lot more!

Kai: Thanks, happy to hear you like it!

I really like everything about this moc. Techniques, photography, minifig action ... all this is just really cool. However, one thing, that I've just noticed myself, is that using this arch

2339.png

leads to really strange doorways, if you intersect the one or the other piece they are not curved enough anymore to be realistic

This is a great build! I love the patterning above the gate - the modified 2x1 plates work really well above the 2x1 bricks, and cheese slopes. I also love the solidness of the build, and the stairs and towers. I can't wait to see the rest of the castle!

Usually I am not a big fan of mixing the bley/grey, but it looks fantastic on this MOC. You did a good job of mixing the two evenly, so that one color doesn't jump out too much. It really gives it a sense that the structure has been standing for ages.

The front of the gate is my very favorite part, the mixing of the cheese slopes, modified plates and jumper plates gives it so much detail without being overpowering.

While I agree that I think the ground in the back needs a little decoration, it is a very easily fixed. The only thing that sorta bothered me was the one printed tile on the front of the wood tower. To me it stands out a little too much, maybe adding one or two dark brown tiles would break it up more.

Great work on it!

Great job on the stairs :thumbup:

And I love the statues and the atmosphere created with all those cheering people :D

I hope to finish my gate before Friday :classic:

Revisiting this-

Did you intend to submit this for the "King of the Castle" title? Or is more of Gothia castle still to come?

Thanks again!

Kabel: Maybe you are right about the gate and arches. But how do we solve bigger gates like this one? I want to have a rounded opening and not the ones with inverted slopses... Hm have to think about that and I appriciate your thoughts!

Erynlasgalen: Now when the moc have been on the shelf a few days I have to agree with you regarding the printed tiles. They looked so good in CptBB moc when he used it as floor but here it doesn´t have the same effet! Have to think about that in my coming mocs!

Z: No, no titles for this one. This is just a ordinary freebuild for Benoic and Avalonia. I will build de Gothias keep soon and hope to earn the title then!

Lovely build deGothia, looks a treat! :thumbup: Very solid and the tops of the towers with the wooden shelter are very nice - i don't mind the printed tiles at all, i think they fit right in. The procession and the welcoming crowd really set the scene, and the flowers scattered on the path add to the festive atmosphere.

I do agree with what has been said about the main arch though - i think a more rounded arch would look better. (The interior side actually reminds me a little of a clown face, like the entrance to an amusement park) Have you thought perhaps of snotting in built up plates or slopes to achieve the curve you want? Or you could use bricks or plates attached to flex tubes, or even just plates half-stacked (attached more one side than the other) to bend the structure. Just a few ideas! :classic: