Oky

SoF: The Friend Ship

Welcome aboard the "Friendship", the Friends' yacht and party boat! It's the end of Summer of Friends, and what better way to conclude the summer with a relaxing day on Lake Heart!

7902685068_25d9daf59b_z.jpg

The Friend Ship by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

The Friendship has everything you need to have fun in the sun! There is even a pool at the back of the boat. Here you can see the girls chilling next to it. Olivia is sitting in the pool eating ice cream (like she always loves to do), Andrea is about to jump in and splash her with water from the spring board, Mia is lounging on a chair nearby, and Stephanie is coming up the stairs from the cabin.

7903075926_772ba954b9_z.jpg

Meanwhile, Olivia is driving the boat (since she's the only one who knows how to). There are also two lounge chairs and a parasol up here where Mia has joined Olivia to keep her company.

7903069642_027b9d1014_z.jpg

What's this? The top of the boat lifts off to reveal a small room inside the ship where you can sit, relax, have a cold drink from the freezer, and either watch TV or read a book.

7903078376_e899ab3da5_z.jpg

Are you wondering where Stephanie was coming from when she joined the others at the pool? She was preparing a delicious meal for her friends of course! There is a small kitchen in the bowel of the ship, along with a bathroom where the girls can freshen up.

7903081300_bb2af4aa8a_z.jpg

You can find more images in my photostream.

I hope you like it and wish you a beautiful Summer of Friends! :sweet:

Excellent ship 'Oky'.....the girl's version of the Love Boat ? :laugh:

Good luck and Brick On with your Friend's 'Oky' ! :classic:

This is definitely one of my favourite entries! It's too colourful, just the way Friends's sets are. :sweet: All in all, the colours go well together. The shape of the boat is fantastic, and the equipment on the boat as well. Enjoying the pool with icecream, having a small room to relax and read a book, and sunbathing at the top deck! Just amazing! Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Very nice little ship, I like the way you used the purple half arches and the back to correspond with the sloping on the front :thumbup:

Great work on the interiors too :classic:

Are you taking reservations for a trip on your lovely Friends' boat?

My bags are packed! Just let me know a day before you next sail, and I'll be there! Legogal

My bags are packed! Just let me know a day before you next sail, and I'll be there! Legogal

Count me in too, Oky.

This boat is fantastic!!

I love the colors and all the details. The pool is great but the rooms inside are my favorite part, excellent.

All my childhood I wanted to build a ship like that; I'd take the hull piece from 4011 and build a huge structure on top of it, which was quite scary. But your creation is what I had on my mind :)

This ship is nicely done. The way you used the arches is very smart. I just think the red on the bottom is a little out of place, it looks OK, but a little out of place. I really want to go on a cruise aboard the Friend Ship!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it and don't think it's too girly. :sweet:

:laugh: Sorry, I'm afraid this was the Friendship's last sail. It will be retired and scavenged for parts now. :wink:

This ship is nicely done. The way you used the arches is very smart. I just think the red on the bottom is a little out of place, it looks OK, but a little out of place.

Well, I was going for kind of an upside-down City Park Cafe color scheme, with red and pink at the bottom and white at the top, with various other bright colors all around. I was debating whether to build the hull out of white bricks, but I felt that the shape and color of these hull pieces lent themselves perfectly for the Friends theme, and I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Great detailing all around this party boat :tongue:

Thanks! And welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

These perfectly matched tornado earrings also come in the Tahitian chocolate pearl as well.

Uhm... What?? :wacko:

A toilet in the kitchen.... Not maby the most hygienic solution. :sick:

But the boat is pretty cool i think, clever usage for the old boat parts.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Typing error.

Edited by Captain Becker

Thanks! :classic:

A toilet in the kitchen.... Not maby the most hygienic solution. :sick:

Well, it's not really in the kitchen, it's in it's own little cabin. All the yachts of this size that I have been on had the restroom right next to the kitchen, so that's how I did it in this Moc.

I'd like to shrink myself and get on your boat hehe...lovely ship! I saw your review on how you compare your ship with the official Friends 41015 Dolphin Cruiser...love them both!

Thanks! :classic:

Well, it's not really in the kitchen, it's in it's own little cabin. All the yachts of this size that I have been on had the restroom right next to the kitchen, so that's how I did it in this Moc.

I've recently seen a rash of posts about older houses that have a restroom right off the kitchen too. So long as there is a door, it doesn't bother me :)

Nice ship, my sister loves it. Doesn't seem to get that she can't buy it though... :laugh::wacko::laugh:

Haha, thanks. Just tell her to buy the Dolphin Cruiser; it's very similar. :wink:

Nice ship with cute inner details! :thumbup::blush:

Thank you!

I usually don't comment on friend builds but this one is far too good to pass up, great job!

Edited by jluckhaupt