-sigma-

[LDD] SWTOR Republic Striker MOD.

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I play a lot of SWTOR, when I heard about the two lego sets I was ecstatic. However, when I first saw the image for the striker I was somewhat let down.

Now, several months later, after having purchased the Fury and loving it, I've decided that I shall take to the Striker and make it my own, despite not physically owning it. xD

Using these two images as references:

Reference 1,Reference 2.

Here is the final design of my MOD with both open and closed wing configs:

33xiglj.png

I built the Striker in LDD first, then began modding in a landing gear.

2n21ykj.png

It's simple, not entirely sure if they'll stay in position in real life, as LDD doesn't have a gravity and physics check, if it doesn't hold up it'll just be a simple fix to change the snap hinges to axles with pegs.

From then on I just mainly focused on the wings and the area behind the cockpit. I removed the lightsaber holder(Which was freaking ridiculous.) and made the pattern fit the original design a lot better. I changed the colour tone to a grey, so that it matches the more common appearance of the Striker, however a mission or two does feature Ace Talon, or Red Ace, or something, which are red, so yeah.

2vjtyk3.png

The rest of the edits are simple things to make it match the reference a little better, like changing around the engine part, some pieces on the wings and the nose at the front of the ship. I couldn't get the tiling on the wings to match the reference perfectly, it's hard getting something which is meant to curve smoothly to appear the same with Lego.

10xsjgi.png

Either way, that's that, hope you guys think it's alright. xD

((EDIT: I attached the .lxf file, in-case anyone wanted to peek around and have a better look.))

SWTOR Republic Striker.lxf

It's nice :thumbup:

But I think there is a problem with the scale, it's smaller than the striker in the reference pictures.

Well-designed! While the scale may be a bit off, it's still closer than TLG's official model. :thumbup: Also, you've got more accurate colours! Not that I have anything against TLG or their version of the set. They're heavily restricted by needing to make the model sell.

Edited by purpleparadox

Good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only problem is the scale, it is a bit small compared to the photo :classic:

I think a minifigure is a good addition :wink:

Nice job -sigma-! I really like the color scheme like this, much better than official model. I might've acually been tempted to buy the Striker if the official release had looked like this. :thumbup:

This makes me want to buy it so I can modify it to this!

Id say the scale isn't an issue at all, as it is more down to a 'minifig width/height scaling issue' which you have found the best solution/compromise for which I feel works perfectly!

The more accurate colour representation also somehow makes it more appealing to me than TLGs version, based on which, I do not understand (personally) how they feel theirs would be more sellable than the more accurate coloured version, but hey hoo... That is why Lego is so awesome, because it gives us room to modify to something as brilliantly as this!

:thumbup:

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. c:

As for the scale, I'm not entirely sure how I could make it any bigger and then have it set next to a Fury without making the Fury any bigger as well. It's got some tricky building so I'm not too keen to take apart my own Fury to see if I can max it out(Not like I have the spare pieces anyway), I might have to as well, whip it into LDD and see what's what.

I can kind of understand why Lego went with a coloured variant, as it would most likely get people's attention more than a grey ship. Remember guys, we're living in the grand old age of impulse shopping, people want what looks good. :D

(...)

I can kind of understand why Lego went with a coloured variant, as it would most likely get people's attention more than a grey ship. Remember guys, we're living in the grand old age of impulse shopping, people want what looks good. :D

And yet it's the color of the official version that keeps me from buying it. I think it looks absolutely horrible with the dark red, bright red and orange color scheme. I would probably have bought it if it had been light grey like yours or even white with red accents like most LEGO versions of Republic/Rebel starfighters.

Good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only problem is the scale, it is a bit small compared to the photo :classic:

I think a minifigure is a good addition :wink:

2uohs1i.png

"Jedi Knight Companions"

T7. Kira Carsen. Doc. Sargeant Rusk. Lord Scourge.

I've always wanted a Chagrian head mold, though I suppose it'd take forever for Lego to get around to one, sadly. :<

For now, I guess we have to settle to methods like this:

Picture004-7.jpg

Edited by -sigma-

For now, I guess we have to settle to methods like this:

:wub_drool:, now that is a great idea.

I was looking at the Fury, along with the Corellian Defender that someone else made over on Cuusoo, thinking to myself that in comparison the Striker is larger than it should be, so because of this, I've attempted to make my mod a little smaller..

25hpn9y.png

I've also messed around and done different paint jobs as well based on the different Jedi Starfighters from the CW lego sets. Still uploading pics though.

EDIT:

1zx6s08.png

Ahsoka Tano's Republic Striker.

34949r8.png

Anakin Skywalker's Republic Striker.

jpy92o.png

Plo Koon's Republic Striker.

w88h8l.png

Saesee Tinn's Republic Striker.

2dc8jz6.png

Mace Windu's Republic Striker.

Edited by -sigma-

EDIT:

Ahsoka Tano's Republic Striker.

Anakin Skywalker's Republic Striker.

Plo Koon's Republic Striker.

Saesee Tinn's Republic Striker.

Mace Windu's Republic Striker.

Now thats a really good idea, I like Ahsoka's.

What a fun idea to play around with, customized paint jobs! :laugh: I like how most of them turned out, but i think Anakin's Striker would look better if you replaced the white colored parts with dark grey though, just to get a bit more contrast with the yellow.

Interesting MOD on Saesee Tiin's Striker, that sure made me smile! And i see Windu's Striker has some tweaks as well, nice! :sweet:

Definetly better then the TLG version :classic:

[snip]

That's a clever way! Gonna try it out immediatly :wink:

Btw that's the troll head off Harry Potter, right?

EDIT: not the troll head OFF Harry Potter :tongue: , but in the bathroom/toilet set?

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

Man, these are sweet. Like a squadron of custom awesomeness. What about custom OT fighters to match the old-school Jedi styles. That would be so boss.

Nice job, elegant solution to engine bit. I might steal that for my own version, I've built an overly complicated mechanism for it that's just too bulky.