toatali

The Great Being revealed

The great being from The Yesterday quest is...

velika.jpg

Velika!

source My link

Do you know what spoiler is? Yeah? Thank you :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, it's good to know that Greg is still thinking about Bionicle. Was it said that we are going to have new stories written by him?

In Russian language (and some other Slavic ones), "Great Being" sounds like Великий (Velikiy). As we know, Greg Farshtey knows some Russian words, so there was a hint for us since 2006.

What a completely useless and stupid story revelation. Can we please stop shoving retcons down Bionicle's lifeless throat? It's dead, over, and we don't need to riddle it with retcons and sloppy writing in a vain attempt to keep it going. Just leave it alone, please.

Small wonder I prefer Hero Factory over this tripe.

CabooseBM, just shut up. =_= If you don't like that Bionicle fans still keep the Universe alive, deal with it and be quiet.

Would it be nice to you if someone will shout "Hero Factory is lame! It's rotten body stinks from very beginning, I can't wait TLG to shut it down."

I know that you said it a bit different, but it's just an example of the same behavior.

Edited by -N13OS-

CabooseBM, just shut up. =_= If you don't like that Bionicle fans still keep the Universe alive, deal with it and be quiet.

Would it be mice to you if someone will shout "Hero Factory is lame! It's rotten body stinks from very beginning, I can't wait LG to shut it down."

I know that you said it a bit difference, but it's just an example of the same behavior.

+1. Keep the pointless BIONICLE criticism to BZP please.

Like MakutaNocturn said above, it's good to hear that Greg is still thinking of us. Maybe we could be getting some story updates in the future.

What a completely useless and stupid story revelation. Can we please stop shoving retcons down Bionicle's lifeless throat? It's dead, over, and we don't need to riddle it with retcons and sloppy writing in a vain attempt to keep it going. Just leave it alone, please.

Small wonder I prefer Hero Factory over this tripe.

*dances at grave*

Well, I'm glad we at least have one promise fulfilled. Let's just hope we get at least one more full story.

It's not even that I'm against keeping it going, after the story ended in 2010 we had a great opportunity to tell a few stories on the new Spherus Magna, but it's been bungled so badly that I'd rather just see it end entirely at this point. This piece of news is just an example of the problem.

Edited by CabooseBM

It's not even that I'm against keeping it going, after the story ended in 2010 we had a great opportunity to tell a few stories on the new Spherus Magna, but it's been bungled so badly that I'd rather just see it end entirely at this point. This piece of news is just an example of the problem.

So essentially your cranky because your little theme was rushed to completion, so you have declared the whole thing to be crap. Just to let you know, everything ends eventually, sonetimes swiftly and unexpectantly and there's nothing you can do. At least Greg is respecting the fans and filing in the plotlnes that he couldn't finish, instead of letting the secret sit. Hero Factory is going to have a similair fate eventually, that doesn't make the product tripe.

Bionicle has had problems throughout it's history, but at least it ended at a somewhat high note, with some nostalgia and an epic-scale battle, with a brilliantly themed 2009 covering it's back.

Personally I think Hero Factory only seems better due to a lack of personnal attachement and a consistently mediocre plot lacking in symbolism or morality. Highlighted by a building system, that although unique, is poorly designed for larger scale building and includes an excessive amount of unecessary attachement systems. I am being harsh, but they are essentially just fancy minifigures on a larger scale. I enjoy the sets and the theme, but creativity wise I've seen much cooler things come out of Bionicle (and I prefer the look of the parts).

Edited by the last chronicler

I didn't know about this Great Being in disguise thing. I've lost my interest about "modern" Bionicle story after Bara Magna. I love things like MNOG and Bohrok animations, and really like the thing that Matoran Universe was the inner organs of very big robot, but after the other worlds were discovered, the story just became a strange and not very logical fan-fic. Things like main mastermind villain dying by smashing his head into a moon or Matoran universe's ridiculously small population (Not to mention the terrible "to sell toys" golden armour thing) made me happy about the fact that Bionicle was gone.

Despite that the Bionicle was a expectionally rich world for a toy series. And about this Velika thing, I don't think that's very bad choice, he's the old riddle-speaker after all. But as Shakar said, I would have preferred Kapura. That character was awesome.

Edited by pig

After the series ended back in 2010, I no longer care about anything related to the Bionicle storyline anymore, but I guess the info about the great being is good news for anyone who still cares.

So essentially your cranky because your little theme was rushed to completion, so you have declared the whole thing to be crap. Just to let you know, everything ends eventually, sonetimes swiftly and unexpectantly and there's nothing you can do.

Yeah, you know what? Leave your condescension at home if you intend to make an argument, you just end up sounding like a jerk and I won't be taking you seriously.

is poorly designed for larger scale building

Yeah, no.

(For the record I do apologize for the last line of my first post in this topic, that was out of spite. Hero Factory is still better though.)

Edited by CabooseBM

Regarding Hero Factory's supposed uselessness for building large scale models, I don't deny that some great stuff has been built by MOCists. As far as TLC is concerned, however, it took them a whole year before they managed their first decent humanoid titan (Black Phantom). Witch Doctor, Rocka XL, and especially "Fail" Lord were all terrible IMO, and the other Ordeal of Fire villians also don't hold up well. This is contrast to Bionicle, which mastered the titan from year one onward - in fact, many of the large sets from the first two years are still considered some of the best.

Oh, yeah, the Great Being reveal. Was cool, especially since I'm one of those fans who would have been severely disappointed if it was anyone other than Velika. Kapura was pretty odd too, but keep in mind that the weirdest features of his character (the teleporting) isn't actually canon. Besides, nothing about him really made me think that he was anything other than a slightly unusual Matoran - in constrast to Velika, who always carried himself about as though he was far beyond normal comprehension. Why else would he speak in riddles rather than just communicate like an average MU denizen?

Yeah, you know what? Leave your condescension at home if you intend to make an argument, you just end up sounding like a jerk and I won't be taking you seriously.

Yeah, no.

(For the record I do apologize for the last line of my first post in this topic, that was out of spite. Hero Factory is still better though.)

Sure, it works if you throw some Bionicle pieces in between. I just don't like that it's trying so hard to be it's own style separate from Bionicle and Technic, yet the design can't fully hold it's own. Bionicle was designed as Sci-Fi figures in the Technic genre, so the designs are logical. On the other hand large Hero Factory MOCs and sets, especially vehicles, can't hold their own in this so called "new system", as if they designed the figures this way for the sake of differentiating it from Bionicle.

Of course it's not fair for me to judge the theme this early on in it's career, considering Bionicle had 10 years to perfect and increase the variety its system. But for arguments sake, I'm simply saying no theme is perfect and shouldn't be judged on one aspect or one year, but across the board so we can see it's qualities. Hero Factory is consistent bore-fest of Bionicle tropes rehashed, no better than any other kids action figures these days. It's stands only because it's balanced on the shoulders of previous greats, not because it's a quality product. Plus the limbs look like ZooB pieces.

PS: I am being spiteful, and it's stupid to have these arguments over a toy, but Bionicle deserves credits where it is due, instead of being trivialized as simply the precursor to HF. I do not hate Hero Factory in any manner, it's cool system! But if you say something harsh like your previous comment don't think there isn't going to be any backlash, especially biased toward Bionicle.

I didn't know about this Great Being in disguise thing. I've lost my interest about "modern" Bionicle story after Bara Magna. I love things like MNOG and Bohrok animations, and really like the thing that Matoran Universe was the inner organs of very big robot, but after the other worlds were discovered, the story just became a strange and not very logical fan-fic. Things like main mastermind villain dying by smashing his head into a moon or Matoran universe's ridiculously small population (Not to mention the terrible "to sell toys" golden armour thing) made me happy about the fact that Bionicle was gone.

Despite that the Bionicle was a expectionally rich world for a toy series. And about this Velika thing, I don't think that's very bad choice, he's the old riddle-speaker after all. But as Shakar said, I would have preferred Kapura. That character was awesome.

It's seems like you don't like story elements coming out of the blue. I admit, a whole new world was a jump, maybe forced a little, but the execution of 2009 was excellent, it really brought back the mystic feeling created 2001, but with it's own cultural twist based on roman Gladiator concepts placed over an apocalyptic world.

The last year was rushed, and this did make things seem unrealistic or illogical, but you have to take things in their basic form, not as their details.

The whole moon thing was appropriate though, and was a perfect way to show of Mata Nui's desperation and self sacrifice. To kill Makuta any other way but in the hands of the broken Mata Nui would have been a disservice in my opinion.

Edited by the last chronicler

Yeah, no.

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

Is it really big for you? Just another crappy moc less higher than Witch Doctor. And look for example on that now!

Minion.jpg

BTW: If you are not interested in the topic WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WRITTING US ABOUT IT. I'm getting tottaly angry when I'm hearing "Oh, Bionicle was so bad. Oh my God it was such a crap for children, oh dear this crappy story, oh no. Hopefully we have our Hero Factory! With a story where every year ONE DUMB VILLIAN wants to rule the whole world! It's so scary! So mature! Oh my God I just pissed in my paaaantieees!"

Action in Hero Factory is as predictable as in My Little Pony and many other cartoons so PLEASE, stop saying how bad Bionicle is and return to your crappy heroes. And stop annoying real fans! It's damn nasty! When you are eating a dinner with a family and somebody is eating something other than you are you saying "Oh God these meat looks like crap." Or sth like that?

Edited by MakutaNocturn

Regardless, this topic isn't about Hero Factory, it's about Bionicle and it's somewhat terrible retcon based on a retcon.

@Makuta Nocturn, do me a favour and read my posts, okay?

BTW: If you are not interested in the topic WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WRITTING US ABOUT IT.

Because I was a big fan of Bionicle and to an extent I still am. I can be a big fan of something and have bad things to say about it.

I'm getting tottaly angry when I'm hearing "Oh, Bionicle was so bad. Oh my God it was such a crap for children, oh dear this crappy story, oh no. Hopefully we have our Hero Factory! With a story where every year ONE DUMB VILLIAN wants to rule the whole world! It's so scary! So mature! Oh my God I just pissed in my paaaantieees!"

I dunno what to tell you, that's not why I like Hero Factory? Have fun getting mad for completely made up reasons.

Action in Hero Factory is as predictable as in My Little Pony and many other cartoons

Funny you should say that, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic IS written better than Bionicle, for one thing.

And stop annoying real fans! It's damn nasty!

Hahaha, "real" fans.

Edited by CabooseBM

How did this become a Bionicle vs. Hero Factory?, it's 2010 all over again...

Also "real/true" fan :laugh: , and I thought Transformer fans were bad when it came to that phase.

Funny you should say that, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic IS written better than Bionicle, for one thing.

Wow, tough statement! =) Prove it. I don't intend to provoke you, I really want to know your opinion.

I can be a big fan of something and have bad things to say about it.

Wise. Don't love something mindlessly. Am I right?

Sadly, ANY discussion about Bionicle will grow into such holywar.

"Well-written" and "badly-written" are the "bloat" and "usability" of the entertainment industry. They have become expressions that have no meaning at all and are only used selectively to complain or praise without substance.

So essentially your cranky because your little theme was rushed to completion, so you have declared the whole thing to be crap. Just to let you know, everything ends eventually, sonetimes swiftly and unexpectantly and there's nothing you can do. At least Greg is respecting the fans and filing in the plotlnes that he couldn't finish, instead of letting the secret sit. Hero Factory is going to have a similair fate eventually, that doesn't make the product tripe.

Bionicle has had problems throughout it's history, but at least it ended at a somewhat high note, with some nostalgia and an epic-scale battle, with a brilliantly themed 2009 covering it's back.

Personally I think Hero Factory only seems better due to a lack of personnal attachement and a consistently mediocre plot lacking in symbolism or morality. Highlighted by a building system, that although unique, is poorly designed for larger scale building and includes an excessive amount of unecessary attachement systems. I am being harsh, but they are essentially just fancy minifigures on a larger scale. I enjoy the sets and the theme, but creativity wise I've seen much cooler things come out of Bionicle (and I prefer the look of the parts).

Bionicle is poorly designed for all scales. So I see HF as an improvement.

Anyway, if a valid large HF shouldn't have any Bionicle pieces. I say then that a valid large Bionicle shouldn't have any LEGO Technic pieces. Please show them.

And look for example on that now!

I don't like it:/

I think that a big flaw with Bionicle is that most large constructions look the same. Hey. bohrok shields!

Edited by vexorian

Wow, tough statement! =) Prove it. I don't intend to provoke you, I really want to know your opinion.

The best I can tell you is to watch an episode of it, but MLP Friendship is Magic is a slice-of-life character-driven series that excelled at writing trope-subversive plots not just for the girl cartoon arena, but in the wider arena of cartoons. FiM's real strength comes from the diversity and depth of it's main cast and supporting characters. That along with witty dialogue, intelligent writing, and an ability to present life lessons that not only apply to everyone, but aren't usually obtrusive to the story.

Wise. Don't love something mindlessly. Am I right?

Exactly what I was saying! Thanks. =D

Anyway, if a valid large HF shouldn't have any Bionicle pieces. I say then that a valid large Bionicle shouldn't have any LEGO Technic pieces. Please show them.

Hard mode: it cannot use any Throwbot or Roborider pieces, you lose out on the original y-shaped ball sockets.

Also "real/true" fan :laugh: , and I thought Transformer fans were bad when it came to that phase.

^ "sigh" :sceptic:

Can't we just enjoy that Greg gave us some little extra information on Bionicle's story and not criticise either Bionicle or Hero Factory. CabooseBM, I can understand why you're annoyed at this revelation, but tbh, Greg merely provided us a favour by telling us who the disguised Great Being was. Of course, this was a bit late, but to some people, this revelation was rather important, thus why Greg revealed it.

Edited by Nike2032

I will concede that it was nice of Greg to give us a final answer on the whole hidden Great Being thing.

Even if I don't like it.

Edited by CabooseBM