Sign in to follow this  
PlayerfromTaiwan

Tiny Tiny R7-A7

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

R7-A7 is the droid of Asoka's in Clone Wars. Not so well known as R2-D2,but it still has remarkable match colors

which can be easy recognized as a member in Star Wars. And this tiny tiny R7-A7 is adorable to put on desk or put in collections.

This small version of R7-A7 consists of around 400 pieces and is 9cm tall. The head can turn 360 degrees around

and the third leg in the middle is able to stretch by the control at the back.

p1040696.jpg

p1040697.jpg

p1040701.jpg

the control is at the notch

p1040699.jpg

p1040700.jpg

By the way, here's my page in CUUSOO, support me and make these all happen if you want a small R7-A7 in hands!!!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/24460

I like what you did with the head, but I think at this scale you could do so much more with the detail on those legs and the body. Look what Dan Sto did here for inspiration.

Wow that is really cool. The build looks sweet and the functions are great.

I like what you did with the head, but I think at this scale you could do so much more with the detail on those legs and the body. Look what Dan Sto did here for inspiration.

I will agree with Dapper that you could use some better techniques on the legs, but apart from that its a well thought out and built Astromech.

Looks like you've got some competition Dapper LOL :laugh: .

This is so cute! Perhaps it could use a few more details here and there, but I like it already. I'm especially impressed that you worked in a functioning third leg drop!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very nice! Ingenious way of including a switch on it! Great job, and I can't wait to see you put out some more!

That's a really nice and well made astrodroid PlayerfromTaiwan. The fact that it features a retractable third leg just like its large official UCS cousin is a great touch i think! :thumbup:

One footnote though. The way that the droid is constructed has a lot of plates facing outward, and as a result there are a lot of studs showing. I'm not sure if you can work around it, but it does make the droid appear less smooth and i fear that it draws the attention away from more interesting details.

This looks great, I love astromechs! :classic: The way you did the third leg was very clever and I can't wait to see if you make more of them.