SoF: Olivia's Research Lab

7 replies to this topic

#1 cdaimers

cdaimers

Member: 20618

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Olivia and her friends have a proper job at the research laboratory building and testing equipment and vehicles.

Sorry for the quality of the background, this is my first attempt posting and photographing models.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They needed to clear some space for a new vehicle needing repair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(based on Dark Knight Rises 'Bat' vehicle)

#2 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Awesome build! However, the dark grey part in front doesn't look to good compared to the bright colors behind it. You might want to rebuild it in a bright color.
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Cool MOC, the vehicle is really neat and I like the stripes in the wall  :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 LegoMyMamma

LegoMyMamma

• Official Friends Pirate

Member: 7607

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

What a fabulous Laboratory!!  The color scheme you used is certainly creative & motivating.  The equipment is interesting too; is that hand-truck for tools or getting up high to inspect, or like a Segway?

The way the flooring makes the aircraft stand out is just all-around super fun  :sweet:

Best of luck to you!!

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Both an AWESOME and impressive entry 'cdaimers', great Segway and wonderful fusion of science lab and engineering workshop.....all with a girl's touch to it ! :wink:
Good luck and Brick On with your Friend's 'cdaimers' ! :classic:

#6 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nice entry cdaimers. I like the contrast of the bright colours of the lab and the stark greys of the vehicle - makes it look like the Friends are constructing something slightly sinister  :devil: . Good job on also making a vehicle that can seat a minidoll  :thumbup:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#7 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

First off, welcome to Eurobricks!

Nice build!

Yay more friends build :grin:

Good use of friends colour and I love the fact the Friends are actually building the vehicle.  :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#8 cdaimers

cdaimers

Member: 20618

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Many thanks for the nice replies.  This is the first model I have photographed and published.

My girls (3 and 5) choose the colour schemes and it is probably the first scene that they have not destroyed in a couple of days.  The idea was that Olivia and friends were building prototype machines (thus the dark colours of the equipment to contrast the workshop). I have now found extra red for the floor (we built a display for the olympic figures) and will relay it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users