badboytje88, on 27 August 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:
What I find interesting is that the two people you voted for both got killed. What a unlikely coincidence...
It's been said by others already, but even I - with a stomach full of mushrooms - found this statement off.
I'm not sure if you're implying that Portia has the power to kill with her votes, or if you're implying she and her friends (Her scum team?) killed off the people she wanted dead? I don't see that making sense, as surely the scum wouldn't be dumb enough to compromise one of their team mates like that. Then again, they are dumb enough to walk into spiky death traps...
Either way, trying to implicate someone as suspicious when they're not is just odd behaviour.
Cecilie, on 27 August 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:
*sqeak* Actually, the fact that the votes are piling up fast could be a sign that Carly really is a Cultist, because her teammates would want to jump early on her bandwagon so as not to arouse suspicion when we all learn her allegiance and start looking at voting patterns. It's different than yesterday, where the Cultists could try to appear Villagey by defending the Villagers on the chopping block.
This is a good point. However, I don't think the scum would be the one to lead the bandwagon, neigh
, they wouldn't throw one of their own on to the chopping block. But as soon as the vote tipped in favour of one of their own, I'm sure they'd get a few votes in - as well as keep a few off, non-votes and votes for others, to cover all bases.
But moving on to the subject at hand - Carly Cow. I kind of don't want to lynch her - I love my milk and shroomies - but I suppose I can make the switch to goat milk, or hippo milk...
Let's just look at the points, shall we, because I have a hard time following things and I don't want to just 'jump on a band wagon' without fully understanding why I'm doing so. That's a stupid thing to do. So.
- Yesterday, Portia Poodle was pulling her 'vote for the quiet ones to get them to speak up' trick.
- Carly Cow thought this 'voting for the quiet ones' trick was stupid, as all it would get are the quiet ones saying "Oh hey, I'm here. Don't vote for me." and that Portia's vote was more useful on a bandwagon, suggesting she vote for Casey Cat.
- Portia explained that she didn't need to vote on a bandwagon to express her opinion - she could just say it - and adding another vote to the pile would be less useful than using her vote to get the quiet ones to contribute to the discussion at hand.
- Carly gets a bit grumpy and again says Portia should change her vote from the quiet ones - at this point on Wallace Walrus - and on to the main bandwagon. Ooooh...
- Fast-forward to today, when Portia brings this up. Now we know Wallace scumbag Walrus was a Cultist, it puts a new twist on it. Right away it gets people's attention (Gordon's, Brigit's).
- Cameron Cockodile mentions how Carly was so quick in dismissing the lynch for Petey, as if she knew Petey was town - as suggested earlier, only a scum would know definitively who was town, and could use to their advantage to appear town themselves.
- This is uh... this is pretty convincing stuff. I can see why someone hasn't done this big summary thing yet, there's another like 3 pages. Okay, uhm...
- Mindy Mouse, Cameron Dickodile, Ernie Elephant and Becka Bulldog also cast a fair bit of doubt upon Carly Cow.
Then everyone plays dead, I have a magical little paddle around with my mushroom friend, aaand then everyone votes for Carly Cow for the aforementioned reasons.
Carly puts up a super convincing defence
, and gets her udder in a twist, voting for Casey Cat without providing reason.
I may have missed it, and anyone please correct this if I'm wrong, but Carly hasn't provided any further attempt at defending herself. So, yeeaahh...
Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)
I'm pretty darn confident in this vote. Neigh!
Nay, that wasn't me saying nay, I was just neighing. Neigh!
And a whinny
too! <noms on more shrooms>