Players only please!!
It is the wee hours of the morning. Everyone was awake all night blowing off steam, drinking and playing games. Bristol Bunny can't sleep. Her mind is racing from all the goings-on, so she sits at the fountain in the Village Square and considers a frog who is sitting on the edge of the marble basin.
Bristol doesn't say anything. As a matter of fact, you might not even know she was there unless you were looking for her...and someone is...
...and that someone is so quiet she doesn't even hear it approaching, and she's so engrossed with the pretty frog she doesn't even notice the blade of the axe cleaving her brain in two. Bristol Bunny (Bob) dies almost instantly. But, in those last few seconds of life she opens her mouth and...says nothing.
The killer watches her for a moment as her blood begins to stain the pure water of the fountain, but quickly dashes off into the night.
Just then, Petey Panda's river-bloated corpse washes up on the river bank.
For a brief moment, the spirit of Felix Fox appears in the Village Square. He considers the bodies of Petey and Bristol for a moment.
He quickly disappears in a flash of phantom flames.
Next in line is Wallace Walrus (Masked Builder). He is asleep outside Gibson's Tavern. He wonders why nobody woke him when the bar was closing. Perhaps it's because they didn't notice he was there. He has a tendency to be kind of quiet. Wallace notices immediately how very hungry he is from all the drinking. How he wishes he had a nice juicy fish to gobble down.
Fortunately for him, somebody has left a nice juicy fish in the middle of the road! They even went to the trouble of dressing it out on a huge spiky ... plate ... thingy, what the hell is that? I built it and I don't even know.
"Yum, yum, yum, how fortunate for me," Wallace exclaims. "I was just wishing I had a nice juicy fish to eat!"
"Hands are over-rated," Wallace says, revving up an expert diver approach, "I'm just going to shove my face directly into that thing!"
Unfortunately for Wallace Walrus, the spiky plate thing is supposed to be a bear trap and it clamps down on his skull, squeezing his brain onto the cobblestone...which incidentally kills him.
In the morning, there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Villagers as they discover the biblical carnage in their Village Square.
"Our friends are dying!" someone cries.
"How will we know if they were good or bad?" another asks, arms outstretched to the heavens.
"What the hell is that thing that killed Wallace?" yet another person asks.
Firuz Fox and Marcellus the Monk are there too. They are quickly intervening to help calm the panicked Villagers.
"How will we know if the dead were Cultists or not?" Firuz asks Marcellus.
"Most of my magic came from The Baker and his wife," Marcellus explains. "After they died, I lost most of it, but I do retain a bit of magic in my staff. I can wave this over the bodies of the dead. If the gem turns green, they were pure of heart, innocent Villagers. But, if the gem turns red, they had evil intentions and were, therefore, Cultists."
"Can't you wave it over the living?" Firuz asks. "It would save us a helluva lot of trouble and death."
"No," Marcellus admits. "It only works on the dead."
"That's unfortunate," Firuz complains. "Why wouldn't it work on the living?"
"Shut up, that's why," Marcellus answers.
Marcellus brings his staff to the fountain. Bristol Bunny (Bob) was a Villager.
Marcellus brings his staff to the river. Petey Panda (darkdragon) was a Villager.
Marcellus brings his staff to the weird bear trap thingy or whatever. Wallace Walrus (Masked Builder) was a Cultist.
"We got one," Marcellus says.
The people of Winter Haven cheer!...although some of them are faking it.
Day Two has begun. You may not vote during the first 24 hours. Please note the new rule.
The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
- If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
- You must make the sound your animal makes in each of your posts. If your animal doesn't make a common sound (bunny, hippo) make one up and stick to it. Be creative. (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts)
- Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.
Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:
- Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
- The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
- Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
- Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.
You have all been sent a role PM in this format:
Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)
Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.
Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.
You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.
Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.
Best of luck and have fun!
Marcellus the Monk,
played by Hinckley
Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,
played by Fugazi
Active Players (23)
Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,
played by Waterbrick Down
Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,
played by Rick
Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,
played by Dragonator
Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,
played by Sandy
Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,
played by Rufus
Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,
played by Tamamono
Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,
played by Scouty
Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,
played by WhiteFang
Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,
played by JimButcher
Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,
played by Pandora
Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,
played by Quarryman
Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,
played by Scubacarrot
Heidi Hippo, Farmer,
played by CallMePie
Horace Horse, Blacksmith,
played by iamded
Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,
played by TinyPiesRUs
Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,
played by Cecilie
Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,
played by Professor Flitwick
Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,
played by Zepher
Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,
played by Eskallon
Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,
played by CorneliusMurdock
Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,
played by badboytje88
Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,
played by Dannylonglegs
Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,
played by Shadows
The Deceased (3)
Petey Panda, Fisherman,
played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager
Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,
played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager
Wallace Walrus, Lawman,
played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist