Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Teardrop

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Today's MOC is the Teardrop.

Here is the lxf file you lowly tieves!

Kar Qwon, a young jedi, lived on Dantooine with his beloved wife. Returning from a long and dangerous mission which he was the sole survivor, losing his best friends and companions, he found his wife dead and buried.

He left the jedi order, and traveled from one place of the galaxy to another, avoiding crowded cities, living aboard his aging ship.

In the villages he earned his living in the fair, performing juggling, walking on burning embers or swallowing lightsabers ...

To some he told his sad story, and they quickly nicknamed his ship "Teardrop".

lddscreenshot57.png

lddscreenshot58.png

lddscreenshot59.png

lddscreenshot61.png

lddscreenshot60.png

lddscreenshot62.png

lddscreenshot63.png

lddscreenshot64.png

It's gotta be great building practice to design a new MOC every day! I'm considering trying it too. :classic:

This one is neat. :thumbup: It's reminiscent of the typical Jedi Starfighter design that you see in sets, but it's not an exact copy. I like the use of Sand Blue (?) on the bottom. I'd prefer a little bit on top as well, just to break up all that Light Gray, but maybe that's not the look you were going for. :shrug_oh_well:

It's gotta be great building practice to design a new MOC every day! I'm considering trying it too. :classic:

It takes much time. Yesterday's one was difficult, and I changed some design features many times so I though I might not post it in time.

This one is neat. :thumbup: It's reminiscent of the typical Jedi Starfighter design that you see in sets, but it's not an exact copy. I like the use of Sand Blue (?) on the bottom. I'd prefer a little bit on top as well, just to break up all that Light Gray, but maybe that's not the look you were going for. :shrug_oh_well:

It's sand blue. It work well with grey (light or dark). You're right, I should have put some blue on top.

I was umming and ah-ing over the drab colour scheme and the similarities to the CW Jedi Starfighters, but then I saw the tiny cabin and fell in love. It's such a great little detail that adds tons of charm to the set. A couple of things I'd change - more colour variation, especially in that grey top layer. Mixing up light bley with dark bley and black adds texture and depth which can help out a lot. The vents on the wings would be good contenders for that. I'd probably switch out the space chair for a regular one - space chairs are best used when the sitter has oxygen tanks or if you need to attach something to the back. And I'd put a regular 1x2 plate with studs at the foot of the bed so he can lie down properly and not fall out if the ship gets swooshed around.

I was umming and ah-ing over the drab colour scheme and the similarities to the CW Jedi Starfighters, but then I saw the tiny cabin and fell in love. It's such a great little detail that adds tons of charm to the set. A couple of things I'd change - more colour variation, especially in that grey top layer. Mixing up light bley with dark bley and black adds texture and depth which can help out a lot. The vents on the wings would be good contenders for that. I'd probably switch out the space chair for a regular one - space chairs are best used when the sitter has oxygen tanks or if you need to attach something to the back. And I'd put a regular 1x2 plate with studs at the foot of the bed so he can lie down properly and not fall out if the ship gets swooshed around.

I did some colour change, since the grey part bothered me too.

These daily MOCs are likely to have similarities to existing sets/MOCs. I build them with one or two ideas (the gunship was built to use the engine's design), and sometimes I have in mind shapes or color schemes that may exists.

The space chair allow a 15° inclination between the torso and legs, the "normal" chair only allow 5°. Originaly I've put a normal chairr, but the canopy couldn't close :sceptic:

Updated the lxf file

lddscreenshot67.png

I've been looking at your mass production of SW universe vehicles lately and this is one of your best so far. The new colour scheme is better IMO and I like the storage/quarters in the ship, nice touch. LDD is a good way to quickly punch out MOC's, keep them coming. Are you going to build any of your MOC's in actual LEGO?

I've been looking at your mass production of SW universe vehicles lately and this is one of your best so far. The new colour scheme is better IMO and I like the storage/quarters in the ship, nice touch. LDD is a good way to quickly punch out MOC's, keep them coming. Are you going to build any of your MOC's in actual LEGO?

That's a sweet, ship right there. You should try building it to see how it looks like.

Sadly I can't brickbuild them as I only have old lego bricks, sdo I miss the new colors, the new bricks, and by new I mean anything produced in the last 15 years.

And I don't plan on buying lego sets as I'm saving to buy the parts I need to complete my SSD.

I always include the lxf file, so if anyone want to brickbuild one of my design, go ahead :wink:

It really does resemble the shape of a teardrop a bit. Well done on the shaping, i love the lines and curves on this one. But the detail that really made me smile was the fact that it opens up to reveal a small cabin behind the cockpit. :wub: The updated coloring is an improvement by the way, the all gray did seem just a bit bland.

Very nicely done! I really like the small yet well detailed interior and the fact that there's a hatch to allow the figure to get into the cockpit - for some reason I find a lot of people overlook that detail. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong MOCS but either way it's great to see. Very nice work!

Very good MOC :thumbup:

Hull shaping and interior have a nice design. A real privateer's ship that very well fits into the expanded universe. Nice background story, too. :classic:

Thanks all.

Great MOC, is it from a real ship? If it is, could you post referene images?

It's an original ship

Thanks all.

It's an original ship

Huh? The only thing i actually can think of is this one i know from one wotc rpg ship. A similar thing already had appearance in WEG galaxy guide no. 6 of their respective rpg which i started playing in some 1987. :cry_happy: What wonderful memories... :wub:

Would you be so kind to enlight us on the inspiration you took the idea of?

Huh? The only thing i actually can think of is this one i know from one wotc rpg ship. A similar thing already had appearance in WEG galaxy guide no. 6 of their respective rpg which i started playing in some 1987. :cry_happy: What wonderful memories... :wub:

Would you be so kind to enlight us on the inspiration you took the idea of?

It's his own original idea, it's not based on any existing model.