Sign in to follow this  
-GZ-

MOC: Triumphal Arch

I've built this MOC for demonstrating an example of usage of columns with capitals invented by me (more about these columns, Flickr). But you can find here some interesting decoration ideas.

Unfortunately it is not a full arch, it has no back wall, however can look at the construction of the gate itself! It uses some SNOT and not so simply as one can think looking at the title picture...

The double-headed eagle at the top of the arch is a well-known imperial symbol, but it doesn't refer to any specific country - neither Russia, nor Holy Roman Empire, etc. It's an sbstract arch!

Sorry for the quality of photos, but I prefer buying bricks, not expensive photo cameras! :laugh:

triumfalnaya-arka_55260.jpg

triumfalnaya-arka_55281.jpg

triumfalnaya-arka_55282.jpg

triumfalnaya-arka_55283.jpg

triumfalnaya-arka_55277.jpg

triumfalnaya-arka_55276.jpg

Details inside:

triumfalnaya-arka_55278.jpg

You can find more photos on this model's page on Russian LUG website: http://www.doublebrick.ru/mocs/zelenyy-zaktan/triumfalnaya-arka

Thanks for looking, and I'm waiting for your comments!

Edited by -GZ-

Oh gosh! the tops of your column are great, maybe in light gray or sand color but anyway I will sitll compare yours and real one while walking in the streets of Montreal.

This MOC looks quite realistic as you suggested and the columns help achieve this. :sweet: It's interesting to see that you used yellow and it worked out well actually.