MOC: Small Train Station

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 zidane

zidane

Member: 4215

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hello, this is my frist MOC here on Eurobrics, I hope you will like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Would appreciate some comments.

Thx
Proud member of LUG Skockani

#2 Duq

Duq

Member: 7300

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

That's a pretty good introduction. Welcome!
My only comment would be about the slopes that are really close to the track. I don't think any of my trains would make it past that station...
If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

Posted Image

Posted Image Brick.ie - The Irish Association for Adult Fans of Lego

#3 zidane

zidane

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostDuq, on 22 August 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

That's a pretty good introduction. Welcome!
My only comment would be about the slopes that are really close to the track. I don't think any of my trains would make it past that station...

Thx you are right, I did`t test it with a real train. I was aiming at good form, not function. I`ll try to fix this ;)

#4 Anticyclone

Anticyclone

Member: 29814

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Daw it's cute!  :laugh: Nice work.

#5 peterab

peterab

• Whacking witch hunter

Member: 6893

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hi zidane,

This is indeed a nice intro. I particularly like that your station is accessible for the visually impaired, I might use that idea myself in the future. Not only does the yellow stripe look like safety markings, it allows you to fix minifigs to an otherwise fully tiled platform. They're even a bit naughty and stand on the line instead of behind it, like real people  :tongue:

Edited by peterab, 23 August 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#6 kieran

kieran

Member: 28056

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Looks good from where I am sitting, would love to be able to create things like this, coming from a Technic background, I seem to be all about function and form follows later, this looks so good

#7 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

This little station is totally cool!
I like the grass between the rails ...great atmosphere! :blush:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 JopieK

JopieK

• Kneecap Buster

Member: 1180

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Very interesting! Nice station but also a nice environment including the lorry!!!

It reminds me of our own american civil war station for 'the general'

Offtopic: And it seems to be that I'm a conformist according to the forum intelligence ;) but no wonder after 1100+  posts and no bans ;)

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!

#9 zidane

zidane

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanks all for great comments. This is very inspiring, having people from Eurobricks talk about my MOC ;)

I`ve only read forum, never had the courage to post something. Hope this will change from now on.

#10 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Fantastic MOC, detaild, good colored and good environment  :thumbup:
I like this train station a lot  :wub:

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#11 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

This is very cute, but I have to agree that maybe the station should be a bit further away and not right up against the track. I think some of my trains would also get stuck. Having said that it has very nice details and the platform design is very nice.

#12 DmChylde

DmChylde

Member: 27271

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Nice little station, I like the brick work underneath the platform support arches

#13 crysta21

crysta21

Member: 29615

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

That is very beautiful I especially love the greenery around the track area.

#14 questforcastle

questforcastle

Member: 27246

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

This is an absolutely beautiful MOC. I too like the overgrown grass and bushes. Very nice atmosphere.

I believe the roof wasn't mentioned yet. I got the distinct impression that the roof bends a little intentionally? Perhaps to give the impression of an older, not so well taken care of station house? If so, could you give some hints as to how you did it. I think it adds greatly to the atmosphere of some slowly decaying train stop, as does the out-of-control greenery. Also, what piece are those train tracks? :classic:
Read my LEGOLAND Billund reports and my projects to build the 1984 LEGO King's Castle and 1980 Inter-City train, using spare parts: http://questforbricks.wordpress.com

#15 Man with a hat

Man with a hat

Member: 15917

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

That's a really nice station and I like what you did with the sloped sides of the platform.
You also made some nice details. The bench looks great.

#16 zidane

zidane

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postquestforcastle, on 25 August 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

This is an absolutely beautiful MOC. I too like the overgrown grass and bushes. Very nice atmosphere.

I believe the roof wasn't mentioned yet. I got the distinct impression that the roof bends a little intentionally? Perhaps to give the impression of an older, not so well taken care of station house? If so, could you give some hints as to how you did it. I think it adds greatly to the atmosphere of some slowly decaying train stop, as does the out-of-control greenery. Also, what piece are those train tracks? :classic:

Train tracks are standard straight tracks, I just put some brown tiles over them, to get rustic feeling ;) Roof is nothing special, I just used some cheese slopes, some Curved Slopes 2 x 4 x 2/3 and standard 45 degrees slopes ;) but thanx ;)

What is standard procedure to be put in MOC index?

#17 twenty6twelve

twenty6twelve

Member: 30193

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Really nice work here, Zidane - as previously mentioned several times over clearance is an issue, but as a diorama your creation is really quaint. The masonry pieces beneath the arched base of the platform and the color scheme really give it character.

Really like your design for the handcar, too. Haven't seen those wheels used on a rail vehicle before (in fact, I don't think I've seen those wheels period - there've been a lot of new molds since I was gone from the hobby. Posted Image

As for getting your creation indexed, I'd contact The Brickster. He's the moderator for this forum.

#18 td8981

td8981

Member: 19773

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'm a huge fan of this little station, I absolutely love the way it looks. It's almost exactly what I would picture out maybe on a more rural rail line. I'm assuming you built it as more of a display piece than an actual station to put on a track layout, but even so, I'll echo what everyone else has said about the clearance between the rails and platform (on the chance you ever decide to integrate it into a train display!)

Great work, looking forward to seeing more from you!

#19 Flipz

Flipz

• #residentmunchkin

Member: 22657

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Postsixoh, on 28 August 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

Really like your design for the handcar, too. Haven't seen those wheels used on a rail vehicle before (in fact, I don't think I've seen those wheels period - there've been a lot of new molds since I was gone from the hobby. Posted Image

It's not just you--I've stayed as current as I could both before and after your Dark Ages, and I don't recognize those wheels, either.  I'd like to know what they're from, though--they'd be most useful for a Heroica project I have in mind. :wink:

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]

#20 augen

augen

Member: 14232

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

I really like how you've done the side of the platform, looks great.

#21 questforcastle

questforcastle

Member: 27246

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postzidane, on 27 August 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Train tracks are standard straight tracks, I just put some brown tiles over them, to get rustic feeling ;) Roof is nothing special, I just used some cheese slopes, some Curved Slopes 2 x 4 x 2/3 and standard 45 degrees slopes ;) but thanx ;)

Thank you, I thought as much about the tracks later. As for the roof, if it was completely unintentional I think you managed to create nice little unevenness there by accident. Suits this MOC very well. :)
Read my LEGOLAND Billund reports and my projects to build the 1984 LEGO King's Castle and 1980 Inter-City train, using spare parts: http://questforbricks.wordpress.com

#22 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Great little train station 'zidane'.....do you have a train to go with it ? :wink:
Brick On ! :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users