Valholl Tower

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Here is my first build for the "Walls of Valholl" minichallenge for Mitgardia. The second floor walkway is the exact same height as that on the normal wall section and the tower is modular. Ecclesiastes' tower inspired me to use the wall panels  Posted Image

The Jarl, Elon, Glorfindel, and Steen are discussing the recent Elemental attacks.
Posted Image
Any comments or criticism welcome  :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 kabel

kabel

• lower case

Member: 6745

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

oh, wow, this a really great tower, and althought the design differs from the standard wall design, it'd still say that would fit the rest of the wall perfectly well. As for the rest of the tower, it looks really sturdy and indeed very Mitgardian. I like it a lot. And also many thanks for putting Steen in there, as Royal Architect he is very pleased with how the wall is getting better and better.
I just wonder how you will attach more section to this, with that base :wink:

PS: make sure you also post a pic in the community build main thread, so we can keep track of all the entries!
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet

Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postkabel, on 20 August 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

oh, wow, this a really great tower, and althought the design differs from the standard wall design, it'd still say that would fit the rest of the wall perfectly well. As for the rest of the tower, it looks really sturdy and indeed very Mitgardian. I like it a lot. And also many thanks for putting Steen in there, as Royal Architect he is very pleased with how the wall is getting better and better.
I just wonder how you will attach more section to this, with that base :wink:

PS: make sure you also post a pic in the community build main thread, so we can keep track of all the entries!

Oops thanks for the reminder  :blush: The side borders are only hooked on by 2 1x2 tiles each, the tower is built on 8x16 white bricks and without the border it didn't look very nice. I'll pop them off to hook the other wall sections up, the walls are done but I need to do the city scene.
Glad you like the tower and it was an honor to visit with Steen  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

• Needs eggs on his face

Member: 28013

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Great MOC. With all the quality MOC's being made, Valholl will be unconquerable.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Francis Barkley, Level 5 Ranger in Heroica RPG

#5 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

That's massive and awesome. :thumbup: :oh:  Good work.

Each builder should take a picture straight on, then someone could combine all the pictures together in a photo editor to make it look like an actual wall. :classic:

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostCaptain Settle, on 20 August 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Great MOC. With all the quality MOC's being made, Valholl will be unconquerable.
Thanks, that's the idea  :thumbup:

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 20 August 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

That's massive and awesome. :thumbup: :oh:  Good work.

Each builder should take a picture straight on, then someone could combine all the pictures together in a photo editor to make it look like an actual wall. :classic:

Thank you, that's a pretty good idea but it would be one loooooooong wall  :laugh:

#7 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have got to say you've become one awesome builder soccerkid6.  I really think you've improved so fast and you do very well with taking suggestions and incorporating them into you MOCs!!

I like this build, it fits your style very much.

My only suggestion for improvent would be that the upper section does look a little TOO textured.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#8 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostZCerberus, on 20 August 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

I have got to say you've become one awesome builder soccerkid6.  I really think you've improved so fast and you do very well with taking suggestions and incorporating them into you MOCs!!

I like this build, it fits your style very much.

My only suggestion for improvent would be that the upper section does look a little TOO textured.

Thanks  :blush: I think you are right about the texturing and I'll fix it for when I take pictures of all the segments together  :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6, 20 August 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#9 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Nice tower! It would be awesome to actually see how an entire wall with these towers would look. Do you have plans to extend this?

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 22 August 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Nice tower! It would be awesome to actually see how an entire wall with these towers would look. Do you have plans to extend this?

Thanks! My plan is too add one basic wall section to each side, I don't have enough bley to do more than that :hmpf_bad: Though compared to what I used to be able to build in bley: Posted Image

that's pretty good  :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6, 25 August 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#11 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Great tower again, the ornamentaion is maybe a bit overwelming but that's your style so that doesn't bother me! Also nice to see some panel usage :wink:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#12 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 26 August 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Great tower again, the ornamentaion is maybe a bit overwelming but that's your style so that doesn't bother me! Also nice to see some panel usage :wink:

Thank you, I was surprised at how easy it was to incorporate the panels  :classic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users