Heroica RPG - Quest #45: The Doctor Is In

167 replies to this topic

#51 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Siercon anxious not to loose sight of Lycan looks at Zark. "We need to follow him." he said. "Don't lose sight of him. You there!! Whats happening inside. Answer quickly." Siercon positions himself ready to bolt inside the cave leaving room for two or three brief sentences from our cowering Lycan visitor. Questions new lycan.

After this brief pause he follows Lycan into the cave. "Lycan Dean!!!" he shouted out, so all of Eurbic Highway could hear. "If there is any Dean left you must listen to me! I have an idea! Just restrain your anger for a moment. Turn and speak with me." He could see a flinch in the werewolf, as it obviously heard him... the question is did he understand? But he must understand, no matter how much of an animal he had become Sylvanias Cowl can reach him. Siercon waits for Lycans reply and follows Lycan into the cave.

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#52 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

• Benji! Did you hear? I'm a Bwobwic Human

Member: 19700

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

WHAT? You expect me to stand here. And let my kinsmen die? Who would do such a thing?
Romulus Dean in Heroica RPG.

#53 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

"A devious angel... As of yet we don't know entirely what is going on. You cannot save all your kinsman who are under attack today, be that here or elsewhere in this world. It is more than you can handle alone. If this vampire is responsible, simply killing him wont gain us a reward, or the potion of eternal life. Wait for our opponent, whoever he may be to reveal their hand... Trust me if you can control your appearance, and if he is responsible would you rather strait up kill him or watch his face when he realizes, in his dying breath that he gave his legacy of life to a Lycan and his friends? Lycan Dean. This requires great poise... can you do it?"

Posted Image
Siercon said in a whisper... with the subtlest flicker in his eyes, if they could be seen in shadow of his cowl. Still Siercon knew that there would be nothing enticing enough to get Lycan to wait long enough to understand what was going on, than the promise of a greater revenge.

Edited by Siercon and Coral, 27 August 2012 - 02:29 PM.

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#54 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

"We don't know what is going on. You cannot save all your kinsman who are under attack today, be that here or elsewhere in this world. It is more than you can handle alone. If this vampire is responsible, simply killing him wont gain us a reward, or the potion of eternal life. Wait for our opponent, whoever he may be to reveal their hand... Trust me if you can control your appearance, and if he is responsible would you rather strait up kill him or watch his face when he realizes, in his dying breath that he gave the potion of life to a Lycan and his friends?"
I would like to damn well try. Heroica isnt below corruption. What's to say the potion won't fall into evil?I vote straight up kill him.

BROTHER! Who is this who is bothering us? Is it a vampire or someone by the name of iskander?

#55 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

"I see" Siercon said, thinking to himself 'I must try a different approach with Lycan.' he then continued. "This doctor was obviously lured here, by someone with the final piece to the potion of eternal life. It is doubtful that Iskander is a Lycan, more likely he is a corrupt human or vampire lord... That is pitting Lycans and the doctor or more vampires against each other. Regardless killing the doctor is probably exactly what he wants. This Lycan here was hired for some job that was poorly explained and obviously a trap. The doctor was possibly given the same treatment... This is a set up. Let us not do the devils clean up work. Lets find the true puppet master."

#56 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

"I see" Siercon said, thinking to himself 'I must try a different approach with Lycan.' he then continued. "This doctor was obviously lured here, by someone with the final piece to the potion of eternal life. It is doubtful that Iskander is a Lycan, more likely he is a corrupt human or vampire lord... That is pitting Lycans and the doctor or more vampires against each other. Regardless killing the doctor is probably exactly what he wants. This Lycan here was hired for some job that was poorly explained and obviously a trap. The doctor was possibly given the same treatment... This is a set up. Let us not do the devils clean up work. Lets find the true puppet master."
Lycan is not the name of a Lycanthrope. It is the nickname the gang from the docks of Eubric.  Call them werewolves. Well, we won't find anything by standing here bickering. Whether you two go or not, he is a brother, and you must never turn on family.

#57 Khorne

Khorne

• I will not torment the emotionally frail - Nevermind

Member: 284

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

BROTHER! Who is this who is bothering us? Is it a vampire or someone by the name of iskander?
Posted Image

"What? No! What are you talking about? It's those Viking mercs who've turned on us! Don't you remember, brother? We were all hired to set a trap and capture some sort of famous alchemist and kill him if we had the chance. Turns out said alchemist is a freaking Vampire and he didn't come alone. The boss turned this one orc into stone and we took the girl inside along with the doctor. Then the Vikings heard about the whole Vampire deal and all hell broke lose. They didn't want to ..."

Suddenly, the Werewolf stopped talking, realizing that neither Lycan nor any of the other heroes were part of the mercenaries hired. He took a few steps backward and look around suspiciously.

"Wait a minute... if you don't know what happened, then where were you the whole time? Who are those guys with you, brother? They don't look like Vikings or Werewolves to me. Who are you people? This doesn't look good ..."

flickr | brickshelf | Holmgang Wiki

Playing as Eric in Heroica RPG
Posted Image

#58 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostKhorne, on 27 August 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

"What? No! What are you talking about? It's those Viking mercs who've turned on us! Don't you remember, brother? We were all hired to set a trap and capture some sort of famous alchemist and kill him if we had the chance. Turns out said alchemist is a freaking Vampire and he didn't come alone. The boss turned this one orc into stone and we took the girl inside along with the doctor. Then the Vikings heard about the whole Vampire deal and all hell broke lose. They didn't want to ..."

Suddenly, the Werewolf stopped talking, realizing that neither Lycan nor any of the other heroes were part of the mercenaries hired. He took a few steps backward and look around suspiciously.

"Wait a minute... if you don't know what happened, then where were you the whole time? Who are those guys with you, brother? They don't look like Vikings or Werewolves to me. Who are you people? This doesn't look good ..."

We are from Heroica, but I will side with you even if those two don't. There not Vikings, don't worry about that. Shall We head inside?

I am a werewolf I assure you that. Who are you working for? I may be able to negotiate a deal with you.

Whatever answer, Lycan charges inside without waiting for the others.

Edited by TheBoyWonder, 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#59 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

"Agreed, let's find out what's going on in this cave." Siercon repeats to the werewolf, "Who hired you?"
As he proceeds into the cave. Siercon stayed alert with a hand on his wand just in case said werewolf decides Zark is a viking and attacks. Consider it overly cautious...

Edited by Siercon and Coral, 27 August 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#60 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

"Agreed, let's find out what's going on in this cave." Siercon repeats to the werewolf, "Who hired you?"
As he proceeds into the cave. Siercon stayed alert with a hand on his wand just in case said werewolf decides Zark is a viking and attacks. Consider it overly cautious...
Take your hand of your wand. Werewolves have better vision, and they may think you are a threat.

#61 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Take your hand of your wand. Werewolves have better vision, and they may think you are a threat.

"haha, very well. Please simply note I would have only placed him under a lullaby had he made a move on our friend... take no offense." Siercon fortunately caught himself from saying 'put him to sleep' and avoided the danger of sounding like he was going to kill him in an aloof racist way.

#62 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

"haha, very well. Please simply note I would have only placed him under a lullaby had he made a move on our friend... take no offense." Siercon fortunately caught himself from saying 'put him to sleep' and avoided the danger of sounding like he was going to kill him in an aloof racist way.
Vikings Minotaurs and Vampires. My three most hated things, all in one quest. :hmpf_bad:

#63 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Vikings Minotaurs and Vampires. My three most hated things, all in one quest. :hmpf_bad:

"Ha haha" Siercon gives a chuckle. "Well let's see if we can find a couple bad ones for you to dice into little bits. And hopefully unless our doctor has been partaking in this bloodshed, we can drag him home."

#64 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

"Ha haha" Siercon gives a chuckle. "Well let's see if we can find a couple bad ones for you to dice into little bits. And hopefully unless our doctor has been partaking in this bloodshed, we can drag him home."
I may let the Vampire live, but only until we get our reward. Vikings I want to kill the bloody lot to make up for the Minotaur incident,

#65 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

I may let the Vampire live, but only until we get our reward. Vikings I want to kill the bloody lot to make up for the Minotaur incident,
"Now we're talking." Siercon sighed. "In case you haven't noticed... I'm an optimist. And by that I mean get the optimal amount out of the whatever we're doing. If we can get paid by everyone, then lets do it. As for the minotaurs that was nothing, you were just going easy on'm, but now is when we really need your strength!!"

#66 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

"Now we're talking." Siercon sighed. "In case you haven't noticed... I'm an optimist. And by that I mean get the optimal amount out of the whatever we're doing. If we can get paid by everyone, then lets do it. As for the minotaurs that was nothing, you were just going easy on'm, but now is when we really need your strength!!"
I would borrow zarks mead, but he needs it. This one we need to focus on.

#67 Khorne

Khorne

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

We are from Heroica, but I will side with you even if those two don't. There not Vikings, don't worry about that. Shall We head inside?

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

"Blargh, heroes!" the Werewolf Runt spat. "I guess you're here to save the doctor and his little assistent, aren't you? Over my dead body!" He then turned to Lycan: "I'm sorry, but I refuse to be the weakest link! I'll rather die making a stand than be hunted down by Oroborus and put down like a dog for my disobedience."

The man howled and leapt into combat.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE !

The Enemy:

Posted Image "I thirst for your blood!"
Werewolf Runt
Type: Humanoid; Beast
Level: 4
Health: 120/120
Defense: 0
Special: Turn Feral - The Werewolf releases his inner beast, raising his Health and Level.
Drops: Remedy

The Party:

Posted ImageSiercon (Siercon and Coral) *** Party Leader ***
Level 4 Mage
Power: 12
Defense: 1
Health: 7/7
Ether: 6/6
Gold: 0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)
Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk) Robe of the Magi (SP:1)
Inventory: Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1)

Posted ImageZark (Pharos721)
Level 2 Barbarian
Power: 5
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Equipment: Iron Great Axe (WP3)
Inventory: Potion, Bottle of Mead, Tetsubo (WP:5)

Posted ImageLycan Dean (TheBoyWonder)
Level 6 Rogue *Immune to weakened*
Power: 18
Health: 12/12
Gold: 0 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)
Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)
Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer WP:4)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Posted Image

#68 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Lycan looks depressed at how the battle has turned.
How am meant to fight you? You would turn on a kinsmen rather than step aside. We must stick together. We get hunted down by mobs, 1 more doesn't make a difference.

#69 Khorne

Khorne

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Lycan looks depressed at how the battle has turned.
How am meant to fight you? You would turn on a kinsmen rather than step aside. We must stick together. We get hunted down by mobs, 1 more doesn't make a difference.
Posted Image

"You're with Heroica, a hero! I would be mocked for eternity for not killing heroes! That is, if I lived long enough to tell the tale, of course. Step aside if you don't wish to fight me, I could make an exception for you, but I will never let your companions go!"

Posted Image

#70 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostKhorne, on 27 August 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

"You're with Heroica, a hero! I would be mocked for eternity for not killing heroes! That is, if I lived long enough to tell the tale, of course. Step aside if you don't wish to fight me, I could make an exception for you, but I will never let your companions go!"

Lycan yet again thinks back. He pictures the first time he turned. The injustice towards his fellow gang members, and his fellow werewolf. He remembers how they got executed. He remembered the promise he made to never slay a member of his species who displayed I step aside for the batte.

#71 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Battle order:

Pharos721
Lycan
Siercon

"Megablocks..." Siercon said with a sigh. "Thank you for not joining his side against us, we would rather have left him in peace, and were going to... But it seems he will stab us in the back." Siercon voice was heavy and conveyed sadness.

"Zark, equip your Tetzubo, and maybe drink your mead... this ones gonna be tough without Lycan."

Turning to Lycan, he said: "You don't have to watch, and I promise I will give him every opportunity to leave, and might even die myself in the process. I understand you cannot kill one of your brothers, but will you watch your companions die? For now, do nothing, maybe even shield your eyes, but please don't walk away.  Perhaps you can restrain him, or defend us long enough for him to see reason? Your heart may change as the battle unfolds, but if you fear you may turn on us, we understand, and pray we will join you shortly in the cave to exact vengeance on the real evil. But, if we fail here, no vengeance will be had, and the true evil will go free, deep within that cave."

Lastly, facing the werewolf, Siercon pleaded with him "We don't even know your name, you don't have to do this. There are greater evils to fight, rather than reinforcing your pride against Heroica heroes. Deep within that cave, are greater enemies."

Siercon  attacks Werewolf from the back row with a light spell through his Lullaby Wand.

OoC: I actually typed in the Lego knockoff brand... I wasn't filtered ;)

Edited by Siercon and Coral, 27 August 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#72 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Can't just let them die. Werewolves are vicious, and my kinsmen, but he dared attack us, so fight I must!
Lycan attacks the werewolf from the front row.

#73 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 27 August 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Can't just let them die. Werewolves are vicious, and my kinsmen, but he dared attack us, so fight I must!
Lycan attacks the werewolf from the front row.

"Lycan, it is good to have you with us, and I don't say that lightly."

"Zark, we may save that mead for yet another battle. Whatever nightmares this werewolf was running from... that is our path!"

#74 Pharos712

Pharos712

Member: 29466

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostSiercon and Coral, on 27 August 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

"Lycan, it is good to have you with us, and I don't say that lightly."

"Zark, we may save that mead for yet another battle. Whatever nightmares this werewolf was running from... that is our path!"

"Indeed Siercon" Zark replies with a smile and thus charges directly into battle eager to test his new weapon's abilities. Zark attacks from the front row.
Posted ImageZark, the adventurous Barbarian
Level: 1 / Power: 4 / Health: 8/8 / Gold: 10

#75 Khorne

Khorne

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Results of Round One of the Battle at Cave Entrance:
Zark vs. Werewolf Runt - Battle Frenzy (WP:5 + level 2 = 7 Damage done)
Lycan vs. Werewolf Runt - Hit (WP:9 + level 6 + 2 extra Power = 17 Damage done)
>Siercon vs. Werewolf Runt - Magic Burst (WP:8 + level 4) = 12 Damage done)

The fight versus the lone Werewolf starts off reluctanly, but quickly gains momentum. Zark sets the example and unleashes his Battle Frenzy upon the vile criminal. Lycan follows up and charges forward hitting the Werewolf, dealing 17 damage. Siercon doesn't wish to let his team down and experiences a Magic Burst, ending the First Round of combat. The enemy still stands, bleeding. No doubt, his rage is buidling up inside of him.

The battle rages on!

The Enemy:

Posted Image "Come at me, heroes. Imma eat you up!"
Werewolf Runt
Type: Humanoid; Beast
Level: 4
Health: 84/120
Defense: 0
Special: Turn Feral - The Werewolf releases his inner beast, raising his Health and Level.
Drops: Remedy

The Party:

Posted ImageSiercon (Siercon and Coral) *** Party Leader ***
Level 4 Mage
Power: 12
Defense: 1
Health: 7/7
Ether: 6/6
Gold: 0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)
Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk) Robe of the Magi (SP:1)
Inventory: Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1)

Posted ImageZark (Pharos721)
Level 2 Barbarian
Power: 5
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Equipment: Tetsubo (WP:5)
Inventory: Potion, Bottle of Mead, Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Posted ImageLycan Dean (TheBoyWonder)
Level 6 Rogue *Immune to weakened*
Power: 17
Health: 12/12
Gold: 0 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)
Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)
Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users