Jump to content


MOC: HMS Phoenix


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic  – Started by Sir E Fullner , Aug 18 2012 03:23 AM

#1 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner
  • The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!


    Posts: 558
    Joined: 04-September 09
    Member: 7307
    Country: United States

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

139C
Hello again. Recently, a friend of mine who was going off to college gave me custody of his old LEGO sets. This gave me a great chance to have some fun building new structures and such. However, my most proud creation is my fleet's new flagship:

HMS Phoenix

Posted Image

I got the design out of my head, and decided to make it a brig, just because my fleet is made of small, fast ships to intercept enemy ships. Also to train sailors for His Majesty's Navy.

The Headpiece:
Posted Image
(It's not a parrot! It's a phoenix!)

The crew at work:
Posted Image

The officers:
Posted Image
(The Lieutenant and Commodore Marius Gloriosus)

The Sailors:
Posted Image
(The one at the right end is the ship's cook.)

The Marines and the cannon:
Posted Image

Thank you for looking in. As always, comments and questions are appreciated.

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always:

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image


#2 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1430
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

That hull, it floats ?
I would really love to see it floating in some water  :pir-sweet:

#3 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner
  • The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!


    Posts: 558
    Joined: 04-September 09
    Member: 7307
    Country: United States

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostSebeus I, on 18 August 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

That hull, it floats ?
I would really love to see it floating in some water  :pir-sweet:

I'm pretty sure that the hull floats, however, I don't want to show it. It may leave a gunpowder ring in the tub.  :pir_laugh2:

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image


#4 Hiawatha

Hiawatha

    Posts: 555
    Joined: 17-September 11
    Member: 20480
    Country: United States

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Very nice vessel. I really like the custom cannon. :thumbup:

Posted Image Posted Image

My Brickshelf


View Postefullner, on 06 October 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

I can figure what Dey will say when he meets with Hiawatha.

Hiya, Watha!

#5 The Explorer

The Explorer

    Posts: 14
    Joined: 20-August 12
    Member: 30381

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yes I will agree

#6 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20118
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

View Postefullner, on 18 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hello again. Recently, a friend of mine who was going off to college gave me custody of his old LEGO sets.
Well aren't you a lucky sod!  Exactly how much LEGO did you acquire?

View Postefullner, on 18 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I got the design out of my head, and decided to make it a brig, just because my fleet is made of small, fast ships to intercept enemy ships. Also to train sailors for His Majesty's Navy.
Sometimes it seems there's too much emphasis on producing the largest most heavily armed ship possible, it's good to a smaller vessel from time to time.

View Postefullner, on 18 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

The Headpiece:
Posted Image
(It's not a parrot! It's a phoenix!)
Of course!  Rendering a brick built phoenix at that size would be a complete bitch - but you still should have tried anyway!  :pir-tongue:


Posted Image


#7 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner
  • The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!


    Posts: 558
    Joined: 04-September 09
    Member: 7307
    Country: United States

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostMister Phes, on 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well aren't you a lucky sod!  Exactly how much LEGO did you acquire?

An heck of a lot, to be exact.

View PostMister Phes, on 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Sometimes it seems there's too much emphasis on producing the largest most heavily armed ship possible, it's good to a smaller vessel from time to time.

Or in my case, every time. :pir_laugh2:

View PostMister Phes, on 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Of course!  Rendering a brick built phoenix at that size would be a complete bitch - but you still should have tried anyway!  :pir-tongue:

And what's the difference between a parrot and phoenix anyhow? Besides the plumage, and the flames, and the talking.

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links