Jump to content


CMF Monster Set & Rock Band Set


  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 fred67

fred67

  • A builder, not a hoarder


    Posts: 2840
    Joined: 03-December 09
    Member: 8444
    Country: USA (GA)

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostMSzekeresh, on 18 August 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Does anyone know if this is the cheapest way to get the ghost mini figure in the USA? I know that there was a small polybag of him that came with a clock but I believe that it may had sonly been available in Europe. I have a lot of fond memories of the ghost figure from my time as a young Lego Maniac.
You can order the Ghost Polybag from Bricklink for $10, but then that's ALL you get.  These packs will be much more worth it.

#102 smellsgood

smellsgood

    Posts: 57
    Joined: 17-January 10
    Member: 9139

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostCaptainBermuda, on 18 August 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

What is a zombie doing with a walkie talkie?

View PostHaltiamieli, on 18 August 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Nothing probably, but then again zombies don't do much with anything except braaaaaaaiins. Apparently the guy had a walkie talkie before he was turned into a zombie. Like a 80's style yuppie businessman. Arguably a walkie talkie and a suitcase make a lot more sense than a shovel and a chicken leg. :tongue:

If he's an 80s style businessman, it's probably a huge cordless phone, or maybe even a car phone. :wink:

#103 legomonk

legomonk

    Posts: 317
    Joined: 30-August 11
    Member: 20122
    Country: usa

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

has anyone seen these for the actual retail price?
Posted Image

the answer to your question is yes I have a Lego tattoo. Minifig count is at 768!

#104 steelwoolghandi

steelwoolghandi

    Posts: 67
    Joined: 14-April 10
    Member: 10256
    Country: USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postlegomonk, on 18 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

has anyone seen these for the actual retail price?

Actual Retail price is $14.99 could post a picture of the price tag but its just a price tag that says $14.99  :classic:

#105 legomonk

legomonk

    Posts: 317
    Joined: 30-August 11
    Member: 20122
    Country: usa

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Poststeelwoolghandi, on 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Actual Retail price is $14.99 could post a picture of the price tag but its just a price tag that says $14.99  :classic:

Are they only at Lego retail outlets i.e. Lego stores? I dont mind 14.99 price just want to know where I can get one with out placing one of my kidneys up for sale too. lol!
Posted Image

the answer to your question is yes I have a Lego tattoo. Minifig count is at 768!

#106 steelwoolghandi

steelwoolghandi

    Posts: 67
    Joined: 14-April 10
    Member: 10256
    Country: USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postlegomonk, on 18 August 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Are they only at Lego retail outlets i.e. Lego stores? I dont mind 14.99 price just want to know where I can get one with out placing one of my kidneys up for sale too. lol!

The one I got was from the Legoland CA but they will be available at the Lego Stores real soon you will probably start seeing them around September 1st at the Lego Stores.

#107 Blondie-Wan

Blondie-Wan

  • Honest as Abe


    Posts: 3413
    Joined: 17-April 09
    Member: 5831
    Country: USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostHaltiamieli, on 18 August 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Nothing probably, but then again zombies don't do much with anything except braaaaaaaiins. Apparently the guy had a walkie talkie before he was turned into a zombie. Like a 80's style yuppie businessman. Arguably a walkie talkie and a suitcase make a lot more sense than a shovel and a chicken leg. :tongue:

There's probably also a "walkie" / "walking" joke in there somewhere, though I can't quite seem to pin it down.   :tongue:  :blush:
Each 60-count box of 71012 Disney Minifigures Series 1 contains:

- 4 copies apiece of Mickey Mouse, the Genie, Stitch, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, and the Pizza Planet Alien
- 3 copies apiece of everyone else

#108 Jargo

Jargo

    Posts: 1211
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10639
    Country: Brickish isles

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Must - have- that - rock - band - set!!!!!   :drool: Totally didn't like the colours of the rock chick but she looks great in black. Also love the green mohican. Couldn't care less about the monsters but the rock band is so worth getting.

#109 AmperZand

AmperZand

    Posts: 1108
    Joined: 11-January 08
    Member: 2470

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'll pass on the rock band but will get the black and green hair pieces from that set on BrickLink if they're not too expensive.

The monster pack is cool and I'll probably get it even though I already have the CMF witch and zombie, and the polybagged ghost. That will make quite a few witches as I have all previous witches back to and including Willa. A nice little coven! The zombie reprint will come in handy for my undead horde, as will the ghost.

I really hope TLG release a fantasy pack with a recoloured elf, evil dwarf and evil knight.
My Brickshelf Gallery
From Family Guy... Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."

#110 WonsWorld

WonsWorld

    Posts: 1
    Joined: 20-August 12
    Member: 30349

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

love the rock band set.. when you say they will be available at Lego stores, do you mean any toy retailer that sells Lego? or specialist Lego only shops?

cheers
Ron

#111 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

  • O type hirrobly


    Posts: 1514
    Joined: 20-March 12
    Member: 27420
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostWonsWorld, on 20 August 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

love the rock band set.. when you say they will be available at Lego stores, do you mean any toy retailer that sells Lego? or specialist Lego only shops?

cheers
Ron

Welcome to Eurobricks WonsWorld!
They are exclusive to Lego-only retail stores.
Currently playing as Trevor Knowles Toki, frightened villager in TinyPiesRUs' Ragnarok 3

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley - Trevor Knowles - Linda Cook -Toki

#112 pawcanada

pawcanada

    Posts: 58
    Joined: 01-March 12
    Member: 27046
    Country: England

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Seeing as how everyone in these sets and the original Beach one tie back to the various Mini Figure waves, I'm wondering if the Ghost is from a future wave? It could be more to do with Monster Fighters than CMF but seeing as how the Vampire Bat was included in Wave 8 (no doubt to make use of the moulds), perhaps the same will happen with the Ghost? So long as it's in a different colour/has some interesting accessories I personally wouldn't mind having a "CMF dupe" one.

#113 natelite

natelite

  • fewer calories than regular nate


    Posts: 2260
    Joined: 05-April 06
    Member: 718

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postpawcanada, on 20 August 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Seeing as how everyone in these sets and the original Beach one tie back to the various Mini Figure waves, I'm wondering if the Ghost is from a future wave? It could be more to do with Monster Fighters than CMF but seeing as how the Vampire Bat was included in Wave 8 (no doubt to make use of the moulds), perhaps the same will happen with the Ghost? So long as it's in a different colour/has some interesting accessories I personally wouldn't mind having a "CMF dupe" one.

I think you're reading too much into it. What other colors can the Ghost be in? It has to be in GiTD, unless TLC manage to come up with alternative GiTD colors. Having said that, I do think it's beneficial to come up with newer GiTD colors. I am sure plenty of SW fans would renew their purchases if TLC release new figures with lightsabers which can glow green, blue, red, and purple.

I think christo the customizer from south africa used to sell GiTD lightsabers before. So I'm quite sure TLC could do it if they put their hearts into it.

#114 Amset-Rah

Amset-Rah

    Posts: 631
    Joined: 21-September 11
    Member: 20560
    Country: United States

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Postnatelite, on 20 August 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I think you're reading too much into it. What other colors can the Ghost be in? It has to be in GiTD, unless TLC manage to come up with alternative GiTD colors. Having said that, I do think it's beneficial to come up with newer GiTD colors. I am sure plenty of SW fans would renew their purchases if TLC release new figures with lightsabers which can glow green, blue, red, and purple.

I think christo the customizer from south africa used to sell GiTD lightsabers before. So I'm quite sure TLC could do it if they put their hearts into it.
Seems like it could be possible, since didn't the flame in the Ghost Train set have some glow in the dark material molded inside, despite the piece itself being dark trans green?
Posted Image

#115 GRogall

GRogall

  • Firmly in place and absolutely straight

    Posts: 1286
    Joined: 05-February 08
    Member: 2674
    Country: Germany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Here the HR images for the set!

Both pics link to HR version 2400+ .pxl

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!  :classic: :classic: :classic:

Posted Image


#116 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

    Posts: 2197
    Joined: 16-February 09
    Member: 5310
    Country: Poland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Normal emo black hair? NOOOOOOOOO I hoped for Rock girl hair in black...
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#117 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

  • O type hirrobly


    Posts: 1514
    Joined: 20-March 12
    Member: 27420
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Wow, that last picture is  hilariously depressing (skater hair on the rocker girl, and the rocker boy's hair looks like it was originally magenta and was painted poorly.  :laugh:

Edited by TrumpetKing67, 23 August 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Currently playing as Trevor Knowles Toki, frightened villager in TinyPiesRUs' Ragnarok 3

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley - Trevor Knowles - Linda Cook -Toki

#118 fred67

fred67

  • A builder, not a hoarder


    Posts: 2840
    Joined: 03-December 09
    Member: 8444
    Country: USA (GA)

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Oh, come on... I still like it.  I'm not going to complain about the hair.  The punk rock girl hair is available on bricklink and probably the packets still reside in many an old CMF bin.

There's a new drum set on Cuusoo that's far better than this one (IMO), but without even really being able to see this one, I didn't want to use a radar dish for my bass drum, because the curvature looks awkward.

I'll still get this... probably a couple.

#119 Krulis

Krulis

    Posts: 568
    Joined: 18-July 12
    Member: 29761
    Country: Poland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Poststeelwoolghandi, on 17 August 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Here are a few better pictures so you can see the figures a little better for the rock band set. I just got this in today so the pictures are fresh!
Posted Image
Lego Rock Band Set by steelwoolghandi, on Flickr

Thanks
SWG
I think that we can safely asume that emo hair thing is preliminary. :wink:

#120 GRogall

GRogall

  • Firmly in place and absolutely straight

    Posts: 1286
    Joined: 05-February 08
    Member: 2674
    Country: Germany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Dang, and here the MF one!

Linked to HR!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Posted Image


#121 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

    Posts: 2197
    Joined: 16-February 09
    Member: 5310
    Country: Poland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostKrulis, on 23 August 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

I think that we can safely asume that emo hair thing is preliminary. :wink:
I'm so happy.  :cry_happy:

But seriously, this is false advertising and this is VERY unprofesional! It's the Green wizard thing once again!

Edited by Lordofdragonss, 23 August 2012 - 10:53 PM.

High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#122 RaincloudDustbin

RaincloudDustbin

    Posts: 1077
    Joined: 31-January 12
    Member: 25368
    Country: UK

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Must-get-that-ZOMBIE!!!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/91926269@N06/

Please click on my YouTube channel for great videos based on LEGO and comics. Subscribers greatly appreciated: http://www.youtube.c...ser/ComicBricks

Posted Image  Posted Image

#123 jonwil

jonwil

    Posts: 3703
    Joined: 12-January 07
    Member: 1239

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I only wish the Spider and Rat in the MF set were in the new GITD color like they are in the Mad Scientist set.

#124 escortmad79

escortmad79

    Posts: 1387
    Joined: 20-December 09
    Member: 8644
    Country: Scotland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 23 August 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm so happy.  :cry_happy:

But seriously, this is false advertising and this is VERY unprofesional! It's the Green wizard thing once again!
& the gold bars from the POTC sets

A Lego dog ate my sig!

Posted Image


#125 Krulis

Krulis

    Posts: 568
    Joined: 18-July 12
    Member: 29761
    Country: Poland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

View Postescortmad79, on 24 August 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

& the gold bars from the POTC sets
But after contacting with costumer service you could get chrome ones (at least I did).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users