Member: 718

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

yup, we asked for thundercats and we got chima instead.  :laugh:

#402 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Well, we were definitely right about Chima being some sort of messed up Fabuland.
A new year, a new Mask of (Ultimate) Power, a new Matoran marching band.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#403 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• Likes pinching Klingons

Member: 5222

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

HaHa! The plot thickens! Excellent! I told you the story would make things more interesting. I'm glad there's a cool back-story behind the somewhat bizarre theme. I'm interested in seeing how the sets fit in, and the style of the minifigures. I'm pleased it's more than Humans vs. Monsters.  :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

OCTAN IS HIRING! SIGN UP NOW! Join us in Eurobrick's newest Sci-fi RBG, Andromeda's Gates! Let's build worlds together!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sylph Solanum LvL 25 Druid in Heroica

Danr the Dragon Slayer! In TPRU's Ragnarok Now 3, Mafia game!

/|\_M_/|\
|

#404 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Member: 19588

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Wow, that is rather intriguing, and I never feel that way about LEGO stories anymore. *huh* I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt, I expect it'll turn out to be just as zany as Ninjago. Well, maybe not that much, but still lighthearted.

“People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.” ― Søren Kierkegaard

Posted Image

#405 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sounds like an animal version of Flash Gordon, where Ming kept the different groups of people....the sky, trees and ground hating each other until Flash unites them....same old story all over again told a slightly different way. :wink:
The way I read it, less friendly or comic than Ninjago....Lego's answer to Thundercats for sure....can't wait for the TV series on Cartoon Network then. :wink:

#406 Kalhiki

Kalhiki

Member: 20441

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

That actually sounds pretty interesting. I wasn't really interested at first, but now...
I'll wait and see. Still need to see pictures of the sets before I make a decision.
Even if I don't like the sets, I still will probably watch the series. I guess we don't know who's animating it?

Kalhiki

Where is my enemy?
This is your enemy. That is your enemy. This one is without doubt your enemy. The enemy of the people is your enemy as well. Ah, but do you not yet see, that this is the easy answer? The words from those who look without seeing. Perhaps that is the real enemy. Lazy… Lazy… Lazy… You’ll never meet your enemy. You’ll never really live. Enemies no longer charge out in helmet and armor, as in days of old. Nowadays they use slide rules, advanced mathematics, and data to make their calculations… And yet, somehow, this sort of enemy does not stir my heart. You fear that upon seizing them, you’ll find you’ve grabbed a decoy, or perhaps even an ally. No, the enemy I seek is not to be sought. Lest we find ourselves surrounded… No, the enemy I’m waiting for… The enemy is not to be awaited, lest it violate us. No, but one day we will come upon each other. And for that day, all of my faculties will be ready to meet him. My claws and teeth. My ears and hands. My being will be ready for battle. When I can call him enemy at last! When I can call him my enemy at last. I believe that chance will come…

#407 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well, there you go. Pretty much what I predicted and not much more. :sadnew: So does this confirm the existence of a TV show? If so, TLG will have to come up with some pretty good ideas in order to not make this seem like a Thundercats rip-off.

View Posthhgensdtekingwr4, on 25 September 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

how do you explain a theme in which large humanoid animals who do battle with mechanical vehicles.  :wink:
Apparently like this.

View Postlisqr, on 26 September 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Sounds like Fabuland went BAD  :devil:
Indeed. I can very well imagine this "pure paradise" that Chima is supposed to have been to be very much like Fabuland.

View PostSuperficial Username, on 26 September 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Wow, that is rather intriguing, and I never feel that way about LEGO stories anymore. *huh* I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt, I expect it'll turn out to be just as zany as Ninjago. Well, maybe not that much, but still lighthearted.
I don't see what's so intriguing about it, but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted and cheesy as Ninjago.

#408 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostOky, on 26 September 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

" but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted ans cheesy as Ninjago. "
I feel it could be more like the Bionicle series of films....yeah, a minifig scale Bionicle ! :wink:
Again same old same old, good vs. evil.....just proves nothing ever really changes in the world of children's entertainment ! :laugh:

#409 Robominer

Robominer

Member: 29797

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostGubi0222, on 26 September 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

The hungarian 'Monobrand' store posted the history of Chima
(sorry if it has some fails but i'm lazy and it has translated by  google)

We had the chance to see the new LEGO game Legends of Chima is subject, but unfortunately, so far we can not provide pictures, but not just be jealous, Chima unveil legends of history:

"The Chima kingdom in a magical land, which is at a very advanced species dominate. These creatures are like people walk and talk. Vehicle result, machines are used, and amazing castles, fortresses live. But do not mistake love: these animals, claws, teeth, some are equipped with wings and tail. and now at war with each other.

Chima The kingdom that was once pure, natural paradise, heavily armed barbarians species battlefield has changed. Best friends become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles aggravate each other furiously fatal duel in the forest.

The creatures are fiercely fighting a powerful element of the natural resource called Chi rule over the acquisition, which is the life and the unimaginable destruction is also a source.

Only a few brave hero in Chima understand the true nature of the Chi, and that this leads to total destruction of misuse Chima. Their stories, and those who want to destroy them, the following are known: THE LEGENDS OF CHIM ... "

Legends of The LEGO Chima will be introduced next January, initially 14 kit, or separate, 22-minute TV series together. Wait for it?
Interesting...  I think that the "Chi" is the blue crystals included in the "Starter Set" pics we saw earlier, right?
And it seems that after 33 years of peace in Fabuland, war finally breaks out.  :devil_laugh:
This signature has no text in it.
And no, I'm not a fan of this dumb Android game.

#410 Cwetqo

Cwetqo

• Didn't heed the Waarning

Member: 3955

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Largest set is crocodile looking ship. Large city ship hull in sand green (at least it looks like sand green or it could also be new colour) is used, with added "legs" on the outside of the hull crocodile looking bick built "mouth" at the front.

It looks nice, but its still city ship hull.

#411 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

So that confirms a TV series? I hope it will be just as good as Ninjago.
Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#412 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostOky, on 26 September 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

I don't see what's so intriguing about it, but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted and cheesy as Ninjago.
Maybe it's just because I never got into Thundercats. Though seriously, my first impression was that it seemed dark for LEGO, but I'm not so sure it will stay that way. At least not much darker than Hero Factory.

“People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.” ― Søren Kierkegaard

Posted Image

#413 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Sounds interesting.  I'll be interested to see what LEGO will do with the TV series.

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Exalted Praefect of Ulandus

Guy K. Wynd, Pilot, Octan Corporation

Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#414 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostCwetqo, on 26 September 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Largest set is crocodile looking ship. Large city ship hull in sand green (at least it looks like sand green or it could also be new colour) is used, with added "legs" on the outside of the hull crocodile looking bick built "mouth" at the front.

Interesting. I wonder if the mouth opens.

My MOCpages

#415 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostSuperficial Username, on 27 September 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Though seriously, my first impression was that it seemed dark for LEGO, but I'm not so sure it will stay that way. At least not much darker than Hero Factory.
Hero Factory is not dark... At all. If you were to multiply the "darkness" by several hundred, it still wouldn't be as dark as Ninjago. Darkness appeals to kids that like bad guys, but that doesn't mean that the good guys are shining little lights either.

Edited by Penkid11, 27 September 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#416 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostPenkid11, on 27 September 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Hero Factory is not dark... At all. If you were to multiply the "darkness" by several hundred, it still wouldn't be as dark as Ninjago.

Exactly. :wink:

Posted Image

#417 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

I agree that it feels like it is a little violent for LEGO. I mean they use the words "bloodthirsty" and they talk about total war and destruction. Just seems a little extreme for LEGO  :shrug_confused:

Edited by Spider-Man, 28 September 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#418 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Remember that it is the result of google translator. Could be less violate in English.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#419 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostPsyKater, on 28 September 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Remember that it is the result of google translator. Could be less violate in English.

It could very well be a recipe for bean dip, or some sort of strange manifesto. This is someone's vague look at something, that hey didn't quite understand , nd had never seen before. Using only a very small clip. And the having he whole thing run brought google translate.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#420 Thorin Oakenshield 2

Thorin Oakenshield 2

Member: 32395

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

The theme might be better than thought to be, we will just have to wait and see.

View PostFaefrost, on 28 September 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

It could very well be a recipe for bean dip, or some sort of strange manifesto. This is someone's vague look at something, that hey didn't quite understand , nd had never seen before. Using only a very small clip. And the having he whole thing run brought google translate.

LOL

#421 Cardinal Brick

Cardinal Brick

• Academy Teacher

Member: 2547

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this, though I have no idea if it'll make me part with my money! The idea sounds intresting an the minifigs do look rather good, now lets wait and see what the sets look like.
Posted Image    Posted Image

#422 Laura Takayama

Laura Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostCwetqo, on 26 September 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

OK, you've got my attention:  By "large" city ship hull, are you talking the same size as the 2011 City Police Boat, or the gigantic ship that came with the City Harbor set several years back?  If it is the former, I might just get it because I could use a Frigate-sized (that's what I use the police boat sized hulls for) boat hull in sand green.
-Laura/Hikaro Takayama

Gender-Fluid Christian and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#423 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Since it's a 80 dollar set, I think it will probably use the larger one.

My MOCpages

#424 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostHikaro Takayama, on 30 September 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

OK, you've got my attention:  By "large" city ship hull, are you talking the same size as the 2011 City Police Boat, or the gigantic ship that came with the City Harbor set several years back?  If it is the former, I might just get it because I could use a Frigate-sized (that's what I use the police boat sized hulls for) boat hull in sand green.
A boat hull in sand green could be useful (maybe for sailing through scum-covered rivers?)

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Exalted Praefect of Ulandus

Guy K. Wynd, Pilot, Octan Corporation

Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#425 Cwetqo

Cwetqo

• Didn't heed the Waarning

Member: 3955

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think its same as in last years harbour, except for the colour. It looks like sand green, but those pics can be misleading, so it could also be ordinary green.

Sand green would be great for PT gunboat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users