Speedorz and Legends of Chima 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Hagrid

Darth Hagrid

Member: 21003

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

According to Brickset, we'll be getting two new themes next year- "Speedorz", and "Legends of Chima". I can't say Speedorz does much for me, but Chima sounds interesting.

Edited by Fugazi, 14 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.
changed the subtitle

Darth Hagrid
Posted Image
All you need is Friends...

#2 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Rats! Ya beat me to the punch. :tongue: I too was about to post this.

Speedorz sounds alright, I suppose. :shrug_oh_well: I think Legends of Chima will be better though. But who knows? :sweet: I can't wait for more news! :moar:

Posted Image

#3 Darth Hagrid

Darth Hagrid

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 14 August 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Speedorz sounds alright, I suppose. :shrug_oh_well: I think Legends of Chima will be better though.
Well, you can't judge a book by it's cover, but I agree- Chima certainly sounds better.  :tongue:
Darth Hagrid
Posted Image

#4 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

i dont think legends of chima will be in heroica's settings. if it was heroica, why not just use heroica to strength the brand name?

so i postulate that it's different, and not necessarily medieval rpg. i'm guessing here that it might be similar to aang, the last airbender or similar type of fantasy steampunk universe.

not sure what speedorz is going to be. not sure how it can be any different from racers... probably will be equally bad.  :wacko:

#5 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Speedorz just sounds like the next evolution of their long standing Racers theme. Kinda like World Racers. Legend of Chima sounds like it might be that much chattered about Ninjago replacement. Figure some sort of game/collectable/evolving story elements.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#6 King of Nynrah

King of Nynrah

Member: 22218

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Maybe Speedorz is the long-awaited sequel theme to Xalax. :tongue:

#7 Darth Hagrid

Darth Hagrid

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostKing of Nynrah, on 14 August 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Maybe Speedorz is the long-awaited sequel theme to Xalax. :tongue:
Now I can't wait!  :grin:
Darth Hagrid
Posted Image

#8 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Legends of Chima?

A new Orient Expedition? Definitely an action theme in my opinion.

Thanks for the news!
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#9 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China". That being the case, HECK YES!!!!

As for Speedorz... it sounds fairly uninteresting unless the sets prove otherwise. LEGO's had some nice racing themes before, but it's going to be difficult to tell how this one fairs without pictures of the sets (as there isn't really much of a storyline to judge).

#10 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I am hoping it is a translation error too, and it is actually a new historical China theme. :drool:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#11 gedren_y

gedren_y

Member: 14064

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Actually if you read the innitial Brickset post, there is a link to an actual Legend of Chima natives of Trinadad and Tobago, which is off the coast of Venezuela. This could be an age of explorers theme, set in the late 15th/early 16th century, or a 30's archaeology/mythology theme like Pharaohs Quest.
Posted Image

#12 MakutaNocturn

MakutaNocturn

Member: 15997

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postgedren_y, on 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Actually if you read the innitial Brickset post, there is a link to an actual Legend of Chima natives of Trinadad and Tobago, which is off the coast of Venezuela. This could be an age of explorers theme, set in the late 15th/early 16th century, or a 30's archaeology/mythology theme like Pharaohs Quest.

Or maybe sth in older times? ;p I will say it like on a rock concert!

DO YOU WANT MORE AZTEC FIGURES?!

:tongue:

"yeah Lego! Give us more Aztec fiugres" :D

Anyway, it could be about Aztec legends in 16 century ;P

#13 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

View Postgedren_y, on 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Yeah, that would be awesome!  I don't think it's China, I mean, are you really going to have a theme named "Ledgends of China"?  :sceptic:   What ever it is though, just using the word "Legend" was a great idea. . .  :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#14 Robominer

Robominer

Member: 29797

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

If you look here you will find some information on Asphalt Lake in Trinidad and Tobago.
This is what I found most interesting:

The history of the Pitch Lake is filled with legends. According to one of the legends, the Chima Indians who lived near this lake celebrated their victory over enemy tribes by eating Humming Birds. They forgot that these birds were the spirits of Chima’s ancestors. The God punished the Chima Indians by opening up the earth and letting the Pitch Lake swallow up the Chima village along with its residents.
Maybe Legends of Chima is another Adventurers/Pharaoh's Quest theme. Even though that would be interesting, I still hope that "Chima" is a misspelling of "China".  :cry_sad:
This signature has no text in it.
And no, I'm not a fan of this dumb Android game.

#15 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

i doubt they would have a theme based on an obscure indian tribe in trinidad and tobago.

#16 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'm betting it's China. Didn't they say it takes about 5 years to develop and produce a new theme? So on that basis we would have had these initial ideas pop up or start development at about 4 years ago. Hmmm? What was exactly 4 years ago that might have triggered some brainstorming? Beijing Olympics maybe?
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#17 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postnatelite, on 14 August 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

i doubt they would have a theme based on an obscure indian tribe in trinidad and tobago.
Yeah. Whatever "Chima" is, there's no way that's the basis of the next big LEGO action theme. Chima is most likely entirely made up.

#18 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

• Thinks dead fish can drool

Member: 20078

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

I highly doubt the actual "Chima" "theme" is based of the Trinidad and Tobago Indians. There a couple of possibilities. 1) It is a misspell of China which would be awesome and epic as Chinese Lore is so cool. :sweet: 2) It's a rip-off of China that TLG just replaced a letter similar to how they spelt NinjaGo.  :sceptic:

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats

#19 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Member: 23274

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Neither of these sound interesting.

-Sci

Posted Image

#20 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostDarth Hagrid, on 14 August 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

According to Brickset, we'll be getting two new themes next year- "Speedorz", and "Legends of Chima". I can't say Speedorz does much for me, but Chima sounds interesting.
I know you posted it first, but I'm going to lock this since there are two separate topics in the respective forums for these new themes.

I'm only locking yours because there is no easy way to split yours into the two topics it needs to be.

Legends of Chima 2013

Speedorz 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users