Sign in to follow this  
jFox

Minotaur King and Two Bodyguards

The minotaur from Series 6 was one of my favorites of that set, and I picked up quite a few of them. I wanted to break up the clone effect and add some variety, especially with a leader figure. So with some BrickWarriors items, a dab of paint here and there, and a little help from the Dark Lord Sauron, here are the results!

First off, the king:

kinglr.jpg

He's got a few BrickWarriors items: axe, head, and horns. The cloth items are from a seller on eBay, and two gold bracers from LotR. Now it all makes sense why there are extra "rings to rule them all" included with each set. default_laugh_new.gif

Next up is the king's number one bodyguard:

guard1g.jpg

More BrickWarriors weapons, another head and some of their ram horns in black. At first I didn't like the shape of those horns, but they grew on me. The black is nice for some variety too. And just in case someone isn't aware they're fighting a bull-man, his shiny shield is a reminder. If a human had a shield with a picture of himself on the front, it would be ridiculous... but with a minotaur, it seems to work just fine! default_laugh_new.gif The non-chrome, printed version works well too.

Last, but not least, the king's enforcer. I imagine this guy like the captain of the guard, or the Hand of the King from Game of Thrones... although this ill-tempered fellow tends to hit things first and ask questions later.

guard2r.jpg

I like the legs and torsos from the Pirates of the Caribbean set, Cannibal Escape; the bare torsos and loincloth print make for good minotaur parts. He's got a scimitar from BrickWarriors, a custom pauldron, and Blackbeard's cutlass.

The king and his guards:

alltogetherd.jpg

And just for fun, the whole army:

minotaurs.jpg

Need to get some more BrickWarriors heads and horns, I think. Too many clone heads out there. default_classic.gif

Edited by jFox

Looks like we've got more sweet customs from jFox! My favourite is definitely the King. Black and gold look just fantastic on a Minotaur. :thumbup: How many Minotaurs do you plan on having in your army?

Looks like we've got more sweet customs from jFox! My favourite is definitely the King. Black and gold look just fantastic on a Minotaur. :thumbup: How many Minotaurs do you plan on having in your army?

I might get a few more heads from BrickWarriors, but otherwise don't plan on adding anymore. Although I might try to do something with their steel and white colored heads... those would require a whole new body to go with them. But this is a good size for this faction, I think. Can only put so much time and money (and storage space!) into different groups, and I may have gone overboard with some elves and dwarves, my two favorites. :grin:

Can I make you an honorary member of ToroLUG!? :grin::wub:

Can I make you an honorary member of ToroLUG!? :grin::wub:

Hehe, sure, why not? My army of bull-men and I would be honored to become honorary members. default_classic.gif

Psst... I included them because they'd get angry if they weren't invited.

Cool customs. :thumbup: Nice use of the rings, and you've showcased how well BrickWarriors customs match with official Lego pieces... makes me want to get some. Also, seeing the two minotaur heads together, I like the BW one slightly better because the neck part of the Lego one limits the possibilities, somewhat. Neat scimitar, too.