Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest #43: Protect My Brother


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image


Four strong men with diverse skills were chosen by the tragic young Bellanotte Shadeaux to protect her twin brother. The four making their way up the Crescent Hill towards the Chateau de Shadeaux were:

Party:

Posted ImageSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)
unknown age, unknown race Druid ***Party Leader***
Level 15
Power: 22 (15+7)
Defense: 0
Health: 30/30 (9+14+7)
Ether: 20/20 (5+14+1)
Gold: 50
Equipment: Mockthril Rod (WP:7)
Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Tonics, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth
Posted ImageJohon (Bricksandparts)
25 years old male human Raider
Level 17 *Natural Respite*
Power: 25 (17+8)
Defense: 0
Health: 32/32 (8+16+1+7)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 186
Equipment: Sword of Decay (WP:8; once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns; the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes; suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians), Helmet (+1 max health), Dog Statuette (SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.)
Inventory: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Healing Staff (WP:5, Healing effect; lent to Arthur G Regulus- usable by mages and clerics), Focal Staff (WP:5; focus fire: roll a 3 for 5 ether; suitable for clerics and mages), Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, 2 Scrolls of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Luck, 3 Potions, 2 Venoms, Ice Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, 2 Pick-axes, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass
Posted Image En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)
30 year old male human Battle Mage
Level 18 *Lucky* *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile, Sealed and Blinded*
Power: 30 (18+12)
Defense: 5
Health: 27/27 (5+17+5)
Ether: 23/23 (5+17+1)
Gold: 288
Equipment: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Sealed Heavy Armour of Brilliance (SP:5,Immune: fragile, blinded, sealed effects), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),
Inventory:  En & Sabah & Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), Helmet (+1 HP), Traveler's Cloak (SP: 1), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Confusion, 3 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Phoenix Essences, Remedy, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Venom, 2 Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Garnet Lamp of Summoning
Posted ImageDak Shadeaux (Darth Nihilus)
35 years old half-elven, half-Mopag Black Knight
Level 15 *Immune to Badly Poisoned and Fragile*
Power: 25 (15+10) (20 for ranged attacks (15+5))
Defense: 12 (7+5)
Health: 30/30 (7+14+9)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 3
Equipment: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was last inflicted to someone else in a battle), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory:  Throwing Knife (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine


They had been requested to arrive to the house of the merchant family after the sunset. At the door they were greeted by a stoic guard who opened it for them without a word.

Posted Image


A servant escorted them to a lounge with an eery lighting. A slender woman was standing in front of a fireplace where a ghastly green fire was burning. It gave light, but did not warm the room. The heroes could see their breaths steaming. There were carvings and emblems of bats everywhere - this truly was the house of a family that was proud of their heritage.

Posted Image


"Please, come forward", said the young woman in a thin voice, still staring at the fire. "I apologize for the chilliness, but real fire is too much for my eyes. Me and my father share the same condition - Le Malheur, he calls it. It is why I have never seen the sun... Oh, please forgive my somber ramblings. I am Bellanotte, and I am grateful you heeded by call."

The girl turned to face the heroes, revealing her pale complexion and deep sad eyes.

Posted Image

"My father and my elder sister are working late at the harbour, and my brother is already asleep upstairs, so we can talk freely about the situation. It came to my attention that my twin brother Nuitan has been spending all of his time at the academy with the younger of the Hinckwell boys, Lyren. I myself am homeschooled because of Le Malheur, so I wasn't aware of that until recently, but if I had been, I would have put an end to it. Now it seems too late; Nuitan is already enthralled by that Hinckwell rascal. He's always going on about how 'Ly did this' and 'Ly did that'. If father would find out that this Ly was actually Lyren Hinckwell, he would take Nuitan out of the academy and have him homeschooled with me."

"But I don't want Nuitan to suffer like I have. He is just so gullible... In fact, a few days ago I borrowed one of his school books, and a note fell out. Lyren had invited Nuitan to go hiking with him. Tonight Nuitan went to bed very early, and I heard he had visited the kitchens asking for a ham baguette, so I suspect the hiking trip is scheduled for tomorrow. This is where you four come in: I need you to follow the boys wherever they are heading. I don't know what devilish plans the Hinckwells have for my dear brother, but you must make sure my brother does not fall for them. However, remember that Nuitan thinks the world of Lyren, so if you try to separate them by force, you will most likely just scare them off. So please follow them, but don't let them see you until you are absolutely sure Nuitan is about to walk into a Hinckwell trap."

"Do you have any more questions about the situation, perhaps?"

QM Note: I fixed your stats to meet the new format, and corrected some wrong calculations. Please check I got everything right, nevertheless. Here we go!

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#2 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Johon listens to their Quest-giver and listens to the situation. While Bellanotte is talking, Johon looks around and tries to decide whether or not Nuitan is actually asleep. Then he remembers where he met Nuitan, when Bellanotte starts speaking about the academy. When Bellanotte is finished, Johon scratches his head in tought for a few seconds.
"Do you have some disguises we could use? Do you no any allergies or weaknesses the Nuitan has, because I would assume that 'Ly' would know about them and be able to use them to his advantage."
Johon then turns to his other questers.
"Nur, Sylph, you two are the only ones that can use these so for now I'll lend them to you."
Johon passes all of his scrolls to Nur and sylph (Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, 2 Scroll of Sealings, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Luck)

OoC: I have 2 scrolls of sealing, the second from the raffle.

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#3 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostBricksandparts, on 12 August 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

"Do you have some disguises we could use? Do you no any allergies or weaknesses the Nuitan has, because I would assume that 'Ly' would know about them and be able to use them to his advantage."

Bellanotte shakes her head.

Posted Image
"I am deeply sorry, I did not even think about getting you disguises. This all came down so suddenly. And no, Nuitan has no allergies. He is unaffected by Le Malheur, just like our sister Umbra."

Quote

Johon then turns to his other questers.
"Nur, Sylph, you two are the only ones that can use these so for now I'll lend them to you."
Johon passes all of his scrolls to Nur and sylph (Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, 2 Scroll of Sealings, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Luck)

OoC: I have 2 scrolls of sealing, the second from the raffle.

QM Note: Fixed! Please state who gets which scrolls, or if you will let the two decide for themselves.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#4 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

OoC: I'm letting them decide.

"Companions, I believe that before dark, we should head out to see if we can find some disguises. I suppose we could go out there looking like hikers. Nur and me will have to change our voices and maybe get some simple disguises, enough to hide our identities. I think we should keep the majority of our items in a stash somewhere that we can get them, so that we can appear as civilians."

Edited by Bricksandparts, 12 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#5 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 1711
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Remembering the overnighter in his previous quest and the trouble it was to get something to eat, Nur's mind honed in on the food. That ham baguette sounded good. "Hiking? Are we allowed access to the kitchen to prepare provisions for ourselves? If not my companion Johon is mighty handy when it comes to hunting food. Brought down a bear using nothing but his hands or so I've heard." Nur looked around the room.

"Might you have a portrait of the boy?" He waited for a response. "Why do House Shadeux and House Hinckwell feud so? Is it solely because of riches and territory as the rumors suggest or is there a deeper reason? Perhaps one of their chaps horribly wronged one of your female family members?"

Nur turned towards Johon. He took a Scroll of Sealing and a Scroll of Luck. "Thank ye. I shall read from the scrolls before we depart." Nur unfurled the scroll of luck. "Although, this one seems particularly difficult to decipher." He put the scroll away before continuing. "I must say I do remember seeing the lads from our time at the academy but do you really think they'd recognize me in my bearded and stony condition?" His gaze lowered to his good arm and he saw the color of his skin. "Perhaps a disguise wouldn't hurt." Nur hoped one of his companions would be as diplomatic with the boys and this mission as Maurice was so long ago. That man had stopped the mage from putting a blade to the Nuitan's and Lyren's throats.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#6 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Johon sits down and places his chin on his hands thoughtfully.
"Perhaps we could appear as stranded hikers, then lure them to us and hopefully find out information, or at least bring Nuitan back safely. I'll need a disguise surely, but Nur has a point that he probably isn't recognizable. If we took this strategy though, we'd need to hide the majority of our stuff. I'll keep my pocket-knife hidden on the inside of my boot if I need it, though it isn't meant for fighting. Anyone else have any ideas?"

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#7 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostBricksandparts, on 13 August 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Johon sits down and places his chin on his hands thoughtfully.
"Perhaps we could appear as stranded hikers, then lure them to us and hopefully find out information, or at least bring Nuitan back safely. I'll need a disguise surely, but Nur has a point that he probably isn't recognizable. If we took this strategy though, we'd need to hide the majority of our stuff. I'll keep my pocket-knife hidden on the inside of my boot if I need it, though it isn't meant for fighting. Anyone else have any ideas?"
Sylph moved into the thin light of the fire. He spoke.
"I do understand the benefit obscuring our identities could afford us, but with a group our size and with the equipment we carry, a change of identity may be too difficult to muster. A more practical plan would be to obscure our objective. Should we need to interfere in the children's affairs, they might more readily believe we are Heroes on a mission to slay some manner of forest borne evil, or to rescue a kidnapped prince hidden in a near by dungeon, and that we had been tracking who we thought were enemies, but who really turned out to be the boys.
That being said, I do not anticipate such unfortunate developments as would warrant misleading our mark. I do however applaud your preparedness. Speaking of which, I thank you for offering me several of your scrolls. I shall take the Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, a Scroll of Sealings, and the Scroll of Confusion. Those which Nur did not."
Sylph turned his attention to the pale woman. "Have no fear madam, we will do all in our power to prevent any ill from befalling your brother."

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#8 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

"...Hello, cousin," Dak says simply. "I doubt you have met me; I recall no such thing, but Dak Shadeaux, at your service." He bows, a fluid motion unencumbered by his heavy armor and shield. After a pause, he says, "I have met Nuitan and Lycan; their friendship seems harmless enough to me, but I will heed your words, and be sure to take every precaution to protect your brother. After all, who can say no to family?"
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#9 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Party:

Posted ImageSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)
unknown age, unknown race Druid ***Party Leader***
Level 15
Power: 22 (15+7)
Defense: 0
Health: 30/30 (9+14+7)
Ether: 20/20 (5+14+1)
Gold: 50
Equipment: Mockthril Rod (WP:7)
Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Tonics, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth
Posted ImageJohon (Bricksandparts)
25 years old male human Raider
Level 17 *Natural Respite*
Power: 25 (17+8)
Defense: 0
Health: 32/32 (8+16+1+7)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 186
Equipment: Sword of Decay (WP:8; once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns; the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes; suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians), Helmet (+1 max health), Dog Statuette (SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.)
Inventory: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Healing Staff (WP:5, Healing effect; lent to Arthur G Regulus- usable by mages and clerics), Focal Staff (WP:5; focus fire: roll a 3 for 5 ether; suitable for clerics and mages), Aquamarine,  3 Potions, 2 Venoms, Ice Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, 2 Pick-axes, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass
Posted Image En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)
30 year old male human Battle Mage
Level 18 *Lucky* *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile, Sealed and Blinded*
Power: 30 (18+12)
Defense: 5
Health: 27/27 (5+17+5)
Ether: 23/23 (5+17+1)
Gold: 288
Equipment: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Sealed Heavy Armour of Brilliance (SP:5,Immune: fragile, blinded, sealed effects), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),
Inventory:  En & Sabah & Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), Helmet (+1 HP), Traveler's Cloak (SP: 1), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Luck, 3 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Phoenix Essences, Remedy, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Venom, 2 Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Garnet Lamp of Summoning
Posted ImageDak Shadeaux (Darth Nihilus)
35 years old half-elven, half-Mopag Black Knight
Level 15 *Immune to Badly Poisoned and Fragile*
Power: 25 (15+10) (20 for ranged attacks (15+5))
Defense: 12 (7+5)
Health: 30/30 (7+14+9)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 3
Equipment: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was last inflicted to someone else in a battle), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Throwing Knife (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine


View PostJebediahs, on 12 August 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

"Might you have a portrait of the boy?" He waited for a response. "Why do House Shadeux and House Hinckwell feud so? Is it solely because of riches and territory as the rumors suggest or is there a deeper reason? Perhaps one of their chaps horribly wronged one of your female family members?"

Posted Image
"A portrait of Nuitan? Of course, you can see him right there in that family portrait of ours."

A large painting of the Shadeaux family was hanging on the wall opposite to the fireplace. It pictured the intimidating Count Shadeaux surrounded by his three children. Nuitan was the only one who smiled in the picture.

Posted Image
"What comes to the feud between our family and the Hinckwells, it's been so for as long as I can remember. Me and Nuitan were not even born when my parents and Umbra fled from Charis and arrived here. But you are right, there must be something deeper causing the rift between us and them than just business."

"But if that was all you wanted to ask, please return here at the crack of dawn. My brother should be departing then. Just remember that he must not see that you're tailing him - he's surprisingly fast for such a nerdy boy. Please, don't let anything bad happen to him."

The party bids farewell to Bellanotte, along with promises of keeping his brother safe.

Early in the next morning, the foursome returned to the chateau. Much to their surprise, they saw someone else approaching the house as well: an elderly man in a dark cloak and strange angular hat. They hid in the bushes and watched the old man walk to the door. He raised his hand to knock on it, when it suddenly opened. A startled Nuitan Shadeaux stared at the head of his school.

Posted Image


Posted Image
"P-provost Lector! What are you doing here so early on our day off, s-s-sir?"

Posted Image
"I am here to see your father. I know he retires to his bed early, and I need to discuss this matter with him personally."

Posted Image
"W-what matter might that be, sir?"

Posted Image
"Nothing less than your future, Young Master Nuitan. Ever since you started spending time with Young Hinckwell, your exam grades have sunken like a pirate ship at Eubric Bay. I will not tolerate seeing one of my greatest students failing because of bad influence!"

Posted Image
"N-no, Provost Lector! P-p-please don't tell my father about me and Ly... I mean Lyren Hinckwell! I will do anything! I will st-st-study harder, I promise!"

Posted Image
"Really? Then why are you not studying right now? There are big exams coming next week, you know that. It looks like you'd rather spend your free time on a picnic, judging from your bulging bag."

Posted Image
"I'm just going to catch some fresh air, so that my brain will function better. Th-then I can study hard all day long!"

The provost gives the boy a long and stern look over his round glasses.

Posted Image
"Very well. But if you don't get perfect scores in the upcoming exams - like you used to get - I will talk to your father, and nothing you say then will stop me. Am I making myself clear, Young Master Nuitan?"

Posted Image
"C-c-clear as the weather on this beautiful day, sir! Now I gotta go, bye!"

Nuitan dashes into a sprint, running straight past the bushes where the party is hiding. He runs down the eastern side of Crescent Hill. Will the party run after him, or go talk to the provost?

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#10 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Johon thinks for a moment.
"Does anyone think the provost would have any useful information? If so, I think we should split up. Anyone here relatively quick that would be able to catch up?"

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#11 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

"Ah the chase begins. I agree someone should speak to the professor, but not all of us--for fear of losing Nuitan. I will go speak with the professor, accompanied by Dak. He seems light on his feet, and his relationship with the Shadeaux may make our inquiry seem less sinister. Johon, and Nur, follow the boy. Leave some faint form of message by which we can track you should you move too quickly for us to readily follow you. Broken twigs should suffice."

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#12 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

"Ok, if worst comes to worst, I'll have nur send a signal fire into the sky to reveal our position, and if need be, leave a note of the plan. I think that two of us will need to appear as threats, perhaps the Wolfgang demanding ransom,while the others presume as guards."

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#13 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostBricksandparts, on 13 August 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

"Ok, if worst comes to worst, I'll have nur send a signal fire into the sky to reveal our position, and if need be, leave a note of the plan. I think that two of us will need to appear as threats, perhaps the Wolfgang demanding ransom,while the others presume as guards."
"That might work well."

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#14 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 1711
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

"Alright. If we must or are able to split then perhaps a more subtle signal will suffice. My ether may allow me to infuse some of this earth with enough magic to bring out the non-combat Pet Rock. You could follow it to me like a magic compass. Gods willing of course. We must hurry either way, that boy can really run and with my extra bulk I'm not as quick as I once was."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#15 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostJebediahs, on 13 August 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

"Alright. If we must or are able to split then perhaps a more subtle signal will suffice. My ether may allow me to infuse some of this earth with enough magic to bring out the non-combat Pet Rock. You could follow it to me like a magic compass. Gods willing of course. We must hurry either way, that boy can really run and with my extra bulk I'm not as quick as I once was."
"Perfect, then it's settled."

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#16 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

OoC: I won't post any further actions if we continue this quest in PMs.

Johon heads off with Nur, following Nuitian.

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#17 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

The party decides to split up. Nur spends on ether to conjure an enchanted rock that will lead Sylph and Dak to him as he and Johon follow Nuitan. As the provost of the Academy of Enlightenment walks past them, Sylph and Dak step into his way.

Posted Image
"Uh, good morning, gentlemen... Listen, I don't have my purse with me, so please take your business somewhere else."

How will Sylph and Dak reply?

Party A:

Posted ImageSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)
unknown age, unknown race Druid ***Party Leader***
Level 15
Power: 22 (15+7)
Defense: 0
Health: 30/30 (9+14+7)
Ether: 20/20 (5+14+1)
Gold: 50
Equipment: Mockthril Rod (WP:7)
Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Tonics, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth
Posted ImageDak Shadeaux (Darth Nihilus)
35 years old half-elven, half-Mopag Black Knight
Level 15 *Immune to Badly Poisoned and Fragile*
Power: 25 (15+10) (20 for ranged attacks (15+5))
Defense: 12 (7+5)
Health: 30/30 (7+14+9)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 3
Equipment: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was last inflicted to someone else in a battle), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Throwing Knife (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine


Meanwhile, Nur and Johon stay hot on Nuitan's tracks. His sister was right, the boy is surprisingly fast, but luckily he slows down after a few blocks. He heads north-east until he comes to the wall encircling Eubric. At the gate there, a young man with blue hair is waiting for him.

Posted Image


Posted Image
"Yo, Nute! What took ya so long? You didn't get caught, did ya?"

Posted Image
"Nah, just ran into Squarehead along the way. He was going to tell father about the two of us, but I talked him out of it."

Posted Image
"'Atta boy! Let's go already, we've got to reach the Suicide Cliffs before sundown. Oh man, you'll be totally flabbersmacked!"

The two boys walked through the wide open gate, chatting and laughing. Nuitan seemed like a totally different person when he was with Lyren, even forgetting his stutter.

Posted Image


Nuitan and Lyren walk slowly along the Brobric Road, but if they wait too long, Johon and Nur will lose sight of them. What will they do?

Party B:

Posted ImageJohon (Bricksandparts)
25 years old male human Raider
Level 17 *Natural Respite*
Power: 25 (17+8)
Defense: 0
Health: 32/32 (8+16+1+7)
Ether: 0/0
Gold: 186
Equipment: Sword of Decay (WP:8; once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns; the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes; suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians), Helmet (+1 max health), Dog Statuette (SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.)
Inventory: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Healing Staff (WP:5, Healing effect; lent to Arthur G Regulus- usable by mages and clerics), Focal Staff (WP:5; focus fire: roll a 3 for 5 ether; suitable for clerics and mages), Aquamarine,  3 Potions, 2 Venoms, Ice Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, 2 Pick-axes, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass
Posted Image En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)
30 year old male human Battle Mage
Level 18 *Lucky* *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile, Sealed and Blinded*
Power: 30 (18+12)
Defense: 5
Health: 27/27 (5+17+5)
Ether: 22/23 (5+17+1)
Gold: 288
Equipment: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Sealed Heavy Armour of Brilliance (SP:5,Immune: fragile, blinded, sealed effects), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),
Inventory:  En & Sabah & Nur ([i]Shurikens 3/3
, WP: 5), Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), Helmet (+1 HP), Traveler's Cloak (SP: 1), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Luck, 3 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Phoenix Essences, Remedy, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Venom, 2 Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Garnet Lamp of Summoning


~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#18 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Raising his arms in a gesture of peace, Sylph spoke. "Good Provost, we are both members of Heroica and mean you no ill. We wish merely to help the young Shadeaux boy, Nuitan. We were hired by a concerned Family member in order to investigate the relationship between Nuitan and Lyren and ensure that no harm befalls the boy. With this in mind, would you be so kind as to assist us by telling us of their relationship, and perhaps any trickery we might expect from Lyren or both?"

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#19 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 14 August 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Raising his arms in a gesture of peace, Sylph spoke. "Good Provost, we are both members of Heroica and mean you no ill. We wish merely to help the young Shadeaux boy, Nuitan. We were hired by a concerned Family member in order to investigate the relationship between Nuitan and Lyren and ensure that no harm befalls the boy. With this in mind, would you be so kind as to assist us by telling us of their relationship, and perhaps any trickery we might expect from Lyren or both?"

Posted Image
"From Heroica, you say? That's a relief to hear. I was just robbed two days ago, but that's life in Eubric, as you know. What comes to Young Masters Shadeaux and Hinckwell, trickery is all you can expect from them nowadays. Nuitan used to be such a devoted and bright student, whereas the Hinckwell boy is only at the Academy because his parents forced him. He does not care about education, and much to my chagrin, he is dragging Nuitan Shadeaux down with him. Some might argue that pranks and adventures belong to the life of teenage boys, but I beg to differ. I wouldn't be at the position I am today if I had slacked off all day long. No, education is the most noble road to success! I just had a stern talking to Young Master Shadeaux, and he promised to correct his ways. I have high hopes for that young man, with his intelligence he could very well be my follower one day. Is there anymore questions I can answer to help you?"

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#20 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Johon quickly wrote down a note on a piece of parchment and folded it up.

Quote

To Sylph Solanum,

Make yourselves or find yourselves some clothes to disguise yourself as Wolfgang, assume the role and make your plan appear to be that you are going to kidnap the two of them, and then ransom to the highest bidder for the children to the two feuding families. As of now, they are traveling down Brobric Road and heading to the suicide cliffs, the perfect place for an ambush. I will discuss with Nur about it, but I believe that I will travel fast enough down there to the cliffs, while you join with Nur. Expecting a trap, I'd suggest that only Dak should come, so that we will be able to hide and observe any residents.

Johon, best of luck.

When he finishes, he throws it into the air and whispers the magical words.
"I've got Z-Mail!"

Johon turns to Nur.
"Listen, I should head to the side and get to the cliffs first, you stay and follow the two kids, I'll set up a look-out post at the cliff side and maybe set up a camp. I told Sylph that Dak could probably sneak to the cliff side with me, and we could observe any traps or residents. I wish I could teach you some more survival lessons now, but we do have a job to do. Personally, I don't think that Lyren actually has told anyone about this, I think that he really is just friends with him. I think that if we have problems, they will be from the Wolfgang, or another group that found out about this and is planning on kidnapping them."

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#21 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

  • Saaaaaaandy?


    Posts: 3367
    Joined: 15-May 11
    Member: 17853

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

OoC: Who is Party B's Party leader?

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page


#22 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostBricksandparts, on 15 August 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

OoC: Who is Party B's Party leader?

QM Note: You can be, but do you really want to follow through with your proposed action? Your given task is to protect Nuitan, and in your plan Nur would be the only one actually doing that. And what do the other questers say about this?

The two boys ventured to the countryside outside Eubric Freeport. The party was unsure what course of action they should take, but now they at least knew where Lyren was taking Nuitan: to the infamous Suicide Cliffs at the south edge of the eastern peninsula of Uland.

Posted Image


In an hour, Nuitan and Lyren reached the edge of the great Eubric Forest. There were many dangers lurking in the woods, so the boys decided to follow the Brobric road for the time being.

Posted Image


~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#23 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostSandy, on 14 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Posted Image
"From Heroica, you say? That's a relief to hear. I was just robbed two days ago, but that's life in Eubric, as you know. What comes to Young Masters Shadeaux and Hinckwell, trickery is all you can expect from them nowadays. Nuitan used to be such a devoted and bright student, whereas the Hinckwell boy is only at the Academy because his parents forced him. He does not care about education, and much to my chagrin, he is dragging Nuitan Shadeaux down with him. Some might argue that pranks and adventures belong to the life of teenage boys, but I beg to differ. I wouldn't be at the position I am today if I had slacked off all day long. No, education is the most noble road to success! I just had a stern talking to Young Master Shadeaux, and he promised to correct his ways. I have high hopes for that young man, with his intelligence he could very well be my follower one day. Is there anymore questions I can answer to help you?"
"I'm sorry to hear about your mugging. Do you feel as if the Hinckwell boy may have a secret agenda, or in some way be attempting to sabotage the Shadeaux? We are worried that his intentions may be a little more sinister than adventurous."

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#24 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10176
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 15 August 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

"I'm sorry to hear about your mugging. Do you feel as if the Hinckwell boy may have a secret agenda, or in some way be attempting to sabotage the Shadeaux? We are worried that his intentions may be a little more sinister than adventurous."

Posted Image
"The Hinckwells and the Shadeaux have been at each other's throats ever since the two families heard of each other, but there is always a hope that sons do not repeat the mistakes of their fathers. Young Master Lyren certainly gets Nuitan into a great deal of trouble at the Academy, but he does not have the wits to make up any grand schemes as you are suggesting. If there is a sinister plot between the companionship of the two boys, it must be orchestrated by someone else. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get prepared for next week's lessons."

With a nod, the provost leaves Sylph and Dak. Nur's magical pet rock pulls the two heroes towards north-east.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#25 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostBricksandparts, on 14 August 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Johon quickly wrote down a note on a piece of parchment and folded it up.



When he finishes, he throws it into the air and whispers the magical words.
"I've got Z-Mail!"

Well, this is interesting says Sylph as a letter magically appears in his hand. Excuse me for a second Provost. Sylph pulls Dak's shoulder to confer with him.
"Read this," He mumbles.
"I get the feeling Johon is taking the whole 'disguise' plan a bit out of hand. I'll respond."

Quote

Dear Johon,
I strongly suggest against this ploy. Should the time come, we will use the costumes, but in the mean time, keep your eyes on the two.
~Sylph Solanum
I use z-mail to re-send it.

View PostSandy, on 15 August 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Posted Image
"The Hinckwells and the Shadeaux have been at each other's throats ever since the two families heard of each other, but there is always a hope that sons do not repeat the mistakes of their fathers. Young Master Lyren certainly gets Nuitan into a great deal of trouble at the Academy, but he does not have the wits to make up any grand schemes as you are suggesting. If there is a sinister plot between the companionship of the two boys, it must be orchestrated by someone else. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get prepared for next week's lessons."

With a nod, the provost leaves Sylph and Dak. Nur's magical pet rock pulls the two heroes towards north-east.
"Very well, Until we meet again Provost."
We follow the rock with utmost celerity.

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users