TheKingOfBuilding

SoF: Stephanie's Motorized Monster Truck

indexed.gif V-LV-49F

A vehicle category in the Friends contest? How could I resist?

7759949688_bb3d6623b2_z.jpg

I decided to build something a bit bigger than my normal Lego cars, so a monster truck was a natural idea. To make Stephanie's monster truck a little more exciting, I included some power functions motors and an IR receiver to make remote control. It was harder than I thought though, to get the right amount of power to drive the heavy brick-built wheels, that and the steering was a right pain in the megablocks to get right, I'm still not entirely happy with it.

Anyway, lets see some of the details (and a video) of Stephanie's Not-So-Friendly Motorized Monster Truck!

7759941268_3398d7a831_z.jpg

Here you can see the V8 petrol Petal engine and the lights, powered by two light bricks at the back.

7759940558_662b08ff39_z.jpg

The Monster Truck has a hinged hood to access the engine and a removable roof to see the interior with space for two minidolls.

7759939716_0d08426a52_z.jpg

At the rear are some flower lights, which double as buttons for the light bricks that power the front lights, a protective roll cage and some exposed wires.

7759942212_2da8cc6b88_z.jpg

It appears that Stephanie prefers her monster truck to her convertible...

And finally click here to see a video of Stephanie's Motorized Monster Truck doing what it does best!

I hope you enjoyed viewing my entry to the Summer Of Friends contest and I'm interested to see all the other category 1 entries!

AWESOME design 'TheKingOfBuilding', fantastic PF'ing there too ! :grin:

Brick On with your Friend's 'TheKingOfBuilding' ! :wink:

Very cool indeed! Could hardly believe it when you said it had PF... looks like a blast to drive around.

Great work! Love all the purple too! :thumbup: And the light-up bricks! Excellent idea!