Sebeus I

Polacca: the Beauty

[pid][/pid]139B

19 November 2012 : Updated stern : http://www.eurobrick...t=#entry1436624 (internal link to post)

1344674310m_DISPLAY.jpg

I made this ship to use it in a pirate series, a story involving my own and other signature figures, I already made the first two episodes,

check them out at mocpages if interested.

dsc07717.jpg

The Tumblehome technique is another variant on my simplyfied Captain Greenhairs frigate technique, infact it doesn't require hinge plates at all.

My other 'simplyfied' ships are the Intersector and the Christine.

1344330916m_DISPLAY.jpg

The ship itself has no interior because it's too impractical (and small) to tell a story in, that's why I made an additional set up for interior scenes:

1344519003m_DISPLAY.jpg

(This picture is not from the ship itself)

1344136427m_DISPLAY.jpg

dsc07719.jpg

1344527216m_DISPLAY.jpg

Well I hope you like it, I will post the mocs I make for the series here at CP.

The series itself can be viewed at mocpages.

But I warn you, you might find it a bit silly, It's not particulary a serious story :pir-tongue:

Oh and I made another ship, for the Kaliphlin Guild : Barqonian Interceptor.

Edited by Sebeus I

Very nice Sebeus. I really like the color scheme on her.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I'll have to read the first two episodes once I find the time. They look good.

Nice little ship with a refreshing colour scheme, it almost looks like a holiday fun ship for pirates! :pir_laugh2:

May I suggest using medium blue or white 1x2 windows in the stern? The red ones seem a bit off imo.

Thanks, Those red windows were all I had, It's time to expand my collection :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Sebeus I

this is incredibly beauty!

i'm trying to make little ships like yours, but i've found it much more difficult than making larger ones...

hope you won't be disappointed if i try to "copy" the main structure

edit:

have the sides been blocked or just drop in place?

Edited by Matteo1130

A clever little build you've made there.

Each ship you make always seems to have one thing that stands out to me and on this one it has the be the unhinged tumblehome technique. I know hinge plates are pieces that don't always come aplenty and this way you've found a nice way to get around the problem of a limited brick selection. Are they secured in any way or do they just float there?

Another thing that caught my attention was the prefrab. I like that you changed the blue topper on the white bottom to grey. It really goes well with the overall color scheme.

Nice build Sebeus!

this is incredibly beauty!

i'm trying to make little ships like yours, but i've found it much more difficult than making larger ones...

hope you won't be disappointed if i try to "copy" the main structure

edit:

have the sides been blocked or just drop in place?

Agreed, the small hulls give less space to build, the sides just drop in place and when they do they pretty much stay in place, unless I would lay the ship on its side or turn it upside down :pir_laugh2:

A clever little build you've made there.

Each ship you make always seems to have one thing that stands out to me and on this one it has the be the unhinged tumblehome technique. I know hinge plates are pieces that don't always come aplenty and this way you've found a nice way to get around the problem of a limited brick selection. Are they secured in any way or do they just float there?

Another thing that caught my attention was the prefrab. I like that you changed the blue topper on the white bottom to grey. It really goes well with the overall color scheme.

Nice build Sebeus!

Thanks, the blue topper is on a brown hull now and that on the other hand looks terrible :pir-sceptic:

I love this little boat. Great work you've done here!

But with this lovely color scheme I may suggest to make it a Bluecoat ship.

Possible for later, for now it will be under no command of any coat :pir-classic:

Agreed, the small hulls give less space to build, the sides just drop in place and when they do they pretty much stay in place, unless I would lay the ship on its side or turn it upside down pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks, the blue topper is on a brown hull now and that on the other hand looks terrible pirate_sceptic.gif

Possible for later, for now it will be under no command of any coat pirate_classic.gif

I seriously LOVE the pirates unfurling the sail from the top. I never thought of lining them up like that. Its actions like this that are so simple, yet seem to completely bring the scene alive!

Chip Chip Cherrio!!

out of question how did you come up with that name?

At first I didn't have a name for it, I came up with it while writing the dialogues for the story.

I made quite a lot of ships already, it's getting hard to find names for all of them :pir_wacko:

Edited by Sebeus I

Are those custom sails?

Yes, just paper, recycled paper, I drew some lines on them but it's hard to see.

Edited by Sebeus I

i'm trying to figure how to use your sides design in the middle part (love the way it looks) and put a couple hinges or clips to block sides in place (and maybe swivel them).

do you think is it possible to make a brig with a 1 mid-section small hull in a plausible minifig illusion scale?

this thing makes me want to continue my old project...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/sdc10828x.jpg/

Edited by Matteo1130

i'm trying to figure how to use your sides design in the middle part (love the way it looks) and put a couple hinges or clips to block sides in place (and maybe swivel them).

do you think is it possible to make a brig with a 1 mid-section small hull in a plausible minifig illusion scale?

this thing makes me want to continue my old project...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/sdc10828x.jpg/

hmmm, maybe, it might get a little cramped because of the two big masts, I saw one with two midsections a while ago

link (the small ship in front, these ships were brought by Captain Greenhair and Bonaparte)

I'd say it's worth a try to build one with only one midsection.

This side design doesn't work very well on large ships so I might as well experiment some more with small ships, I'll try a brig one of these days :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Sebeus I

hmmm, maybe, it might get a little cramped because of the two big masts, I saw one with two midsections a while ago

link (the small ship in front, these ships were brought by Captain Greenhair and Bonaparte)

I'd say it's worth a try to build one with only one midsection.

This side design doesn't work very well on large ships so I might as well experiment some more with small ships, I'll try a brig one of these days :pir_laugh2:

i see, you mean the "yellow thief", a very clever design, surely in my top10 MOCs on this forum (absolutely, unquestionably first place for the Vesta!!).

May I suggest using medium blue or white 1x2 windows in the stern? The red ones seem a bit off imo.

dsc08121.jpg

Grumble grumble...

dsc08122.jpg

always nitpicking over the slightest...

dsc08125.jpg

and I hate to modify...

dsc08127.jpg

there.

dsc08132.jpg

dsc08133.jpg

CGH: "Much better"

...indeed :devil:

Now with the tournament of retribution this seemed an excellent occasion to remove that hell-bound color from my ship :pir-grin:

and some smack doesn't hurt either :laugh:

Edited by Sebeus I

Hilarious... Absolutly hilarious! :laugh_hard::roflmao: They do fit indeed a bit btter, though i still prefer the red ones. They give it that magical little touch.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Hilarious... Absolutly hilarious! :laugh_hard::roflmao: They do fit indeed a bit btter, though i still prefer the red ones. They give it that magical little touch.

Captain Becker

Thanks, old windows are better decorated I think

but I guess you prefer them because they're red :laugh:

Edited by Sebeus I

Reason why i like the red ones is that it gives more colour to the ship itself. Its quite boring looking if it only has like two coloured hull. Or like Matternholm only has one coloured hull. Wich makes it a bit boring to look at (No offence)

Captain Becker