I made this to cheer up my Brother, because he enjoys massive vehicles with wheels. He is melancholy because he has a mad wife who doesn't understand him. I hope that you enjoy this model, or empathise with my brother's plight, or perhaps even both.
▲ The linked LXF looks like this, which is the livery of the "Arriva" fleet. They rule the roads around here with an aluminium fist.
▲ Their arch enemies are the "First" fleet, whose buses have a questionable paintjob. I'm told that these are called "Barbie buses". There are actually things like this!
I recoloured the original model to see if I could, but you could probably localise it.
Things I wanted to do but couldn't, because LDD 4.2.5 made a fool of me:
- There's a little machine next to the driver's seat, where he or she presses some buttons and the blessed thing pukes out a ticket. I don't know how to make that.
- I hacked something together to give the impression of tax discs on the windscreen, but there were collision issues.
- Even though I made a hinged engine flap on the rear of this behemoth, there's only a 1w space to fit an engine. So I didn't make one.
- The wheels look TINY. The next size up look too big. What am ah gonna do?
Things I actually did, and was really pleased with:
- The windows are those 1x4x6 things which are intended for buildings, placed sideways and secured by the seats. I actually started constructing the model with those.
- Harpoons for the windscreen wipers! When I rotated them in their holders, they became almost flush with the tapering windscreen!
- Actually making this thing. It seems I taught my Brother to bend the rules a bit with LDD.
EDIT: Oh cack, I may have posted this in the wrong place.
Edited by Rufus, 11 August 2012 - 11:10 AM.