Excalibur 2.0: Day Seven

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#51 swils

swils

• Froinkly brillioinkly oinking

Member: 19793

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Ahh, I was in souper-srs-mode and missed the humor.  Re-reading it now with that in mind, I'm chuckling :blush: .

I don't mean to pry, but if you've got a PM-chain that shows you repeatedly asking for Wilder to target Vanderbilt, it'd all but put to rest my concern that you're bluffing your role.  Or if Wilder can at least confirm that you've repeatedly requested it (multiple nights).  That is, of course, unless you knew that he wouldn't listen to you, and so by repeatedly urging him to kill Vanderbilt, you were really just drawing attention awa...ahhh, nooo, the wine is back!

#52 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

View Postswils, on 08 August 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

I don't mean to pry, but if you've got a PM-chain that shows you repeatedly asking for Wilder to target Vanderbilt, it'd all but put to rest my concern that you're bluffing your role.  Or if Wilder can at least confirm that you've repeatedly requested it (multiple nights).
I do and he can confirm that I've been asking for either a lynch or night kill on Vanderbilt for as long as I can remember and that along the way, both he and McAndrews reassured me that Vanderbilt 'really looks like a townie', which I tried to explain is exactly what the scum try to do. At least I think the point has been made now. :laugh:

You're still not sure about my role? Really? I'm almost flattered. Almost. :hmpf:

That is, of course, unless you knew that he wouldn't listen to you, and so by repeatedly urging him to kill Vanderbilt, you were really just drawing attention awa...ahhh, nooo, the wine is back!
I think he would have listened today, but thankfully we don't have to test that theory since something better came along. :grin:

As a matter of fact, he actually said he would target Vanderbilt tonight, since I was so sure. He also explained that he had hesitated previously because he wanted to wait for me to be investigated, which is reasonable enough.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#53 swils

swils

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostShadows, on 08 August 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

You're still not sure about my role? Really? I'm almost flattered. Almost. :hmpf:

Like I said yesterday, claiming protector would be, in my mind, one of the easiest illusions to keep up as a Purist.  Just tell your team not to kill whoever you're supposed to protect, and you've supposedly done your job.

#54 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

View Postswils, on 08 August 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Like I said yesterday, claiming protector would be, in my mind, one of the easiest illusions to keep up as a Purist.  Just tell your team not to kill whoever you're supposed to protect, and you've supposedly done your job.
Investigator would be easier. Or blocker for that matter. A protector could actually be discovered if there was a surprise neutral in the game, though I guess any claim could be covered with "but I was blocked!", at least for a day or two. In the end, the easiest is just to claim vanilla, isn't it?

#55 swils

swils

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostShadows, on 08 August 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Investigator would be easier. Or blocker for that matter. A protector could actually be discovered if there was a surprise neutral in the game, though I guess any claim could be covered with "but I was blocked!", at least for a day or two. In the end, the easiest is just to claim vanilla, isn't it?

Well, true, it might not be the easiest.  I don't think that discredits it as an easy role to fake, though.  As for claiming vanilla, well, I'd say that it seems most vanillas have been kept out of the loop, but you said you've kept yourself out of the core as well, so that kind of dismisses the point.

#56 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

*Boohyah* Alright, so Wilder has someone who is claiming to have taken out Van-what's his name, which moves us ahead on finally narrowing down the list of suspects. Which leads me to the below, I've gone over all my notes and taking into account the latest proceedings, I believe our very own Lieutenant Francis to be one of the last remaining scum. Yes, yes, I know you are all going to say "but he was on your list of confirmed townies" well sometimes lists can be wrong and deceiving, ask Wilder for once. :tongue:

Reviewing the contributions made by the Lieutenant, I can say that of all those left unaccounted for he has contributed the least, let's just take a look shall we?

Day 1:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 06 July 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Wise words.

Clearly we have a (familiar) situation on our hands here and we should take it seriously, even if just out of respect for the late Captain.
That fateful quote referencing the wise words of Gordon, which we would later see during again during day 6. Gordon goes on to accuse Francis of mimicking him, but their whole discussion is rather lack-luster and the debate between Gordon and Mandel begins letting Francis sink back into the back-ground. As has been brought up by esteemed members of this crew, scum will talk to each-other and even accuse each-other and I believe this to be a prime example, quick non-threatening and ultimately distracting.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 08 July 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Very sorry everyone, I've been caught up in my astrobiology stuff back in the lab!

Real life got in the way, had some friends from the States over, had to be a good host.

However I have been checking the data log as the day has gone on and it seems there are two possible targets emerging here for a lynch. Personally I think Ensign Pewter has been playing a very suspicious game up to now. By kick starting a multi-page... of the data log... discussion on hair, clues and other whimsical ideas he successfully distracted nearly everybody and put off any real investigation, potentially enough to collude and develop a plan. He then claims he was just joking, but he says this pretty much every five minutes. For goodness' sake, Pewter, get your act together. The Captain's dead, there's scum in our ranks and we're fast running out of pop-tarts! This is not a laughing matter!

If you ask me the above behavior is just too suspicious to let go. If he can provide a decent defense then perhaps I'll consider it but so far I'm fairly convinced that Ensign Pewter does not have the best of intentions for this crew :sceptic:

Vote: Ensign Brian Pewter (Palathadric)
A long way of saying that he's going along with the current bandwagon along with known scum, Gordon and Rockford.

Day 2:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 11 July 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Sorry for my absence folks. Once again, things got in the way. Luckily I've been able to check the data recordings and catch up on the goings on.

As everyone knows we lost two Townies last night to the scum and a possible vig or serial killer. While this is a major blow, it has taught us a lesson in being decisive. Personally I find that our failure to lynch Pewter yesterday should be rectified. In these early days we really have no clues whatsoever and as such we should go hunting for them, even if that results in some unfortunate sacrifices.

As I said yesterday, Pewter is really setting off alarm bells for me, and they are still ringing today even though a large majority of people have dropped their suspicions of him. Even if he turns out to be a Townie, Pewter is nothing but a nuisance and an obstacle at this point, getting in the way of any real investigation.

That said, I have also observed Campbell's grilling today. I find his behavior - including the quote incident - to be somewhat evasive as opposed to Pewter's disruptive attitude. As such I propose that we all keep an eye on these two as possible lynch candidates at the end of the day.
Summerizing everything that had happened up until that point, nothing more nothing less. I think we all know how scum like to pad their posts.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 12 July 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

I'm also going to continue my suspicions from yesterday and today and vote for Ensign Brian Pewter (Palathadric).
The expected bandwagon vote.

Day 3:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 16 July 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Well this is just great :cry_sad:

It's clear from last night's events that absolutely nothing that we thought we knew was actually true, and we're back to square one once again. I'm intrigued by the discussion going on though - it doesn't seem to be clear who exactly killed who last night. I'm guessing the vig messed up, and the SK is actively on the loose.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 16 July 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostLEGOman273, on 16 July 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

SK is Serial Killer? I don't think that we have one. After the simulation, and two Nights of reality, we should have seen a three-kill Night. We have not, so I think no SK.
It's just been suggested earlier today, so I took it into account. Personally I agree with you, a serial killer seems unlikely. I suspect a very strong scum team.
A quick opening possibly misleading suggestion followed by an immediate turn around, junior scum move in my eyes.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 19 July 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I am also of the mind that no-lynch does us no good. And I agree with the case put against Dr. Burbank, int hat this may be our first worthwhile lynch.

Vote: Dr. Julius Burbank (BrickDoctor)
Another jump onto the bandwagon.

Day 4:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 21 July 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Well this is just great :sceptic:

Clearly all our lines of inquiry so far have been damn wrong. Perhaps, seeing as the list of the innocent and dead has grown tragically long, we should stop basing our suspicions on the events of the simulation and place more of a focus on this actual game... of life. Because it's obvious that things are not as they once were, and our incompetence and stubbornness so far has lead to these crewmen's deaths.

What strikes me as odd though is how wrong we really were. Quite honestly I was almost entirely sure Burbank would turn out to be scum. But now I really just don't know.
The usual day opening with nothing unique to add.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 22 July 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

To be fair, as a plan it could well work, but only if a more experienced and trusted member of the crew had put it into action. With yesterday and today's suspicions of York, this was never going to happen really, and instead we've just presented to the scum how confused we are and that we've resorted to in-fighting once again :sceptic:
References York's failed sting operation, but nothing new to add.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 23 July 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Vote: Andrew Gordon (Scubacarrot).

Duh. :tongue:
Expected vote against Gordon.

Day 5:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 27 July 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Shame we didn't get the result we were looking for but it's better than nothing!

Vote: Ensign Toby Rockford (darkdragon)
Showed up just to jump on the bandwagon.

Day 6:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 31 July 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Crap, this is worrying. It seems that just as we're actually getting somewhere, we get knocked back three steps. The death of McAndrews is a major blow as the list of confirmed, trustworthy and cunning townies grows shorter. I really hope we get somewhere today, the threat of 'lockdown' is especially concerning.
The usual, blah blah about how we aren't doing well.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 31 July 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Hey, I'm not proud! :laugh:

in all seriousness, however, I'm keeping them to myself for now as with all the recent deaths of people I thought I could trust I'm pretty hesitant when it comes to giving anything away. After all we still don't know how big the scum team is (do we?), and there's not an awful lot of us left.

Besides, how about contributing your own theories and ideas before criticizing others for their apparent lack thereof?
Decides not to come out with his suspicions, the least he could have done is deliver them to a relatively confirmed townie, the vig for instance (I'm not sure if he did or not), my guess is he's trying to look busy.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 01 August 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

I also want an answer to this. Personally I can't see how Dragonator and CJP have managed to escape all suspicion so far in the past two days, and I'm struggling to see what method you used to clear them.
Joining Vanderbilt in asking for how Dragonator and CJP got on my list, I think we've seen this mimicry before maybe in the first few posts of day 1?

View PostAwesomeStar, on 02 August 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Personally although I also recognise the points made against Hornby I have to say that he has presented a pretty solid case when it comes to Holloway. I don't wish to split the vote here but I can't help but think that we should perhaps go along with the theory. If Holloway turns out to be town, then we all know who to turn too tomorrow.

Vote: Ensign Robert Holloway (WaterbrickDown)
At this point in the day Hornby had already achieved his majority to be lynched (including Vanderbilt) so there was no risk to spreading out the scum vote, see how day 1 is a prime example of the scum not being afraid to spread their vote.

Day 7:

View PostAwesomeStar, on 07 August 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well, you aren't prepared to get on with this then I shall step up the plate. We need to get somewhere, even if it is just anywhere.

Vote: Lt Wheeler (Inconspicuous)
I addressed the folley of this attitude in my reply to Vanderbilt but it seems like you can't tell a scum not to act like a scum.

To sum it up, all our Lieutenant Francis has been up to is stating his shock at how badly we are doing in the morning, following up with a comment during mid-day that really doesn't tell us anything we don't already know or piggy-backing on someone else's logic including known scum, and jumping on almost every single bandwagon against people who have turned up as town. If you have theories you could at least stated them earlier, this town needs people who are working together not just trying to survive and with those who are currently left, I find it hard to believe that you have been working with anybody and are more than likely a scum who has attempted to hide under the radar.

Vote: Lieutenant Francis (AwesomeStar)

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:

Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 36 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric

#57 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

• RA Anniversary HP reviewer

Member: 6188

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

I've gone over all my notes and taking into account the latest proceedings, I believe our very own Lieutenant Francis to be one of the last remaining scum.

To sum it up, all our Lieutenant Francis has been up to is stating his shock at how badly we are doing in the morning, following up with a comment during mid-day that really doesn't tell us anything we don't already know or piggy-backing on someone else's logic including known scum, and jumping on almost every single bandwagon against people who have turned up as town.

I'm willing to believe the result of your tedious note-taking. I actually expressed some minor skepticism about Francis to you in private a while back!

A few days back, Francis had commented in the morning that we were "still being influenced by the simulation" and I asked him exactly how. He never responded, which made me suspect he wasn't actually reading the day threads carefully. Now, a good townie should be paying close attention, so his lack of a response made me raise an eyebrow. I almost called him out on it yesterday, but I thought it was too minor a point to dwell on.

Let's make this originally boring day a day to remember by catching a second Purist!

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!

#58 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Interesting. While Lt. Francis was always the weakest of the names of my suspect list, mostly based on a quirky nagging at the edge of my scumdar, seeing it all written out makes it come together in my mind, certainly enough for a vote.

#59 swils

swils

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Wow, I actually have to applaud you on a well founded argument, chock full of examples and explanations.   :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Sarcasm aside, I think you've raised a really good case here.  There's a couple weak points to it, but over all, you've sold me.

"A long way of saying that he's going along with the current bandwagon along with known scum, Gordon and Rockford."
Wouldn't everyone who hopped on that bandwagon be guilty of the same?

"Joining Vanderbilt in asking for how Dragonator and CJP got on my list"
To be fair, *I'm* still curious as to how York got on your list.  I'm sure it's just because I'm not in the know, but it seemed as if, along with damning Gordon, the tree stump secretly and simultaneously relieved York of all suspicion, heh.

"At this point in the day Hornby had already achieved his majority to be lynched (including Vanderbilt) so there was no risk to spreading out the scum vote, see how day 1 is a prime example of the scum not being afraid to spread their vote."
Damned if he jumps on the popular vote, damned if he doesn't, eh?  :tongue:

"I addressed the folley of this attitude in my reply to Vanderbilt but it seems like you can't tell a scum not to act like a scum."
Wholeheartedly agree.  The rush to vote that we saw was just beyond stupid.  I quoted the folks who voted without any real reason other than that Wilder had started the vote.  Of those four, one is supposedly the protector, one's supposedly the investigator and my suspicions are never taken seriously about the third (I feel like I'm harping on this point. /whistle).  That leaves Francis.  It really didn't take much thought to see that the 'case' against Wheeler was paper thin (Remind me, why did you vote for him again? Heh), and yet everyone was jumping at the bit to vote for him.

"Decides not to come out with his suspicions, the least he could have done is deliver them to a relatively confirmed townie"
And to think, I wrote up a big speech because he accused me of being a hypocrite.  But really, I doubt he delivered them to a confirmed townie at all.  I'm quite sure that Wilder would have 'encouraged' him to raise his suspicions in public instead.  And since Wilder didn't come here saying "Francis came to me in private and I convinced him to go public, but he didn't actually go public', I think it's safe to draw the assumption that Francis definitely didn't approach Wilder, heh.

**Sarcasm because in the past you've had rather weak arguments and just said 'because it fits my list'  :tongue:   I really do approve of your case against Francis.

#60 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Mmm, I've had Francis on my list for a little while, although definitely my weakest suspect. With the arguments above in mind however, I would be happy with a vote for him, particularly since I'm less happy with the (rather hasty) vote we had going for Wheeler. It was certainly a good test to see reactions, and Francis didn't have a very convincing one.

Unvote: Lt Wheeler (Inconspicuous)

Plus he took his damn time saving me from a Smoker once.  :hmpf_bad:

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#61 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostDragonator, on 08 August 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Plus he took his damn time saving me from a Smoker once.  :hmpf_bad:
Pills here! :sweet:

#62 AwesomeStar

AwesomeStar

• Mystery Distraction

Member: 3245

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

-snip-

Okay, I don't really have the time right now to do a full write up but I'll do my best to address some of your points:

Uselessness: I'll admit I'm guilty of not having all that much to add on some days but really, what am I supposed to say? I have no PR and no connection to the town core so there's not really an awful lot for a vanilla to do really, especially at this stage of the game, except for going, "Oh god, not again!" each morning. I start each day knowing absolutely nothing other than that I'm still alive. Please enlighten me as to what I'm supposed to say, given my entirely useless role.

Bandwagons: Practically everyone has jumped on the bandwagon at the end of each day this game. Are you going to lynch them too? Nearly everyone in this thread must, by your logic, be scum.

"Expected vote against Gordon": .... Are you kidding me? :hmpf:  Gordon was investigated by the magic stump thingy and was revealed as scum, right there in the day thread. Not a single person didn't vote for him.

Not revealing my theories: I'm not about to send them to the vig considering the disastrous rate of success Wilder has been having lately... :sadnew:

That's all I have time for right now, I just hope you reconsider your votes. Oh and by the way, everyone just jumped on the bandwagon...

brickshelf   flickr

I played Kian Otherus in EBRP and finished as Lorraine Bailey in MOTEE.
I died as scum Chief Astrobiology Officer Richard Francis in Bob's Excalibur Mafia 2.0,
as scum Augustus "Gus" Staines in Noir Mafia and as snooty old Alfonso in Ditalini - Mystery Mafia...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Member: 3487

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant Wheeler / Inconspicous: 3 (Capt.JohnPaul, Masked Builder, AwesomeStar)
Lieutenant Francis / AwesomeStar: 5 (Waterbrick Down, Inconspicuous, Shadows, swils, Dragonator

6 votes are needed for a lynch today.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Click the Spock to see the guided tour through Lexington, my city.
Fleet Admiral Bob from Excalibur TNG: Mafia School!

Brickshelf

#64 fhomess

fhomess

• Vote: Officemate (Scum)

Member: 16014

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postswils, on 08 August 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Speaking of rickety, set-up wagons, Wilder, perhaps you could go one day without trying to bait people with that?
I haven't been setting up wagons... I've been posting suggestions and others have been running with them.  The intent has been to get some discussion going when everyone else is seemingly unwilling to do the same.  The methods may be questionable, but in each case, I think we've had useful conversation come out of them.

Or if Wilder can at least confirm that you've repeatedly requested it (multiple nights).
Hornby has asked a few times that I target Vanderbilt, a request I had ignored due to my own suspicions.

#65 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostAwesomeStar, on 08 August 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

That's all I have time for right now, I just hope you reconsider your votes. Oh and by the way, everyone just jumped on the bandwagon...
Ok, we'll be fair. We'll lynch you, and everybody else when this is done,

He really was trying to summarize. :sceptic:

#66 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well, with that little revelation.

Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#67 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant Wheeler / Inconspicous: 2 (Fugazi*LOCKED IN*, AwesomeStar)
Lieutenant Francis / AwesomeStar: 8 (Waterbrick Down, Inconspicuous, Shadows, swils, Dragonator, Capt.JohnPaul, fhomess, Masked Builder)

6 votes are needed for a lynch today. Thus, Lieutenant Francis / AwesomeStar has been lynched.

The day is now over. Send in night actions and don't lock this thread again like last time.  :sceptic:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Brickshelf

#68 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image

The townspeople crowded around Lieutenant Francis. In the background, the broken remains of Lieutenant Vanderbilt remained unattended to.  

"Alright Richard. You and your bowl haircut are about to be interrogated."

"Oh yeah? Well, you're gonna have to catch me first!"

Posted Image

He pushed by the security chief and rushed out of the room.

"Are you megablocking serious?" someone asked.

Posted Image

He entered the holo-dec, and appeared in a city street.

"Where the hell am I? This isn't what I asked for. I wanted a castle scene with the new Helms Deep set."

Posted Image

"There be trolls here, and I ain't talkin' bout the trolls on the Internets."

"Where the actual megabluck am I?"

Posted Image

"Alright Francis! It's all over!" Ensign Williams yelled.

"Give it up, we're standing directly in front of you giving you countless ways to escape!" Ensign Holloway said.

Posted Image

"Well, now I have an ax! Stay back, or I'll use this!"

"George, use your security weapon!" Holloway said.

"My what?" the security chief asked.

"Don't you have like a hand phaser or something?"

"No, what do I look like, the chief of security?"

Posted Image

*WHUMP*

Slowly the holodeck faded back to its original set, and Lieutenant Francis was taken to interrogation.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Brickshelf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users