Jump to content


FABULAND Builders Guild: Firuz Fox


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33424
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image

Hey kiddies,

Here's another creation from my FABULAND Builders Guild collection:

Posted Image


Firuz Fox is FABULAND's resident Alchemist. He mixes his concoctions and consults FABULAND's public on how to stay healthy in the FABULAND Apothecary. He sells his remedies and gives healthy living advice every day, but the people of FABULAND can't help but be suspicious of the mysterious and clever Alchemist. There are rumors that strange glows appear through the windows, late at night, illuminating the multi-colored bottles in the windows...

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


Check out the full gallery on BrickZone.net or Flickr.

I am getting ready for a FABULAND Mafia game later this month, so I'm refurbishing some of my older FABULAND MOCs. This one is an update of Dempsey Dog's Bookstore:

Posted Image


Edited by Rufus, 11 August 2012 - 10:18 AM.
Indexed!


#2 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

  • Benji! Did you hear? I'm a Bwobwic Human


    Posts: 2919
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19700

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

:wub:  Hinckley. Yet again you've managed to give Fabuland a dark and sophisticated look, but still retain that quirky Fabuland feel.  :wub:
And I can't wait for the Mafia, I can see a Baritones style Mafia, with Fabuland buildings! :wub:
Romulus Dean in Heroica RPG.

#3 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Experiencing difficulty...eth


    Posts: 6023
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

So awesome.  My favorite is the room with the grinding chalice (why can't I think of the right word) and the basket :wub:

This is TO cool.

Just want to add that the chandelier is great, I've seen it done a few times with wagon wheels but using that waterwheel side (really I forgot another word?) looks perfect.

#4 L@go

L@go

  • Awesome Sport!


    Posts: 1877
    Joined: 18-March 10
    Member: 9962
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

That's gorgeous. I like the use of the chest lids on each side of the door!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


flickr


#5 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33424
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 05 August 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

grinding chalice (why can't I think of the right word)

Mortar and pestle?

#6 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Experiencing difficulty...eth


    Posts: 6023
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostHinckley, on 05 August 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Mortar and pestle?
YES! Thank you. I don't know why that was escaping my mind. :wall:

#7 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33424
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 05 August 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

YES! Thank you. I don't know why that was escaping my mind. :wall:
:laugh: Probably because it's not a common household item. I wasn't even sure I had it right until I looked it up. And before I looked it up I had no idea which one was which. The mortar is the bowl. The pestle is the crushy thing, in this case, I just used the Collectable Minifig paintbrush.

#8 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Experiencing difficulty...eth


    Posts: 6023
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostHinckley, on 05 August 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

:laugh: Probably because it's not a common household item. I wasn't even sure I had it right until I looked it up. And before I looked it up I had no idea which one was which. The mortar is the bowl. The pestle is the crushy thing, in this case, I just used the Collectable Minifig paintbrush.
I have one sitting on my counter right now! That's the sad part. :laugh:

#9 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2554
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Oh, I love this :wub:. Such awesomeness, both on the outside and inside. The detailing on the facade is just :wub_drool:. Yeah, I can't find a suitable word... Nice use of the turntable bases. I was puzzled by the curvy brown thingies on the sides of the door though. They look great there, but what are they?

View PostL@go, on 05 August 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

That's gorgeous. I like the use of the chest lids on each side of the door!

Are they chest lids, really? Which chest lids? I can't make it fit in my head with the regular chest lid, that has studs on top... My mind is going crazy trying to figure this out here :sing:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#10 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6593
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Very nice creation, Hinckley.

I like the mysterious look and all the details you put in it! :thumbup:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#11 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4245
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Wow. :wub:

So I guess Firuz will be responsible for all resurrections in your mafia game? (because surely there will be resurrections, right? :wink:)


View PostCecilie, on 05 August 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Are they chest lids, really? Which chest lids? I can't make it fit in my head with the regular chest lid, that has studs on top... My mind is going crazy trying to figure this out here :sing:
It's the lid from the large 4x6 chest, which was originally a Fabuland part.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#12 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2554
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostQuarryman, on 05 August 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

It's the lid from the large 4x6 chest, which was originally a Fabuland part.

Right, never seen that one before. And it only appeared in one set in brown. Now I want some! :drool:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#13 Pandora

Pandora

  • Broke Quarry's heart


    Posts: 4158
    Joined: 05-February 11
    Member: 15845
    Country: EU

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

More beautiful and seamless weaving of FABULAND into a more contemporary build.   :wub:

The different shades of green are lovely; the FABULAND roof and the dark green windows, and all the creeping greenery on the sides of the building.  The wood panelling effect either side of the doors makes it feel like a well-kept 'olde shoppe' and the different colours for the stonework look so good together.  The turntable bases add a great detail to the outside.  It's great to see all the different coloured jars and bottles through the window, and the detailing inside once more mixes old FABULAND with newer parts.  Lots of detailing!

It's all just... lovely.  :wub_drool:



And yes, I spotted the frog(s). :laugh:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


A link to all my Reviews and other stuff about me can be found on my "About Me" page, and pics are on flickr


Posted Image


#14 takuto20

takuto20

    Posts: 134
    Joined: 21-January 05
    Member: 184
    Country: Taiwan

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Great build. I want FABULAND to return!!!

#15 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Gungans taste like chicken


    Posts: 21406
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

AWESOME piece of work 'Hinckley', the interior is wonderful......so when is the Fox getting a call to teach at Hogwarts ? :grin:
Brick On in cute Fabuland 'Hinckley' ! :grin:

#16 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

  • Technic Hall of Fame Editor


    Posts: 6141
    Joined: 22-November 09
    Member: 8292
    Country: Scotland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

Very nice house Hinckley.:classic:
Are those fubuland roof pieces that you used for the roof?
Posted Image

Updated 10/03/15
Posted Image

#17 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 17044
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hinck, you have outdone yourself again. And, I certainly love the Fabulastic touch of the chandelier.  :wub:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#18 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

    Posts: 1179
    Joined: 01-July 11
    Member: 18793
    Country: United States

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

This is great Hinckley. I really love the colors and how they give it such a warm feeling to the building.

The trees and greenery look great along with the stonework. Once again, I love your Fabuland MOCS.  :wub:

#19 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33424
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

Look at me! I made the front page! Thanks Rufus! :wub_drool:

View PostQuarryman, on 05 August 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

So I guess Firuz will be responsible for all resurrections in your mafia game? (because su
Of course! All those bottles are just different colors of resurrection juice! :grin: Every character comes back to life to play again.

View PostCecilie, on 05 August 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Right, never seen that one before. And it only appeared in one set in brown. Now I want some! :drool:
Sorry I wasn't around earlier to clear that up, though I'm glad you've got the answer. It is a great piece, isn't it? I didn't realize it was only in one set in brown! Where'd I get five of them? :look: FABULAND hoarder... That piece was the whole basis for this creation. I've been wanting to use it that way for some time and also thinking FABULAND needed an Apothecary. Voila, I got this!

View PostPandora, on 05 August 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

More beautiful and seamless weaving of FABULAND into a more contemporary build.   :wub:

The different shades of green are lovely; the FABULAND roof and the dark green windows, and all the creeping greenery on the sides of the building.  The wood panelling effect either side of the doors makes it feel like a well-kept 'olde shoppe' and the different colours for the stonework look so good together.  The turntable bases add a great detail to the outside.  It's great to see all the different coloured jars and bottles through the window, and the detailing inside once more mixes old FABULAND with newer parts.  Lots of detailing!

It's all just... lovely.  :wub_drool:

And yes, I spotted the frog(s). :laugh:
Thanks! :look: Frogs? Are there frogs in there? :wink: They're obligatory you know. I have to come up with a new conversion clue. The brown frog will be way too obvious now, don't you think?

View PostAlasdair Ryan, on 06 August 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Are those fubuland roof pieces that you used for the roof?
They sure are! The full piece comes apart from the base, so that is just the top

View PostWhiteFang, on 06 August 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hinck, you have outdone yourself again. And, I certainly love the Fabulastic touch of the chandelier.  :wub:
I, of course, was thinking of you when I was building it. Will you be playing The Forest II?

#20 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11419
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostHinckley, on 06 August 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Thanks! :look: Frogs? Are there frogs in there? :wink: They're obligatory you know. I have to come up with a new conversion clue. The brown frog will be way too obvious now, don't you think?

:laugh:  :sceptic:  :hmpf_bad:

An awesome MOC!  I wish I was around for Fabuland, or had the money to spend on Bricklink, because your MOCs always inspire me.  I love the griding used outside (the turning pieces without their turning circles... I know I've seen the technic before, but I still love it in this) and the window up top and in the center is awesome.  You must have a blast figuring out how to combine cool effects with small lego pieces and mixing in real bulky Fabuland pieces, and it shows, because it always looks awesome.   :thumbup:

And of course, I have high expectations for the Forest II.  We all play as Frogs and every time there is a conversion a Fabuland figure appears and brings back four dead players for the Mason who is the only true townie, but also an NPC.  Also, everyone has three faces that change every two days and our powers change on nights that are multiples of 2.3.  Finally, I HAVE to assume that there will be at least 17 factions, all of whom can convert each night, and votes only count if you proxy them to the "Flexible Feline" first.  No player will know who the Flexible Feline is, not even the "Flexible Feline".  Also, explosive apples.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#21 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33424
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

View PostZepher, on 06 August 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

And of course, I have high expectations for the Forest II.  We all play as Frogs and every time there is a conversion a Fabuland figure appears and brings back four dead players for the Mason who is the only true townie, but also an NPC.  Also, everyone has three faces that change every two days and our powers change on nights that are multiples of 2.3.  Finally, I HAVE to assume that there will be at least 17 factions, all of whom can convert each night, and votes only count if you proxy them to the "Flexible Feline" first.  No player will know who the Flexible Feline is, not even the "Flexible Feline".  Also, explosive apples.
At least one of those predictions is accurate.

#22 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

  • SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!


    Posts: 3019
    Joined: 13-March 11
    Member: 16567
    Country: ▒♠▒

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Really fantastic build.  I love how with a few simple pieces you were totally able to pull off a Fabuland build...
I really liked the subtle use of the rounds on the top windows... adds just that little touch of detail  :wub:

And it looks super fun to build in Fabuland... Though difficult... I tried some tablescrapes early this year - it did not turn out well :rofl:

So hats off to you! Well done!  :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#23 Ferrik

Ferrik

    Posts: 821
    Joined: 26-February 11
    Member: 16252
    Country: Australia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

This looks absolutely amazing. :wink: I especially liked all the variety of plants and the interior decorations.
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#24 Rick

Rick

  • Where's My Ostrich?


    Posts: 8524
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

I don't have too much to add to what's been said already. I like how you used the dark green windows and especially the transition from the ground floor to the first floor. And there's so much to look at on the inside. The chandelier looks great, especially for such a relatively simple build. A blue orb... :look:  but that little basket with the knife and bones upstairs looks most ominous...

Great build Hinck, and great to see the FBG alive and kicking. :drool:

#25 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 17044
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostHinckley, on 06 August 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

I, of course, was thinking of you when I was building it. Will you be playing The Forest II?
Of course, Hinck! 'Edgar' will be glad to join in the next sequel!  :grin:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users