WIP: Xebec Trader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic  – Started by Vladimir Leonov , Aug 03 2012 06:16 PM

#1 Vladimir Leonov

Vladimir Leonov

Member: 7263

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

This is my double masted merchant Xebec. Right now she features four crew members, two cargo holds, a removable quarterdeck to reveal a small crew quarters, as well as a lifting crane and a small cannon for defense from scurvy ridden pirates! I haven't named it yet, and I still want to make improvements and modifications (need to buy a few things), plus take any suggestions from you guys! I'd like to make the aft a little prettier and I was going to try to get some prince of persia guys and make them arab traders.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

What a coincidence, I just finished a ship very similar to yours, also a two-master built on small hull sections, it's a polacca (which looks a lot like a xebec) I even used ladders to cover the hold  :pir_laugh2:
Anyway, I don't have much experience on Xebecs yet but this one might inspire you (link).
(you can find more in the index btw).

Edited by Sebeus I, 03 August 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#3 IamF4u5t

IamF4u5t

Member: 20222

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

lol, a little off-topic, but i really have to say it:

@Sebeus - how often i now have already read of yours smth like this "nice ship, i just funished smth similar to yours" xD   well, i really dont mean it in a bad way, it is just funny.

to the moc - i would suggest at first another color sheme, it is very personal up to everybodys taste, but i especially like the color shemes that the pirates II series had and pirates of the carrebean sets and the ships 6274, 6285, 6271. i think u now have too many colors, especially in the cabin.
also the masts should be a little higher.

#4 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostIamF4u5t, on 04 August 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

lol, a little off-topic, but i really have to say it:

@Sebeus - how often i now have already read of yours smth like this "nice ship, i just funished smth similar to yours" xD   well, i really dont mean it in a bad way, it is just funny.

I guess so, I can't help mentionning you know  :pir-grin:

#5 Vladimir Leonov

Vladimir Leonov

Member: 7263

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

I added some paper sails for effect. ^_^ I'd like to make some cloth sails but don't want to commit until the design is finalized.

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Sebeus Nice! Polacca would me an interesting design, I'd like to see how you worked it. I've been eager to make a Xebec style, just because I've been sorta mesmerized by the overall shape of the vessels since I first started learning about them. And that is a great example! It makes me feel jealous and inferior.

@IamF4u5t I'm not fond of the colors right now either, but I'm reaching into what feels like the bottom of the barrel these days :p The cabin is especially awful, I intend to redesign it, which will likely include raising the deck somewhat, giving me more room to work with inside. As for mast height, they could use a little extension, but at the same time the Xebec style sort of allows for short masts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links