Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Review: SDCC 2012 Hobbit Bilbo exclusive

My friend was kind enough to get me a Bilbo figure from SDCC last month. I just got it last weekend. From what she told me, you have to go around the convention and collect the pieces to assemble Bilbo. It comes in a small burlap sack.

Here are the pics.

_dsc0061.jpg

_dsc0062.jpg

_dsc0063.jpg

Back printing and head printing

_dsc0064.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! Bilbo's torso and head printing, like the rest of the LOTR figs, is outstanding. I'm glad we're getting this same Bilbo in The Hobbit sets soon! :classic: The burlap sack it comes in looks very nice too, very Tolkien-esque. :thumbup:

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :classic:

The Bilbo figure looks great. Is that the same hair color as Sam's? :look:

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :classic:

The Bilbo figure looks great. Is that the same hair color as Sam's? :look:

I dont know. I will check my sam when I get home.

I caved and got this on eBay, even though I know full well the Bilbo minifig will be released soon. Like purpleparadox said, the sack and map were just so Tolkien-esque that I couldn't pass it up.

Speaking of which, did you get the map as well?

Thanks for the pictures! Bilbo's torso and head printing, like the rest of the LOTR figs, is outstanding. I'm glad we're getting this same Bilbo in The Hobbit sets soon! :classic: The burlap sack it comes in looks very nice too, very Tolkien-esque. :thumbup:

I love the all the hobbits toros, they're useful in so many other themes.

I used the spare sting and ring from the LOTR spider set.

That works too, I suppose. :P

Wish I could've gone to San Diego, but I had to do chemistry last month.

Wish I could have gone to the SCCC, but it is a long drive from New Jersey. :laugh: Nice review.

Edited by BrickPicker

No. I didn't get the map.

Aw, too bad. It's a neat little extra.

Yes Sam and Bilbo have the same hair.

Hm...when I compared them, they looked slightly different to me. Could've just been the lighting though.

Bilbo's pretty cool. I would've liked to see Dark Tan hair, though.

Nice to see close-ups. I think Bilbo looks very similar to Sam due to the colour of hair and clothing, only. I'm looking forward to see Bilbo's adventuring version and will pick up both (presumably in Bag End and Riddles).

How anybody can pay 100+ $ on this Minifigure (which we'll get in a few months in an amazing set) is beyond my comprehension, though.

Nice to see close-ups. I think Bilbo looks very similar to Sam due to the colour of hair and clothing, only. I'm looking forward to see Bilbo's adventuring version and will pick up both (presumably in Bag End and Riddles).

How anybody can pay 100+ $ on this Minifigure (which we'll get in a few months in an amazing set) is beyond my comprehension, though.

That is nothing. An eBay auction just ended for a Nerf blaster. It ended at over $1,200 USD. It will come out sometime in the next couple months. That is just crazy stupid.