Rocks & Shoals

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic  – Started by Horry , Aug 02 2012 12:52 AM

#26 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Question: in the XL tables you need to decide wether your ship is built below waterline or not...
how does this work for a ship built on prefab hulls ?

And another thing, so far my ship doesn't seem to be very fast; only 5,1 knots, maybe that's because I don't have enough sails  :pir-sceptic:
Btw, it's the Intersector I'm talking about.
Just to be sure, the beam is the widest part of the hull right ?

I also weighed my ship and then I see the cannons make up additional weight, it's kind of strange because my ship is 76 tons (scaled) while the cannons make 24,8 tons. confusing proportions I must say, maybe I did something wrong.
:pir_wacko:

Edited by Sebeus I, 10 September 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Horry

Horry
  • He's back!

Member: 16842

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostSebeus I, on 10 September 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Question: in the XL tables you need to decide wether your ship is built below waterline or not...
how does this work for a ship built on prefab hulls ?

And another thing, so far my ship doesn't seem to be very fast; only 5,1 knots, maybe that's because I don't have enough sails  :pir-sceptic:
Btw, it's the Intersector I'm talking about.
Just to be sure, the beam is the widest part of the hull right ?

I also weighed my ship and then I see the cannons make up additional weight, it's kind of strange because my ship is 76 tons (scaled) while the cannons make 24,8 tons. confusing proportions I must say, maybe I did something wrong.
:pir_wacko:

Sorry, I only noticed your reply now! prefabs are considered to be not built below the waterline. 76 tons would indeed be a light-weight and might explain the low speed. If you would give your measured specs I will check it out.
Greetings from the horrible Horry!
New to Eurobricks? Don't get lost, read the site guidelines

Posted Image

Have a look on my tutorials on cannon fortifications caravels ship specs frigates and small ships

#28 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostHorry, on 12 September 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Sorry, I only noticed your reply now! prefabs are considered to be not built below the waterline. 76 tons would indeed be a light-weight and might explain the low speed. If you would give your measured specs I will check it out.
Hull length= 46 cm
beam=12,5 cm
Weight = 1 kg
Square-Rigged Sail Area = 900 cm2
Lateen-Rigged Sail Area = 400 cm2
12 lb Long Gun x 12

When I open the tables it does say there's something it can't solve, yet there are results for draft, speed and square movements.
This is kind of lame but perhaps I should just make the ship heavier...by litterally putting some weight in the hold  :pir-grin:
I made the Intersector with quite a minimalistic vision.

Edited by Sebeus I, 12 September 2012 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links