Heroica RPG - First Anniversary Lottery

50 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

Heroica Hall is bustling with life as word of a special event spreads among the heroes. All those not on a quest gather to the stone floor of the great hall. Then a group of imposing figures appear to the balcony above the crowd. A man in a black cape and an adorned helmet addresses them.

Posted Image

“I, Dragonlord of the Veterans, summon all of you heroes of Heroica, both those here with me in the Hall at this moment and those questing far away in distant lands, for it is time to celebrate! Many of you might not know this, but a year ago, our organization faced a great tragedy. We lost the majority of our champions in an unfortunate chain of events, and the Six Houses of Eubric were ready to deem us a lost case and cut our funding completely. But we recovered, slowly but steadily, and now we prosper, with our ranks larger than ever in the 250 year history of Heroica. It is all thanks to you and your endeavours in spreading heroism into every corner of Olegaia.

Your quests have taken you far and wide, from the High Kingdoms all the way to Salmanda, although you have done most good here in Eubric Freeport, the city that is now your home. The Six Houses look favourably at us again, and even the wily Wolfgang has begun to respect our authority. Many of you are currently involved in the internal struggles of Dastan, the land of my ancestors, and I believe this will not be the last time the empire will turn to our organization. Perhaps one day we will build another Hall in Drakencourt, as well.

So it is with deepest delight and greatest gratitude that we Veterans offer these festivities to you, brave champions. To celebrate properly, we have decided to organize a lottery for all willing participants. The prizes vary from useful items to gems to scrolls and we’ve even added a unique artefact. Miss Valentine Ziegfried has kindly offered to handle all communication with the champions who are currently on quests. So worry not, you will get your prize z-mailed to you anywhere in the world.

Just send us a slip of paper with your name on it to act as a ticket, and we’ll get the lottery started!”

RULES:

- All players of Heroica RPG may participate into the raffle, no matter if they are currently on a quest or not. New players are welcome to participate as well.
- Confirm your character's participation by posting in-character to this topic before the 8th of August, 2012. The post can be about how your character finds out about the lottery and sends their slip of paper, for example.
- The lottery will take place one week from now, on the 8th of August. The 20 main prizes listed below will be dealt to the lucky winners. One player can only win one prize.
- If you win an item from the raffle, you can add it to your character's inventory immediately (thanks to the magical "Z-Mail").
- If you have any questions about the lottery, please ask them at the Rules & Discussion -topic, not here.

LIST OF PRIZES:
Posted ImageHealth Core – Restores full health.
Posted ImageEther Core – Restores full ether.
Posted ImagePhoenix Incense – Revives all knocked out party members to full health during a battle.
Posted ImageAmethyst – Enables darkness-elemental spells.
Posted ImageAquamarine – Enables water-elemental spells.
Posted ImageDiamond – Enables light-elemental spells.
Posted ImageEmerald – Enables wood-elemental spells.
Posted ImageGarnet – Enables earth-elemental spells.
Posted ImageOpal – Enables ice-elemental spells.
Posted ImageRuby – Enables fire-elemental spells.
Posted ImageSapphire – Enables wind-elemental spells.
Posted ImageTopaz – Enables lightning-elemental spells.
Posted ImageScroll of Blindness – Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageScroll of Confusion – Enables casting the confused-effect to the target for the next three rounds, during which it has a 50% chance of targeting an ally instead of its opponents. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageScroll of Frailty - Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageScroll of Sealing – Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making it unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageScroll of Sleep – Enables casting the sleep-effect to the target, forcing it to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageScroll of Weakening - Enables casting the weakened-effect to the target, halving its level for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.
Posted ImageMythril Shard – One quarter of a full Mythril ore, used for mythrilizing weapons.
Posted ImageAnniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory) – Power +1, SP +1, Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#2 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Member: 20641

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

As Arasmyth was about to agree with the ranger that the War Quarter was the next stop on their checklist, he was cut off by a flurry of pink letters flying into the midst of the party. Picking up one of the envelopes and opening it, he quickly skimmed the letter from the "Dragonlord" character, then signed his name at the bottom and sent it back to participate.

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

#3 Jedi master Brick

Jedi master Brick

Member: 17806

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Elgar was listing to the graceful songs of the bard singerson when he recived a Z mail "This is odd." he mumbled "I thought the trial period was over". After he read the Z mail he sent the note showing his willingness to enter the lottery. He crossed his fingers in the hope to get a prize.

Edited by Jedi master Brick, 01 August 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image[bElgar Gligin, [/b]human, 24 years old, level 22 2/3 druid in Heroica RPG
Jeddam Ashenbow in Sandy's Cruel angel's theis

#4 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

As Arthur prepared to face off against the beasts of Chaos, he was suddenly interrupted by a flurry of pink letters.  "I'm going to kill that witch...!" He growled.  Seeing the announcement from the Veterans, he quickly signed his name in participation with the added note to Valentine: This isn't over... --Arthur J. Regulus VII

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#5 Tanma

Tanma

Member: 20377

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

IC: As De'kra raced towards the battle in the Throne Room, he spotted one of the pink paper objects floating at him. As he ran he leapt forward, and caught the item with a roll. As he flipped out of the roll and continued his sprint towards the skirmish, the echo signed up for the contest.

OOC: good luck to all participants

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

#6 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Whimiscal To The Extreme

Member: 21005

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Guts, while dodging the cogs and other swinging and moving parts of the clock in which he was fighting, suddenly noticed a pink enveloppe, gently falling down to him from above. The old man would have recognized it everywhere: Z-mail. Magical stuff, but useful, and it had not proven to be deadly. Yet.

Jumping up to avoid a swinging piece of machinery, Guts took the letter out of it's enveloppe. He then had to roll to avoid losing his head to some grinding gears, before he could read it. Quickly skimming the letter, Guts stopped for a second to jump backwards, to avoid a cog that came crashing down from above.

Finally, in a rare quiet moment in the madness, the raider could fully read what was going on. A lottery, aye? Hmpf, the Veterans could have better put the money it had taken to organize this in better equipment, or expanding the organization. Still, a chance for something useful to help him in this... weird... dream... thing...

While the machinery started to whirl up again, Guts frantically looked for a pen and a piece of paper to sign up.

Posted Image

#7 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

• All Systems Go!

Member: 16378

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

As Haldor took a draught of mead while sitting in the bar, a peculiar note launched from behind him onto the wooden table that the Nord was propping up. With a clash and bang, the half-full glass was knocked aside in the wake of yet another magical letter flying past. Haldor grasped one quickly, before anymore damage could be done, and read the contents of the note. Something about a lottery, Haldor read. But what the hell was a lottery anyway? The Norseman scrawled his name in large letters accross the piece of paper, without thinking for a moment what he was signing up for.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]

#8 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Member: 3197

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

L'Oreal Diablo suddenly hears a name hissed in the wind during his battle with Russel. "Dragonlord" it whispers...

A letter flutters towards him in the air. He snatches at it, signs his name, and tosses it back into the wind (where it travels back to the appropriate location). Smiling and crossing his fingers for luck, he jumps back into the fray.

Posted Image

L'Oréal Diablo : Level 3 Rogue

Power: 6 Health: 9/9 Gold: 41

Inventory: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3), Bedroll, Potion (x2), Tonic, Cowl

Have a look at my Flickr page!

Howdy! I'm currently playing as Abigail Nelson in Tammo's Silver City Mafia!

#9 Endgame

Endgame

• Welp you dead

Member: 20312

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Mid-swing at one of the Croise's pawns, a pink letter manifests itself right where my fanblades had been. An inch lower and it'd currently be lying in pieces. As the battle slows, I open it and read it, advertising a raffle of sort. The letter comes with a piece of stationary and a pen to write with. Seeing as I haven't written anything in 266 years, my penmanship was... horrendous. Eye-scarring. Soul-crushing, even.

Posted Image

Syntax starts chastising me in the back of my head.

"Ahahaha, oh wow. let me give it a shot, Brickspeare."

Posted Image

I seal the letter, and, begrudgingly, mumble that stupid catchphrase: "I got Z-mail." Harumph.

Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Currently hosting Quest #97: Infestation and Quest #99: Six Thousand Feet Under

#10 Palathadric

Palathadric

• Makes other members' internet speeds seem ridiculously fast

Member: 19379

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Reading from the scroll of sealing in an attempt to seal the death progg, I suddenly begin readying what seems like an invitation to a raffle. As I read, I use my quill to make sure that I'm not missing my line. "What the devil is this magic? It reminds me of that 'I've got Z-mail' rub--" the paper disappears whilst in my hands, but not before I realize that I had accidentally signed my name whilst trailing the line. "God no! I've just signed up for a lottery!"

PS: Need I say that my sealing didn't come off. :hmpf:
They that love God will never meet for the last time.
This life isn't the end. We will meet again.
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Brickshelf Account
See my work in the Official Lego sets made in LDraw topic

#11 RPGer

RPGer

Member: 25899

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Durkon notices the lottery and sends in the form with his name on it, hoping to win a diamond.

I'm a Christian and proud of it

Won as Scummy Rapunzel in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia.

Playing as Czech Varsev, 41 year-old elvish Ranger in Heroica RPG.

#12 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Vic-Viper Valedictorian

Member: 10293

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Alexis gathers with the few heroes who are still in the hall and listens to the Founder's Announcement.  She has no idea what a 'lottery' is but signs up for it anyways.  Free stuff isn't bad.

"Now where did Althior get off too?"
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 41.25 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #89
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#13 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

As the two pressed North, the little Rogue was outpacing Thothwick, despite the latter being twice the size of the former.

"My word, age really has caught up with me!"

As he looked down, stopping but for a second to try and catch his breath, he saw a pink piece of paper on the floor, addressed to him. Thothwick scanned it excitedly, hearing of Miss Valentine Ziegfried's form of communication, and misjudging whom it was from. Realising it was lottery, organised by one of the Heroica Veterans, he signed up for it, intrigued at the prospect, but disappointed in himself for letting his hopes rise.

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

#14 Sisco

Sisco

• Golden Amusement Park

Member: 8341

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Jess looked up from her flagon of beer as she heard tell of the lottery.
"Free stuff is free, eh?" Jess exclaimed as she signed her name on a piece of paper and sent it to the lottery box.
"I love free stuff..." Jess mumbled to Haldor as she took another swig of her drink.
Heroica Stats
Currently Playing as Sigrid in TinyPie's Ragnarok Now Redux.
Won as the Sithy Sith Ili Seosty in K-Nut's and MB's Jedi Temple Mafia.
Won as the Dark One Craig Otoko In Def's The Coming Darkness.
Won
as the only survivor (loyal) Amy Leeds in Village of the Bloody Damned.
Died as Servant of Loki Sigmund in TinyPies' Ragnarok Now Mafia.
Died as Loyal Townie happy-go-lucky firefighter Craig Boy in Eurodina Mafia.
Died loyal in PoP Mafia Game.
Died as Alex Jordan in Bob's Suburbia.
Survived 'till the end but still mourns his wife, Valerie as Ralph Jenkins in Red Scare Mystery.
Wanna know more about me? Check out my Profile!

#15 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Member: 7199

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

"Er, well, Arthur, she predicted this entire battle in the first place, a-" Atramor was cut short, Vipera's vision of the mage consumed in a storm of pink paper. He blinked. Another, smaller storm of gaudy stationary fell from the ceiling of the throne room. He held his hand up to the Rogue Lion Commander as he snatched one, reading over it with some difficulty.

"...Hm....I see several mentions of free stuff. Yes, this'll do great..."

He scribbled a large A.G using the venom exuded from Ratsbane, and the paper vanished. He returned his attention to the battle at hand, with a shrug.

Edited by CallMePie, 01 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 31 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
CallMePie, Imperial Snowtrooper in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

#16 JimButcher

JimButcher

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hybros concentrated on hitting the Cogs, when suddenly a pink envelope flew out of the mist of the dream and hit him the head. "What the hell...?" This was the second time he had encountered Z-Mail while on a quest, and he guessed that Doc had sent it into the dream when it arrived at the Great Gruffington's manor. He quickly read what one of the veterans had to say, and signed his name with a pen that appeared in his hand. He held the envelope out and it disappeared into the mist once again.  

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Assassin in the Heroica RPG
Stats | Bio
Flickr  

#17 Quarryman

Quarryman

• Old gray 1x4 tile anal-retentive control freak

Member: 1620

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Patiently waiting for Tesni and Eric to decide what artifacts to get from Sir Favarious' rich collection Namyrra suddenly noticed three pink envelopes floating down towards them. "What kind of sillyness is this old fool up to now..." she mumbled "he surely is a few kittens short of a litter this one.."

But as she opened up one of the envelopes she realized this wasn't some stupid trick from Sir Favarious, but rather an invitation to enter a lottery in Heroica. Obviously no Fenarian would ever openly enter a raffle or lottery due to the immense shame it was to be caught as a foolish dreamer unable to understand the simplest of statistics, but Namyrra still felt like she should enter. With no other Fenarians anywhere nearby it should be safe. Carefully checking to see if Tesni or Eric had noticed she hastily scribbled down her name on the note, put it back in the envelope and watched it disappear with a tiny "poof" sound.

#18 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

• Benji! Did you hear? I'm a Bwobwic Human

Member: 19700

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Lycan noticed a slip appear in front of his face, as he was preparing to throw his bomb." A lottery eh? Worth a try."Lycan sends back the slip, with his name on.
Romulus Dean in Heroica RPG.

#19 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• On a Title Roll

Member: 11254

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Calmly standing behind the protection of my shield, I read the letter that appears in the middle of battle. I'm not one to gamble, but there appears to be no cost to entering this 'Anniversary Lottery', so I sign my name and enter.

#20 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Cheap Fiddle

Member: 9860

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Oh great Ennoc, please heal Cronk's friends so that Cronk can bash evil...

What?  A Raffle?  Cronk like free stuff.  Cronk signs up.

Now where was Cronk?  Oh yes.  Oh great Ennoc...

#21 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

One week ago a seer foretold that Siercon would be deep in the midst of a dangerous quest on this raffle-day! Fortunately they planned ahead, and wrote out on a little parchment "Siercon!" so that even while away, he could enter. So now intrenched in war (against a crab) he crosses his fingers hoping for an anniversary medal, scroll, or mythril shard :D

Edited by Siercon and Coral, 01 August 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#22 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Alexandre, currently defending a room in Dastan, has a vision of a raffle. He said a quick prayer, signing him up.
Posted ImagePosted Image    Posted Image Posted Image
Heroica Statistics

Forever York, in Bob's Excalibur Mafia
Capriccia Gianpaolo ~ 123 years old female vampire ~ Level 11 Cleric

#23 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• Likes pinching Klingons

Member: 5222

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Sylph was aroused from his feigned slumber by the shouts and applause of the members of the Hall.
"what's this?" he mumbled groggily. "Ah, a festival of sorts, honoring the passing of the old year. I see no reason not to sign up for the raffle."

"Why are you talking to yourself?" asks someone.

Eric Escalus, Handsome Punk, in Trumpet's CMF Mafia!

Posted Image
Sylph Solanum:  Level 222/3 Druid
Here's my Flickr account.
/|\_M_/|\
|

#24 posades

posades

• Unknown Entity +9999

Member: 4353

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Xander noticed a pink slip of paper nestled in the back pocket of his satchel.  He did not know how it got there, but he read its contents and decided to oblige, writing his name on the piece of paper and sending it back via Z-mail.

Per aspera ad astra.

Xander Unth'or, lv 30 Hunter - Heroica RPG

#25 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

Member: 27305

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

In the middle of arguing over which Death Progg was real, Erik was hit in the face by a note. He quickly read it, and signed up.
"Now what do I do with this? Maybe it's got something to do with why Sir Pretzel was mumbling earlier," He mutters. He tries to think back to what Pretzel had said. "I want free loot? No, that wasn't it. I'm completely insane? Nah, wasn't that. Oh, I remember. What the Progg is this magic? Something something something Z-Male? Z-Mail?" *POOF*

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users