BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

I just found this article on brickwiki:2007 Castle - Brickwiki It gives details about the rumoured new 2007 castle line. I dont know if there is any truth to it, it looks like the page was last edited on December 15th (yesterday)

I wish it were true....

Forestmen?

Black falcon knights?

Sounds like a bit too much like what rabid AFOLs are asking for. Count me skeptical, but hopeful.

I like the Medevil Town idea. :)

I doubt it's true, the SpongeBob sets turned out to be iffy too.

And what's with the numbing... 25--? odd numbers.

Here is the article from the link:

LEGO will release a brand new revamped castle line starting June/July 2007. The initial release will consist of 5 sets making up 2 'factions'. One faction will be the Falcon Knights, loosely based on the falcon faction of the 80s and 90s with a similar black/blue color scheme. The second faction will be the Merry Men, a band of forestmen/outlaws. There will also be several 'civilians' included in the sets. The preliminary sets will include: 2501: Caravan Ambush 2502: Falcon Guard House 2509: Outlaw Hideout 2511: Medieval Town (temporary name) 2512: Lord Falcon's Mountain Fortress There is no piece count for these sets yet. Names and reference numbers are still subject to change.

Could this be true? I'm not too sure but it would really be exciting if we see Forestmen once again.

There IS a new Castle theme coming in 2007, but that's not it . . .

...but what is it then? - do you have any information on that topic?

I hate when poeple go.. Well there are going to be sets and they look amazing, but that's all I can say. Then just kerep your mouth shut if you aren't going to share everything.

He wasn't running his mouth off, he was ending a rumor before it got too many people's hopes up. There IS a difference. He wasn't rubbing things in people's faces, he was trying to correct something. He's right, that isn't what the new castle series will be, but I'm sure everyone will love what they're coming out with just as much (though I do love the black falcons...)

Anyway, just don't jump all over people when they're just trying to help :-|

Sorry if I am missing something here... Didn't EuroBricks used to be the place for new (OK leaked) information?

At least that is what I rely on it mostly for (being a Classic-Castler). I should add though, you are a great bunch of folks, real friendly and all. Still small enough to know the regulars pretty well.

So why aren't we discussing about what is known from those of you who have the 411? Ofcourse I am asking for my own selfish reasons :-P

Info now or later...either way I am pretty excited about the possibilities.

Sorry if I am missing something here... Didn't EuroBricks used to be the place for new (OK leaked) information?

At least that is what I rely on it mostly for (being a Classic-Castler). I should add though, you are a great bunch of folks, real friendly and all. Still small enough to know the regulars pretty well.

So why aren't we discussing about what is known from those of you who have the 411? Ofcourse I am asking for my own selfish reasons :-P

Info now or later...either way I am pretty excited about the possibilities.

"Used to be" is correct.

I think with the success and growth of EB came, as is usual when a small upstart gets into the bigtime, a certain loss of the "rebel spirit" that made this the place for real news (not Lego Company approved leaks). Now there is a certain sense of "not wanting to piss off the Lego Company" that has made EB not post real leaks or advance info.

We have discussed it before, and I understand why they do this, but personally I think this is a mistake. In exchange for this loss of independence, EB gets the occasional bone tossed it way, like a 3 days advance notice on the Spongebob series, or whatever. Totally not worth it.

For the price of an irrelevant advance notices, TLC bought the silence of EB.

OK Jipay, you can shoot me now.

We already knew there was going to be a new Castle series in 2007. It's not helpful saying "That's not it" because saying that means you know other info that isn't being shared.

We already knew there was going to be a new Castle series in 2007. It's not helpful saying "That's not it" because saying that means you know other info that isn't being shared.

I'm perfectly happy with Sam saying that, I now know not to trust that information there.

The 25--s is a weird choice.

Glyman - Interesting...

I just wonder where any of this information comes from at all, I did Journalism at Uni & one of the golden rules are - if it's not sourced then it's not true ;-)

"Used to be" is correct.

I think with the success and growth of EB came, as is usual when a small upstart gets into the bigtime, a certain loss of the "rebel spirit" that made this the place for real news (not Lego Company approved leaks). Now there is a certain sense of "not wanting to piss off the Lego Company" that has made EB not post real leaks or advance info.

We have discussed it before, and I understand why they do this, but personally I think this is a mistake. In exchange for this loss of independence, EB gets the occasional bone tossed it way, like a 3 days advance notice on the Spongebob series, or whatever. Totally not worth it.

OK Jipay, you can shoot me now.

I have nothing particular to say about that and I don't shoot people X-D I have my reasons, made some choices and it turned out that I was right

TLC does have the power to shut EB down. Not only that, they could sue the owner (i.e. jipay), too, or drown him in so much bureaucracy that he'd give up sooner or later. Forget about the "anonymous internet", it isn't anonymous.

When you're a small group that doesn't bother you, you just start anew. jipay is rebel enough he didn't care in the beginning. But once EB grew to a certain size and was a known source for (any sort of) information he had to make a decision where to go with EB. And he made it. We have to accept that.

We'll never know where EB would be if he had chosen differently. But maybe it wouldn't be here anymore at all. And this is not just meeting trouble halfway, those were real decisions that had to be taken, even if it's still "just a platform to share a hobby"...

This discussion is going rather off topic I would say....

So back to the topic, it would be super to get another castle theme next year.

But do we have any facts?! Where does all this info come from? Does anyone have a (reliable) source?

Note: First time I hear about Brickwiki. Eurobricks doesn't seem to be in the "websites" category yet 8-|

1) i think if this were true, the (CC-)ambassadors would have indicated that it is. that's the way it happened with the space sets, i guess that's the way Lego is going to work in the future. For us, the EB-community, if the ambassadors don't confirm news, or any other very very very good source, like Sam, then i think it's safe to say it's not true until one of the sources mentioned above decides to confirm the news at one point.

2) the news sounds to good to be true anyway :-X

Jipay and me might be Rebels... And there where a huge amount of work for both of us... Remember in the start there where two guys that posted regular, guess who ;-)

But all the work I think have bin worth, im happy with the site, and im glad people will post here... so..

Thank you all for making this site a great one :-$ *sweet*

PS. bonaparte the off topic thing is a part of the of The EB spirit, and sometimes things need to be made cleer :-)

Well let's say there will be a new castle line. Let's also say it won't be any classic like described

That's good. Too bad, a mountain fortress these days would be interesting. Sure would have a lot of BURPs.

Well let's say there will be a new castle line. Let's also say it won't be any classic like described

Well, at least we will be seeing a new castle line. We can only hope it's a good one not in the fashion of KK.

I wish that was what the theme would be! Wikipedia is the best site ever, and also the worst site ever. I expect people to vandalize articles on Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy or George W. Bush with information like "George Bush came out of the closet in late 2006", but I didn't think people made up things about Lego lol. Although its harder to use gay jokes on an inanimate building toy. LOL. (Not that I am homophobic, but gay jokes are definately the most common on the internet for the idiots who edit megablock like that)

I'm going to be an megablocks for a second and say that the REAL new castle line could be very good for Classic/Modern Castle Fans alike if Lego does it right. It may also be terrible. (I have not seen pics, only heard what the theme is about... and im sure alot of EB people have), so I cannot provide any information on how "good" it is)

You do not have to trust me but I do know what I am talking about on this one thing!!

In the end it is good that Eurobricks bowed to the Lego Giant... its kinda lame sometimes that we can't have the leaks as much but it would be even more lame if this site shut down.

Well, at least we will be seeing a new castle line. We can only hope it's a good one not in the fashion of KK.

Could we have some confirmation on this? It would be a tremendous relief to know that this theme is better than our current KK offerings. Is it on par with the vikings or even better?

Could we have some confirmation on this? It would be a tremendous relief to know that this theme is better than our current KK offerings. Is it on par with the vikings or even better?

From what little I know, I'd say it looks to be even better. Well, if done right. TLG can screw anything up if they try hard enough :-P

I wish my bricks would come out of the closet so I could build. They're all packed away... :-(

Steve