Jump to content


Modular Madness: Hospital


21 replies to this topic

#1 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2093
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image B-PM-02C

After it was decided to build a new hospital outside town, investers turned the old one into a private clinic. It is a very popular hospital to give birth in, so they have had to expand the maternity ward by building an extra section at the back of the hospital.

The architecture for the facade is based on a real hospital in my home city of Oslo (although the real one is much bigger :tongue:), and the ambulance is modelled after how ambulances looked in Oslo around the 80s-90s.

Posted Image

Here you can see the new section that was built.
Posted Image

The reception area, with a waiting area and a doctor's office. The building has an elevator that works in a similar way to the one in Town Hall, but this one has sliding doors! (Check out my flickr for pics)
Posted Image

The popular maternity ward.
Posted Image

Cafeteria and MRI machine.
Posted Image

There are many many more pics in my flickr stream, I hope you'll check them out to see lots of more details :sweet:.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#2 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa


    Posts: 5030
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

This is an awesome build. The structure itself is beautiful. Not only the front but the back is a work of art too! Then we get to look inside and see all the wonderful details there. I would love to have this hospital sitting next to my petshop in a town layout. :wub:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image


#3 streifen

streifen

    Posts: 661
    Joined: 12-June 09
    Member: 6375
    Country: Singapore

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

The lintels of the windows are really well done! I like the brick-built hospital symbol!

All the best to your entry!
Posted Image

#4 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

    Posts: 1051
    Joined: 09-January 10
    Member: 8984
    Country: USA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

This is pretty dang incredible.
-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#5 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10398
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Very nice. The best part is definitely the window trimmings. The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:

#6 LegoJalex

LegoJalex

    Posts: 182
    Joined: 30-May 12
    Member: 28903
    Country: Sweden

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Wow! I really like it! Nice colours and design, and many great build solutions, like the front door and the hospital sign. The interior is nice as well. I like how you made the babies. Overall very impressive!

#7 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 18602
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Two words.....AWESOME :excited:  and beautiful :wub: creation 'Cecille'.....so much in this creation inside and out....good luck and Brick On ! :classic:

#8 L@go

L@go

  • Awesome Sport!


    Posts: 1592
    Joined: 18-March 10
    Member: 9962
    Country: Norway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

This is brilliant! The exterior design is beautiful, and the inside is packed with details. And that Mercedes Rescueline ambulance is spot-on :) Well done - are you planning to keep this for a while? Would love to see it up close in September or November.

View Postprateek, on 31 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:
I'm guessing he's probably claustrophobic. I've never been inside such a machine, but I hear it's a very common reaction :)

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


flickr


#9 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa


    Posts: 5030
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostL@go, on 01 August 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'm guessing he's probably claustrophobic. I've never been inside such a machine, but I hear it's a very common reaction :)
Yeah, those machines are super scary.  :oh3:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image


#10 sonicstarlight

sonicstarlight

  • Sneeze-proof floor specialist


    Posts: 254
    Joined: 21-January 10
    Member: 9202
    Country: USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

The entries to this contest are incredible - I honestly can't keep up. This one really caught my eye - the windows are wonderful and the interiors are also very well done. I like that you also included an ambulance - very much in keeping with the official line like the Fire Brigade. Blogged on Brick Town Talk!  :classic:

#11 LegoFan03

LegoFan03

    Posts: 103
    Joined: 06-January 11
    Member: 15218

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Wow! I really like it. I think it is nicest looking hospital modular ever I seen on here (no offensive to others).

#12 Boomchil

Boomchil

  • Pirate Reviewer Extraordinaire


    Posts: 117
    Joined: 29-March 10
    Member: 10064
    Country: France

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Simply awesome.

The maternity really do capture the feel of real ones, I love the babies (clever idea) and the overall details.

One of the best entries in my opinion (among other fantastic buildings, I never thought this contest would bring such beauties)  :thumbup:

Posted Image


#13 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2093
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks everyone! :cry_happy:

View Postdarkdragon, on 31 July 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I would love to have this hospital sitting next to my petshop in a town layout. :wub:
So would I :grin:. I just need a town layout, and to build my petshop :laugh:


View Poststreifen, on 31 July 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

The lintels of the windows are really well done! I like the brick-built hospital symbol!
Somebody recognized the hospital symbol! :sweet:

View Postprateek, on 31 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Very nice. The best part is definitely the window trimmings. The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:
You really need to try getting a scan sometime, they are super claustrophobic, and make an awful noise! :tongue:


View PostLegoJalex, on 31 July 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Wow! I really like it! Nice colours and design, and many great build solutions, like the front door and the hospital sign. The interior is nice as well. I like how you made the babies. Overall very impressive!
I made the babies first, then put in other minifigs later. Realizing afterwards that there's only one mother in there at the moment (still giving birth!) and 4 babies! :laugh:


View PostL@go, on 01 August 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

This is brilliant! The exterior design is beautiful, and the inside is packed with details. And that Mercedes Rescueline ambulance is spot-on :) Well done - are you planning to keep this for a while? Would love to see it up close in September or November.
Yey, a Norwegian recognizing the ambulance, success! :sweet: And yes, this is going to stay built for a looong time. Too much effort to just smash :tongue:. It'll be at both those events you mention :wink:


View Postsonicstarlight, on 01 August 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

The entries to this contest are incredible - I honestly can't keep up. This one really caught my eye - the windows are wonderful and the interiors are also very well done. I like that you also included an ambulance - very much in keeping with the official line like the Fire Brigade. Blogged on Brick Town Talk!  :classic:
Thanks! That means a lot coming from one of my favourite builders of modular buildings!


View PostBoomchil, on 01 August 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

One of the best entries in my opinion (among other fantastic buildings, I never thought this contest would bring such beauties)  :thumbup:
The competition really is tough!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#14 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • A few backspaces will do


    Posts: 7528
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

:thumbup: Great build that I have been hearing so much about. Wish I was able to actually make decent buildings  :laugh: That ambulance turned out great too.

Good luck in the contest  :classic:

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Tesni Hightribe


#15 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2093
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostPeppermint_M, on 01 August 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

:thumbup: Great build that I have been hearing so much about. Wish I was able to actually make decent buildings  :laugh: That ambulance turned out great too.

Good luck in the contest  :classic:

And thank you for the help getting the base of my ambulance going, and especially for the suggestion for the wheels, much appreciated :sweet:.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#16 Holodoc

Holodoc

  • Hasn't seen the box


    Posts: 3795
    Joined: 24-November 06
    Member: 1094
    Country: Germany

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Awesome creation, Cecilie!

Not only you have build a hospital - gotta love you for this - but a very nice and comfy one!
I especially like the arched windows build with plates :wub_drool: although I must say the 1x2 plates don't work so well lie the 1x1's do.

And you built a micromodel as well! :oh:
Great work! :thumbup:
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#17 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • A few backspaces will do


    Posts: 7528
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

No problem and anytime! I just need to post my ambulance now!

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Tesni Hightribe


#18 samiam391

samiam391

    Posts: 161
    Joined: 02-July 12
    Member: 29498
    Country: United States

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Love it! Especially the windows and the interior!

#19 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2093
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostHolodoc, on 01 August 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Awesome creation, Cecilie!

Not only you have build a hospital - gotta love you for this - but a very nice and comfy one!
I especially like the arched windows build with plates :wub_drool: although I must say the 1x2 plates don't work so well lie the 1x1's do.

And you built a micromodel as well! :oh:
Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks :grin:. But, 1x1s? There are no dark orange 1x1 plates :tongue: (and oh how I have cursed that during this project!)


View Postsamiam391, on 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Love it! Especially the windows and the interior!

Thank you :classic:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#20 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

    Posts: 1096
    Joined: 24-December 11
    Member: 23488
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hospital is not a common sight in LEGO, and yours is a great sight. I like the architectural style with tan and brownish facade details. The addition of the maternity ward is greatly composed in the old building, and using a more modern style. The interiors is well done as well. Good luck in the contest!
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#21 F0NIX

F0NIX

    Posts: 220
    Joined: 06-May 08
    Member: 3111
    Country: Norway

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

This is absolutely the best modular house I have seen so far!
I love the color scheme, the details over the windows, the hospital sign, the elevator inside, all the details inside and all the rest :)
This also shows that a hospital does not need to be a big white building.

Hope you win this contest!
Noting is impossible, the impossible only take longer time.

#22 Niku

Niku

  • Wants two initials


    Posts: 1469
    Joined: 26-December 10
    Member: 14912
    Country: Guatemala

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Awesome design.
I just love the arches.
Good luck.  :thumbup:

Posted Image


Spoiler




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users