• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hello, my name is Kristel.

I came out of my dark ages about a year ago when I was surfing the net looking for LEGO sets to buy for my daughter, who was four at the time.  I came across some amazing MOCs, fell in love with the modular buildings and then stumbled across BrickLink.  

I submitted an entry to the Modular Madness competition a couple of days ago and someone asked me where I had been hiding.  The simple answer is: in the LEGO room (formerly known as our dining room).

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#2 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Welcome in Eurobricks Kristel  :classic:

I like your entry a lot   :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good luck

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#3 Vincent Kessels

Vincent Kessels

• Baby toilet + frying pan = flower

Member: 10753

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ah, the 'I need LEGO for my daughter' excuse.  :grin:

You do know that the dining room is just the start?  :laugh:

Anyway, Welcome to Eurobricks again.

#4 Flipz

Flipz

• #residentmunchkin

Member: 22657

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Ah, BrickLink.  You'll be hooked for life, now! :laugh:  It starts on the dining room table, then takes over a bookcase, then next thing you know every horizontal surface in your house is covered in LEGO. :tongue: Welcome!

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]

#5 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Welcome to Eurobricks! :D
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#6 Kristel

Kristel

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Vincent Kessels, on 30 July 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Ah, the 'I need LEGO for my daughter' excuse.  :grin:

You do know that the dining room is just the start?  :laugh:

Anyway, Welcome to Eurobricks again.

I don't use the daughter excuse anymore.  My husband thinks LEGO is my mid-life crisis and is happy to go with the flow because it is better than drugs, alcohol or gambling.

Flipz, on 01 August 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Ah, BrickLink.  You'll be hooked for life, now! :laugh:  It starts on the dining room table, then takes over a bookcase, then next thing you know every horizontal surface in your house is covered in LEGO. :tongue: Welcome!

It is already taking over and BrickLink is proving to be very addictive. I started with a few storage boxes on top of the drawers behind the dining table ... then a row of storage drawers, which meant I needed a small bookcase for those original storage boxes.  Might as well buy two I said at the time, just in case ... these are now just about full.

I am currently wondering where I can hide the hubby's remote control helicopter, which sits on a little corner table in the lounge room that is the perfect size to put the 10225 R2-D2 on!

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#7 bb15080

bb15080

Member: 19842

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Kristel, on 02 August 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I am currently wondering where I can hide the hubby's remote control helicopter, which sits on a little corner table in the lounge room that is the perfect size to put the 10225 R2-D2 on!

hang him on the ceeling :sweet:

any way welkom
Posted Image

#8 Aussie BJ

Aussie BJ

Member: 29144

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Gday Kristel fellow Aussie and welcome to Eurobricks.

Nice Modular MOC by the way.

Brendan

#9 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks Kristel.  :classic:

#10 Pennas2000

Pennas2000

Member: 12170

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Kristel, on 30 July 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Hello, my name is Kristel.

I came out of my dark ages about a year ago when I was surfing the net looking for LEGO sets to buy for my daughter, who was four at the time.  I came across some amazing MOCs, fell in love with the modular buildings and then stumbled across BrickLink.  

I submitted an entry to the Modular Madness competition a couple of days ago and someone asked me where I had been hiding.  The simple answer is: in the LEGO room (formerly known as our dining room).
Hi Kristel. Welcome.

#11 Debrick

Debrick

Member: 15444

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Knowing now you are in Brisbane have you hit up your local AFOL group?

#12 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Gee, I forgot to say welcome before.....so welcome to EB fellow Aussie who has their kid to thank for reintroducing them to the magic of the brick.
Brick On 'Kristel' ! :sweet:

#13 Kristel

Kristel

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Debrick, on 13 September 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Knowing now you are in Brisbane have you hit up your local AFOL group?

I've been to Bricks'n'Fun a couple of times to pick up BrickLink orders and talked to Gary (?) about the BLTG meetings they have there, but it is a little out of my way.  I'm not aware of any other AFOL groups in this area.

I'll be visiting BrisBricks later this month and hope to meet some of the local AFOLs there.  I'll be the one with the semi-interested husband and the worst behaved 5.5 year old.

Be strong!

#14 Debrick

Debrick

Member: 15444

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ha ha   that will be a quarter of all the people at BrisBricks.

And yeh thats the Brisbane scene. We get people travel up from the Gold coast, down from Toowoomba and down from the Sunshine coast.

#15 Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

• Swings in the right weather conditions

Member: 13585

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Kristel, on 02 August 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I don't use the daughter excuse anymore.  My husband thinks LEGO is my mid-life crisis and is happy to go with the flow because it is better than drugs, alcohol or gambling.

But not cheaper.  :tongue:

Welcome to EB Kristel, might see you at Brickvention if you make it down next year.  :thumbup:

May you be touched by his noodly appendage
Posted Image Posted Image
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials| Eurobricks FAQ

#16 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Member: 22170

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

Welcome Kristel

I tried the "It's the daughter's" excuse for a little while, but that only lasted until the dining room table was a city layout, which was only a couple of months, after that no one believed me. She does encourage me to buy more Lego though, and I must admit its hard to say no.

Bricks N Fun is dangerous when I take her in there.

If you're at BrisBricks on the Monday, I'm sure my daughter (she's 6) would be more than happy to show you're daughter her Friends collection. I'll have to find a spot to put it in the large city display I'm doing or I'll be a very naughty daddy.

And my solution for Lego overtaking the dining room - get a bigger house. I did, and its wonderful.

Lord of Fuchal    

#17 Kristel

Kristel

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Xyver, on 14 September 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

If you're at BrisBricks on the Monday, I'm sure my daughter (she's 6) would be more than happy to show you're daughter her Friends collection. I'll have to find a spot to put it in the large city display I'm doing or I'll be a very naughty daddy.

She would like that.  I'll keep an eye out for the layout with the Haunted House and Friends!

Be strong!

#18 Aussie BJ

Aussie BJ

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

First time i've heard of BrisBricks awesome and thanks for sharing Xyzer. I'll be travelling up (with kids and wife) from Grafton NSW to see this can't wait.

#19 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Member: 22170

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Aussie BJ, on 14 September 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

First time i've heard of BrisBricks awesome and thanks for sharing Xyzer. I'll be travelling up (with kids and wife) from Grafton NSW to see this can't wait.

AussieBJ,
There is a post here: BrisBricks 2012 and we're also on Facebook.

Lord of Fuchal    

#20 Aussie BJ

Aussie BJ

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Xyver, on 14 September 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

AussieBJ,
There is a post here: BrisBricks 2012 and we're also on Facebook.

Thanks, I rarely come out of the Technic forum so I missed that event post. Yep I found your facebook page last night and gave it a big 'like'

Brendan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users