Modular Madness: Butcher / Pizzeria

9 replies to this topic

#1 Merkal

Merkal

Member: 8030

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image B-OM-33A

Hello Everyone, Just in time for the closing date I could finish my entry for the third category, classic modular buildings. It's a butcher shop, although you can't really tell from the outside as I couldn't come up with a design for a sign I was happy with.

It's just after 6 in the evening so the butcher and his assistant are closing up for the day. The pizzeria next to him is preparing for a busy night as thier hungry customers are waiting for their dinner.

Both buildings together. A suit and delivery man are enjoying the view from the terras.

Posted Image
DSC00424 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

With the roofs removed the bedroom of the butcher shop and the kitchen + office of the pizzeria are seen.

Posted Image
DSC00425 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

Close-up of the pizzeria kitchen. Baking oven, prep table, counter and office space.

Posted Image
DSC00426 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

The butcher's kitchen is made up by a counter complete with kitchen cabinets, bar with drawers, dinner table with matching chairs and a fridge.

Posted Image
DSC00427 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

Pizzeria first floor dining area with stairs and door leading to balcony. The restaurant has more on their menu then pizzas alone, as seen on the photo below.

Posted Image
DSC00428 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

The butcher and his assisted are cleaning up and taking the meat back into the fridge. Inside the pizzeria a tourists wait fortheirdrinks at the bar.

Posted Image
DSC00429 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Very nice interior 'Merkal', but exterior shots eh ? :wink:

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 29 July 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

There are some on his Flickr  :wink:
Lots of nice details! My favorites are the floor pattern in the butcher shop, the couch in front of the TV, and the kitchen counter area  :thumbup:
Good work  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

• Stormed Out

Member: 2221

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

As lightningtiger mentioned, I'm sure people would appreciate exterior shots when it comes time to voting. Please edit some into your first post. Thanks. :classic:

#5 alois

alois

Member: 14341

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

As nice as this building is, wouldn´t there be a problem with the width? The rules state that any entry must be 32x32, and yours is 16x32. Personally, I don´t have a problem with it, beacause I think it´s a proper modular building, bu maybe you could put another 16x32 next to it to comply.
Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

My Flickr page

#6 Merkal

Merkal

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 29 July 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Sorry about that, I included an interior photo by mistake. I'll correct it.

View Postalois, on 30 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

As nice as this building is, wouldn´t there be a problem with the width? The rules state that any entry must be 32x32, and yours is 16x32. Personally, I don´t have a problem with it, beacause I think it´s a proper modular building, bu maybe you could put another 16x32 next to it to comply.

Yes of course, didn't think about that. The building was 16 x 16 studs when I started. But at some point I wanted a cool cell to store the meat and since there was plenty of empty space at the back that looked very inviting to do something with it came natural to add a bit.  
I do I have an another building on a 16 x 32 base plate I can add.

#7 Merkal

Merkal

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

So do you think I should edit the opening post? Or should I re-enter both buildings together in the contest?

#8 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostMerkal, on 30 July 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

So do you think I should edit the opening post? Or should I re-enter both buildings together in the contest?
Please edit the opening post and present your two buildings as one (32 x 32 studs) entry. If you want the title of the topic changed, let a member of the Town staff know by posting in this topic (or by PM).

#9 The Player Nº1

The Player Nº1

Member: 9578

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Loved the details!!

#10 Merkal

Merkal

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostRick, on 30 July 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Please edit the opening post and present your two buildings as one (32 x 32 studs) entry. If you want the title of the topic changed, let a member of the Town staff know by posting in this topic (or by PM).

OK thanks for the help. I edited the opening post to match the new content. Can the topic title to changed to Modular Madness Butcher / Pizzeria

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users