Heroica RPG - Quest #41: The Great Hunt

67 replies to this topic

#26 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Member: 3197

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

"Ouch, you little bastard! That hurt!" L'Oreal jumps out of the fray slightly, but is still determined to land another hit.

Battle Order
Siercon
L'Oreal Diablo

L'Oreal Diablo attacks Russel with his scimitar from the back row.

Posted Image

​Currently playing as the enigmatic Archie Matthews in Tammo's Party Lines Mafia!

Have a look at my Flickr page!

#27 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

"You're a tough little guy!" Siercon attacks with his staff from the front row.

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#28 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Round Four Practice Battle
Siercon v. Russel - Critical Hit ([3x2]+1=7)
L'Oreal Diablo v. Russel - Special Damage

Siercon ends the battle with a quick tap to the Crab's head that stuns it.

The heroes are victorious!

The Party

Posted Image
L'Oréal Diablo, Level 2 Rogue
Power: 5
Health: 4/8
Gold: 0
Inventory: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Potion, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Posted Image
Siercon, Level 2 Mage
Health: 6/6
Ether: 5/5
Inventory: Staff (WP: 3), Potion x1, Diamond, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Posted Image

"Well done, heroes!" Russel exclaims.  "Next time, I won't go so easy on you.  Well, best to get to bed.  We've got a big day ahead of us.  I have no doubt that there will be songs written about the duel that takes place tomorrow, heroes.  You and I will become legends!"  Russel nestles up against a warm rock and goes to sleep.

Pigley calls the heroes over.

Posted Image

"Look up at the stars," the pig commands.  "We are very small.  All of us.  Russel, you two, me.  Heroica.  Eubric.  Uland.  Even Olegia is small.  All these battles we all face, all these challenges-- all, so very very small, heroes.  So very very small.  We mustn't forget it."

Pigley also goes to sleep.

Would the heroes like to retire for the evening, or talk?

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#29 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

"Well Siercon, I'm feeling a bit tired myself, but I'm always up for a chat. Do you have anything on your mind? Or would you like to take a rest? Perhaps you can tell me a bit about why you're here." L'Oreal sits down and looks at Siercon through his mask.

Posted Image

​Currently playing as the enigmatic Archie Matthews in Tammo's Party Lines Mafia!

#30 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

Siercon sighs as he plops on the grass. "I'm both exhausted, and flowing with energy. Seems they truly pack a lot into these little potion bottles." He says now lying on his back holding the little vial up against the stars. "I'm sure I'l suffer from some kind of major magic sugar crash at any point... So, I'd love to talk!" This last bit he said sitting up with way to much enthusiasm and his voice escalating in pitch. Still, one second later Siercon was back on his back. There's not much like the first time you drink a potion it is all that kept you from getting knocked out or dying.
"Why am I here?" Siercon considers this humming aloud. "Well, I suppose to meet new people. I've been abroad to many lands in Olegia, and Eubic, and have done well. But, I've never been here, or met new faces in Heroica"
"How about you?" Siercon asks on the edge of falling asleep, but sincerely being interested. "In, say... fifty battles... where do you see yourself?"

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#31 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

"Me?" L'Oreal laughs and leans back as well, but in the opposite direction to avoid accidental funny business.

"Well, I guess I came here because I wanted a fresh start. I've been retired for a while, and it doesn't suit me. In fifty battles? Well, in fifty battles I'd like to be strong enough to pry open the Gates of Hell once more... But that's a story for another day."

With that, L'Oreal promptly falls asleep.

Posted Image

#32 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Siercon drifted off as well, wondering what the dawn might bring forth. The last few sentences about 'prying open the gates of hell' and the noise of a pig and a crab snoring flooded his dreams... The combination of those three thing... Well he'll probably avoid talking about the subject, or purposefully forget.

#33 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

The heroes awake fully rested, and, thanks to both their bedrolls, at full health.

The party treks throughout the day.  Russel rides Pigley in a regal fashion as the stout old pig sniffs out the scent of the Frog.

Finally, the heroes arrive at a field where the Dog and Frog face them.  The animals each speak in their own tongues, but thanks to the cowls,the heroes can understand them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"What brings you here, crab."

Posted Image

"I am Russel Ruffers, the--"

Posted Image

"We know who you are, crab!  What do you want here?"

Posted Image

"I wish to take you in.  You are both fugitives of the law.  Pillus, you abandoned your order, and Brakington, you abandoned your masters and have fallen in with a dark Frog!"

Posted Image

"Dark Frog.. so you know of my recent doings... the Frog Paladins are weak!!  I shall rise to power and reign above them.  They scoff at the art of necromancy, while I herald in the new age!"

"Heroes, I do not wish a fight.  I am a poor Frog, sworn to a weak order.  Sir Barkley has lived a horrid life.  We both just want to escape it and usher in a new era of life.  Where the Frog Paladins have open minds, and the Masters of Dogs show some empathy."

Posted Image

"Fat chance," Pigley says sadly.

Posted Image

"Some empathy is all we demand!"

Posted Image

"Don't let their words sway you, heroes.  That Sir Pillus is something dangerous, and Sir Barkley has been corrupted by his ways.  They talk reasonably, but they aren't! Are you ready for your first real combat experience, heroes?  This is a day that will go down in history!"

Posted Image

"Fat chance," Pigley whispers to the heroes.

Edited by Zepher, 02 August 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#34 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

"Empathy, eh? I'm a dog lover myself. I would've shown you empathy. But you've broken the law, chaps, and you're practicing some dark arts there. I have no love for necromancy. Open your minds, huh? I'll open your guts!" L'Oreal laughs at his own creativity (when it comes to insults or dramatic pre-battle quips) and leaps into the field of battle, holding his scimitar at a ready stance.

"You ready for this, Siercon?"

L'Oreal engages in battle.

Posted Image

#35 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

The sun blazes down as the parties prepare to charge at each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Welcome my new reign.  You will be the first to die.  Mwahahahaha.  For Lizoot!"

Posted Image

"When they write the songs of this day, you will be remembered as a valiant fighter, Pillus, but also as a villainous and delusional Frog.  I will personally see to it!"

The Enemies

Posted Image
Sir Pillus
Level 3 Beast
Health: 30/30
Ether:  2/2
Special I (used if there is ether): Amphibiannoc's Blessing - Restores 10 health to self and all allies.
Special II (used if there is no ether):  Lizoot's Curse - Poisons the hero, and restores one ether to Sir Pillus.
Drops:  Tonic, Staff of the Frog Paladin

Posted Image
Barkley Barkington
Level 4 Beast
Health: 20/20
Special: Call of the Wild - Barkley let's his inner wild self out, dealing 3 damage to all the heroes.
Drops:  20 Gold, 2 Potions

The Party

Posted Image
Health: 8/8
Inventory: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Potion, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Posted Image
Siercon, Level 2 Mage
Inventory: Staff (WP: 3), Potion x1, Diamond, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Posted Image - Posted Image
Russel & Pigley, Level 2 Rogue *Hastened*
Power: 4
Health: 16/16
Inventory: Claw (Sword, WP: 2), Crab Shell Armor (+4 max. health), Pigley, (+4 max. health, permanently hastened)

Edited by Zepher, 02 August 2012 - 07:22 PM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#36 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

"Alright, you bastards, prepare to go to Frog Hell! Siercon, Russel, Pigley, let's focus our efforts on the weakest enemy! Russel, Pigley, make sure that necromancing frog doesn't get a chance to use his dark powers on us!"

Battle Order
Russel & Pigley (vs. Barkley)
L'Oreal Diablo
Siercon
Russel & Pigley  (vs. Pillus)

L'Oreal lets out a yell of exuberance as he plunges his sword into Barkley Barkington from the front row.

Edited by Adam, 02 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

OoC:  Remember, Russel and Pigley are hastened, meaning they may act twice.  Also, any enemies untargetted will get a free hit!  Just making sure we're on the same page.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#38 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostZepher, on 02 August 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

OoC:  Remember, Russel and Pigley are hastened, meaning they may act twice.  Also, any enemies untargetted will get a free hit!  Just making sure we're on the same page.
OOC: Alright, I've asked Russel/Pigley to attack both characters (I hope I'm allowed to decide whom they target). Thanks for the heads up! Posted Image Since Russel/Pigley is hastened, do I put them in the Battle Order twice? I've been looking through other quests to try and find out but I haven't found any battles with Hasten in them yet. Sorry for the noobehavior!

Edited by Adam, 02 August 2012 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

OoC:  You MAY put them in twice.  If you don't, QM's will list it like this automatically:

Russel & Pigley
Russel & Pigley
L'Oreal Diablo
Siercon

HOWEVER, you may, strategically, want the two actions spread out.  In this case I can't think of how it would matter, but sometimes it does.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#40 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

(Updated Battle Order)

Battle Order
L'Oreal Diablo
Siercon
Russel & Pigley (vs. Pillus)

"Give 'em everything you've got, guys!" L'Oreal yells as he attacks (I maintain my attack from the previous post).

Edited by Adam, 02 August 2012 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

#41 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

"Lets take out this Barkley character!" Siercon says to the team. "We may need any potions he may be carrying to get us through the battle!" Siercon attacks Barkley with his staff!

OOC: I am at a lego convention through Monday and shall report here every day at this time. I will not be able to post at other times, just fyi :)

#42 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

Round One Pillus Battle
Russel & Pigley v. Barkley - Damage (-4)
L'Oreal Diablo v. Barkley - Miss
Siercon v. Barkley - Damage (-2)
Russel & Pigley v. Pillus - Miss

The battle begins.  Lizoot seems to be watching over his most devote follower.  The heroes and their allies are beat back by a series of blows.

The Enemies

Posted Image
Sir Pillus
Level 3 Beast
Ether:  2/2
Special I (used if there is ether): Amphibiannoc's Blessing - Restores 10 health to self and all allies.
Special II (used if there is no ether):  Lizoot's Curse - Poisons the hero, and restores one ether to Sir Pillus.

Posted Image
Barkley Barkington
Level 4 Beast
Special: Call of the Wild - Barkley let's his inner wild self out, dealing 3 damage to all the heroes.

The Party

Posted Image
Health: 8/8

Posted Image
Siercon, Level 2 Mage
Health: 4/6

Health: 12/16
Inventory: Claw (Sword, WP: 2), Crab Shell Armor (+4 max. health), Pigley, (+4 max. health, permanently hastened)

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#43 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

"Damn!" L'Oreal yells. "Looks like we'll have to take out the frog before we attack the mutt. That little necromancing amphibian is stronger than I thought! Russel, Pigley, make sure that dog doesn't get a chance to hit us while our backs are turned. We should focus the rest of our efforts on the frog!"

Battle Order
L'Oreal Diablo
Siercon

L'Oreal leaps into the front row to attack Pillus with a swing of his scimitar.

Posted Image

#44 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

"Indeed!" Siercon tries stabbing at the frog attacking Pillus with the heel of his staff!

#45 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

Siercon, please always indicate a row.  Also remember, as a mage, you have 2 options.  A physical attack (damage dealt by this will be halved if in the back row) or a spell (an elemental attack that can be launched at full force from the back row, but costs one ether).  If you use a spell, you must still use a weapon, but you should indicate: I'll do a fire spell through my staff from the back row.  Look at Nyx (Pandora) in Q30 for an example of how a mage should cast spells, she always writes them out with all the proper info!   :thumbup:

Round Two Pillus Battle
L'Oreal Diablo v. Pillus - Hit (-5)
Russel & Pigley v. Pillus - Hit (-4)
Siercon v. Pillus - Special Damage (+10 health enemies)
Russel & Pigley v. Barkley - Special Damage (-3 health all heroes)

The battle continues.  Russel and L'Oreal slice open Pillus on either side, but he heals himself quickly, and Barley lunges at all the heroes, his teeth gnashing.  He takes a chunk out of Siercon's leg and crunches on the fingers of L'Oreal's hand.

The Enemies

Posted Image
Sir Pillus
Level 3 Beast
Ether:  1/2

Posted Image
Barkley Barkington
Level 4 Beast

The Party

Posted Image
Health: 5/8

Posted Image
Siercon, Level 2 Mage
Health: 1/6

Health: 9/16

Edited by Zepher, 05 August 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#46 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

OOC: Ah yes thank you, My fault about the front row. And I was also unaware that I had learned any spells lol. I thought I couldn't do any elemental stuff until I'd gotten 150 gold to merge my crystal with the staff. But it would be far nicer to be able to launch spells from the back row...

"Argh!" Siercon cried "Blasted vermin." With this he pulled back and downed a potion. His last potion.

#47 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

"You bastards! Russel, Pigley, we must keep them occupied while Siercon heals himself!

Battle Order
Russel & Pigley (vs. Barkington)
L'Oreal Diablo
Siercon

L'Oreal steps into the back row, venomizes his sword, and stabs Pillus.

Edited by Adam, 04 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostAdam, on 04 August 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

L'Oreal steps into the back row, venomizes his sword, and stabs Pillus.

On each turn of the battle you must use either a item OR attack.  Using your venom would take up a full turn.

And Siercon, read over your class details again.  The wonderful thing about mages is that they are the only class that DOESN'T need to imbue their weapons with gems to do elemental damage.  They my use "loose" gems to cast spells.  Currently, you can cast light spells, because you have a diamond.   :thumbup:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#49 Adam

Adam

• Smexy

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

OOC: Alright, I'll just venomize the sword instead of attacking. The Battle Order still stands though. Sorry for the noobiness. Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

OoC:  Quite alright, got to learn at some point.  Read any other quest, and you'll see my questies fixing my mistakes instead of the other way around.   :tongue:

Round Three Pillus Battle
Russel & Pigley v. Pillus - Damage (3)
Russel & Pigley v. Barkington - Critical Hit ([2x2]+2=6)
L'Oreal Diablo - Venom
Siercon - Potion

The battle continues.  Russel and L'Oreal slice open Pillus on either side, but he heals himself quickly, and Barley lunges at all the heroes, his teeth gnashing.  He takes a chunk out of Siercon's leg and crunches on the fingers of L'Oreal's hand.

The Enemies

Posted Image
Sir Pillus
Level 3 Beast
Ether:  1/2

Posted Image
Barkley Barkington
Level 4 Beast
Health: 14/20

The Party

Posted Image
Health: 5/8
Inventory: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3 *Poisoned*), Potion, Potion, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Posted Image
Siercon, Level 2 Mage
Inventory: Staff (WP: 3), Diamond, Bedroll, Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Health: 6/16

Edited by Zepher, 05 August 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users