Kristel

Modular Madness: The Tan Townhouse

indexed.gif B-RM-09D

Hi! My entry into the Modular Madness competition is an inner city townhouse, known in the neighbourhood as "The Tan Townhouse". This is the first MOC I have entered into a competition. I hope you like it.

This inner city family home has three floors. The lounge and kitchen are on the ground floor. The parents' bedroom and the bathroom are on the first floor, with the kids' rooms on the second floor. The teenage daughter, a very "girly" girl judging by the decor, has the bedroom with the balcony. The trade-off is that she has to sleep on the couch when guests stay over.

There is a small garden at the back, with a veggie patch, which provides a little oasis in the middle of the city.

All comments welcome.

7666800194_1f49283e42.jpg

7666794932_c83f7213c9.jpg

7666792602_a687318ca1.jpg

7666790652_a4b68a9e14.jpg

7666761382_448815c4d8.jpg

More photos on my Flickr stream.

Edited by Phred
Added link to flickr

There are more ad more gorgeous buildings coming in from newbies, and yours is one of them. Where were you hiding? I like the colour scheme of the front (the dark orange works very well), but I particularly like the amount of detail on the back. I'm almost always out of inspiration the moment I get there, I must confess.

Well done! The facade is gorgeous and the wooden fence out back is a very nice touch :thumbup:

The interiors look very realistic, especially the kitchen, and your furniture is excellent.

The crates used for the wardrobe in the main bedroom is very effective :classic:

Wonderful looking townhouse 'Kristel', great interior, tidy and clean exterior.....healthy veggie patch too ! :grin:

What's on the flat panel TV tonight eh ? :grin:

Good luck and Brick On ! :grin:

My new favorite?!? My head is spinning from all of the gorgeous buildings in this contest. Very beautiful work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is another very good modular building in the competition! :thumbup:

(Here is the link to your Flickr account.)

The front with the colors and the windows is very beautiful, as is the interior.

Oh, and Welcome to Eurobricks!

I really like the colors used, they go very well together. Overall a very good build. Good luck!

Fantastic, full of details, the color are perfect: a great MOC :sweet:

Good luck for the contest :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone. Glad you like it.

Thanks, too, to ricecracker for putting in the Flickr link. Much appreciated!

Delightful. I really like your repetition of themes on the facade, you kept the look cohesive while giving each floor distinctive flourishes. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Another fantastic modular. I'm planning on photographing and entering mine tomorrow, but I'm suspecting I could just save myself the hassle :) there really are, as all the others have said, an astonishing number of great entries to the contest. Your first contest entry might just give you a nice prize...

I love just about everything about this. The colours, the details... it's all designed with great skill. And the interiors - I can't quite see them well enough, so I'm off to Flickr to study the other pictures :)

Where were you hiding?

Good question!

Another fantastic modular. I'm planning on photographing and entering mine tomorrow, but I'm suspecting I could just save myself the hassle :) there really are, as all the others have said, an astonishing number of great entries to the contest. Your first contest entry might just give you a nice prize...

I love just about everything about this. The colours, the details... it's all designed with great skill. And the interiors - I can't quite see them well enough, so I'm off to Flickr to study the other pictures :)

Good question!

All is revealed in my "Hello, my name is ...", which I have just posted.