Astromech Workplace Contest: Targonnian Pursuit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flobnomdob

Flobnomdob

Member: 20208

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

This would be my first go at Star Wars MOC'ing, so this'llbe also the first time I've used a droid too. My R2 unit looks a little rusty(From the original X-Wing fighter), but I hope no-one notices!

My entry to the Eurobricks Astromech workplace contest has R2-D2 and anotherastromech working in law enforcement.
This scene is based off part of the Star Wars: Droids Season of Revolt comic,in which R2, under the control of the 'caretaker virus' forces Threepio tohotwire a police speeder with sidecar from under the police officer's nose. TheTargonnian dictator Craw sends his captain, Steggus to capture 'Smiley', ahuman under the effects of Savorium (A herb developed by Ithorian MasterZorneth, which if eaten makes the consumer permenently cheerful and susceptible)with an unnamed three legged battle vehicle.

Posted Image Anyway, on to the model.

Posted Image
To begin with, an overview of the MOC.

Posted Image

Details of the Police Speeder (Notice Artoo is missing his legs here, I wanted it to look more ‘snug’.) This thing is fragile! I reworkedthe design many times to get it to look like the comic reference images.

Posted Image

Now for the three-legged battle vehicle. I’ll give it a SWsounding name, and baptise it the T-LBV. Posted Image This design practically built itself,with the obvious cockpit part combinations. I promise to you that this flextubing is NOT cut! I've used just a little artistic licence here but otherwise the design is the same. If it looks weird it's not my fault, it's the artist who drew it! Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, a look at the other part of the model. We have a police officer, his astromech, Smiley and Zorneth.

The characters involved in this MOC;

Posted Image

P.S. I don't own any of the comic images in this entry, they are copyright of some company. Posted Image
Wish me luck in the competition! Posted Image
My flickr-
Posted Image
Minotaurs rule...

All hail Flobnomdob!

#2 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Quite the interesting entry! I think it's cool that you based it on a comic. I like the police speeder, and the way you brick-built Master Zorneth's head. :thumbup: Good luck!

Posted Image

#3 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Really like this entry, the speeder and the walker are well built and the way you tie it back to the comic with the custom figs is very faithful, top effort!  :thumbup:
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#4 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

I really like all your vehicles, they are a good match to your reference material (especially the tripod)  :thumbup:  but I can't help feeling that your entry would be improved if it were held together by some kind of vignette or even just a Lego base.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#5 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Nice work, I like the crawler and the police speeder.  :classic:
Good luck  :thumbup:

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#6 wokajablocka

wokajablocka

Member: 12884

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

Great work on recreating this comic scene into Lego. I like the police speeder the best.

Good luck in the comp.
Brickshelf

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

May the Brick be with you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users