Sign in to follow this  
Rook

Astromech Workplace Contest: Lady Luck

Lady Luck & R2 D2

7649855178_f2b6879232_z.jpg

7649899724_53a450d90a_z.jpg

At first glace you might think this droid is living in the lap of luxury, then you find out that this droid belongs to thee Jedi Master named Luke Skywalker. And you realize that this is probably the only day in its existence it isn't getting shot at. Then you realize, it still only 8 in the morning. *huh*

7650034198_9792fc4da7_z.jpg

7650109042_e0912c36c0_z.jpg

And just a few bonus images to wet your whistle.

7650327208_0817c96800_z.jpg

7650256240_d9fae0f822_z.jpg

Link to Gallery

I was just checking out the pictures at flickr, when I saw the astromechs I kenw it would pop up here as well :laugh:

The ship is fantastic, the interior amazes me, great job!

Woah. What a ship! It's awesome to see the interior, too. It sure looks like R2's living the life of luxury. :laugh: Hey, Leia's digging out the ole' costume again! I wonder if Han'll be getting some entertainment. :tongue:

Thanks I wasn’t sure if I was going to get it done in time. I had three nights this week that I worked on it for about 5 hours each night to get it done.

Beautiful ship Rook! :thumbup: I love the white/trans-blue combo; very stylish. The interior is also entertaining. :laugh:

Being largely ignorant of the EU, I'd never heard of this ship - it was only Danthebricks comment that made me realise you hadn't made-it-up :blush: . Well you've done a lovely job of creating it in Lego, looks a lot like the source material and the interior is great too. I particularly like the way you made the bubbles in the hot tub! :thumbup:

Fantastic!!! :thumbup:

A like a lot the interior of the Lady Luck, with Leia and the swimming pool, Lando at the bar. :classic:

I have a question :devil: : there is also the retractable cannon???

The Lady Luck is build beautifully as usual with your work Rook. The lighting and interior are awesome.

Good luck in the comp. :thumbup:

Thanks the compliments. Now time to find out how good it was compared to the rest. :wacko::thumbup:

This is just beautiful! It looks exactly like Lando would decorate it. You've done an amazing job with this - I can't believe there aren't more comments! This is yet another creation to add to my folder of great SW builds (image collection). This is a spot-on build, and I love it!

Being largely ignorant of the EU, I'd never heard of this ship - it was only Danthebricks comment that made me realise you hadn't made-it-up :blush: . Well you've done a lovely job of creating it in Lego, looks a lot like the source material and the interior is great too. I particularly like the way you made the bubbles in the hot tub! :thumbup:

I thought it was mentioned in the OT. But I’ve read so many books and watched the movies so many times I have no idea if it’s only in the EU. Anyone know? :blush:

I thought it was mentioned in the OT. But I’ve read so many books and watched the movies so many times I have no idea if it’s only in the EU. Anyone know? :blush:

Only EU. I believe the Thrawn Trilogy was the first mention of it.

Ah that would explain it. I love that trilogoy. Read the books and then listened to them again on audio tapes. :blush::wub:

Edited by Rook

While I think it's a beautiful looking ship and an excellent MOC, personally I don't think it fits within the theme of the contest sorry.

Edited by simonjedi

Wow... why have I just seen this now. Your Sorosuub beats mine hands down and I can't keep from staring at the pictures. I think it is cool how it separates into different modules to make it more accessible. It is a very great entry and gives a good idea of what a pampered droid's surroundings are like. Though I think for this contest, you could have had R2D2 in the hot tube (oil bath? hehe) with everyone around and serving him >.<

While I think it's a beautiful looking ship and an excellent MOC, personally I don't think it fits within the theme of the contest sorry.

Hey to each his own. I only built a ship because ACPin pointed out the only way I'd have a chance of beating him is if I stuck to what I do best. He does dioramas, I do ships. *Maybe we should join forces.* :blush::laugh: I agree though, it was pushing the limits of the contest but clearly people enjoyed seeing a well known ship. I've found in contests sometimes the ones that seem to "fit" the requirements the least get more votes. For example the winner of the CMF Podracers on FBTB this spring. :thumbup::angry::tongue:

Wow... why have I just seen this now. Your Sorosuub beats mine hands down and I can't keep from staring at the pictures. I think it is cool how it separates into different modules to make it more accessible. It is a very great entry and gives a good idea of what a pampered droid's surroundings are like. Though I think for this contest, you could have had R2D2 in the hot tube (oil bath? hehe) with everyone around and serving him >.<

Hmm. Oil bath... damn I could have won with that idea! :grin:

Edited by Rook