Sign in to follow this  
EXO-CHAMP

Striking Venom Battle report

NEW STRIKING VENOM BATTLE REPORT: (Battle report from Visorak Kal on BZP)

The teams:

Mobile Defense Tank

Ryo MDT

Uplink

Grand Titan

Takeshi GT

v.s.

Fire Vulture

Striking Venom

The only difference was that I played both sides this time, my brothers were otherwise occupied. And Exo-Champ, I did not have the cardboard to make the actual dice, I had to use my six-sided dice.

Strategies:

Human strategy was simple. Use Mobile Defense Tank with its special disks to weaken SV, and then use Grand Titan to cause maximum damage with its six exo-dice.

Robot strategy was also simple. Use Striking Venom to cause maximum damage to Grand Titan, Mobile Defense Tank, and UPlink in that order. If Striking Venom was hit with specialty disks, use Fire Vulture to attack.

ROUND ONE:

Robots win iniative. Fire Vulture advances adn attacks with rocket. The rocket is successful, but MDT defends.

Mobile Defense Tank advances, and attacks Fire Vulture. The attack misses.

ROUND TWO:

Robots win iniative. Striking Venom advances and attacks the now-closer Mobile Defense Tank. The tank suffers six damage points, after Exo-Shield deductions. The Striking Venom's heat is now 6.

Mobile Defense Tank attacks Striking Venom with electro-disks and the second attack (not Multi-Rockets).

The electro-disks are not successful, but the second attack is not defended against. Striking Venom loses one damage point.

ROUND THREE:

Humans win iniative. Mobile Defense Tank proceeds to pepper Striking Venom once with electro-disks and multi-rockets. STriking Venom defends against electro-disks, and multi-rockets fail.

Striking Venom proceeds to attack Grand Titan instead. It reverts its heat to zero with the cool function, and attacks with Disk Launcher, and Laser Cannons (X2). The disk launcher is unsuccessful, but the laser cannons are successful, and Grand Titan suffers considerable damage.

ROUND FOUR:

Humans win iniative. Mobile Defense Tank peppers Striking Venom once more with electro-disks. The attack is successful this time, though the other attack fails. Striking Venom loses one attack and defense.

Robots use Fire Vulture to attack Mobile Defense Tank, but the attack is unsuccessful.

ROUND FIVE:

Humans win iniative. Grand Titan attacks Striking Venom, who defends against the poorly rolled (dice) attack.

Striking Venom, now free from all heat, attacks Grand Titan. THe blow, though some of it is defended by the GT, is devastating, and brings the GT one point from red damage zone. Striking Venom heat is now at five. The cool function is used to bring it to two, and in the next turn, it will be zero.

ROUND SIX:

Humans win iniative. Mobile Defense Tank tries to repair Grand Titan. Only one success is rolled, and Grand Titan is repaired only one point. THe pilot proceeds to attack Striking Venom, and the attack succeeds, causing Striking Venom five damage.

Striking Venom attacks Grand Titan with Laser Cannons and Gatling Laser. THe five heat generated is cooled to two. The attack brings Grand Titan far into the red zone, and the weapon destroyed is EMP Pincer. The humans now have no way to remove Strikign Venom's weapons.

NOTE: This was later noted to be a mistake on the human's part. Rather than peppering with disks, the human should have taken use of Grand Titan's EMP Pincer, and remove some of SV's weaponry.

ROUND SEVEN:

Humans win iniative. Mobile Defense Tank attempts to repair Grand Titan again. The attack repairs him one damage point.

Striking Venom attacks with only four heat, and the attack destroys Grand Titan. Use of cool function reduces heat to 1, which will be zero the next turn.

ROUND EIGHT:

Robots win iniative. Striking Venom has 0 heat, and uses all possible weaponry, up to heat 9. (The cool function lowers this heat to six.) The result is a damage count of 13 to Mobile Defense Tank. After Exo-Shield deductions, the damage is 11, and Mobile Defense Tank is completely detroyed.

This leaves Uplink, which approaches Striking Venom and attacks with a Rocket. The attack is successful, but Striking Venom defends.

ROUND NINE:

Striking VEnom has heat three. It uses cool funciton to remove this heat, and attacks with all three Laser Cannons. The resulting damage is ten. After Exo-Shield deduction, it is nine and Uplink is destroyed.

Final Thoughts:

You should incorporate Takeshi's plan into the game.

The battle's outcome was in part to striking Venom's immense fierpower, but some otehr factors did come into play.

1. The humans should have taken better use of Takeshi's disarm and EMP Pincer before it was lost.

2. The humans had several chances to weapon Striking Venom, but their attacks rolled horribly.

3. When the humans did succeed in hitting SV, their damage successes stunk, so SV got away unscathed.

The result is that I believe it was possible to weakene Striking Venom almost to a point of red zone, but the humans failed to take several opportunities, which I will dwell upon for some time.

There you have it!

VK

Sign in to follow this