Astromech Workplace Contest: Bossk's new job

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Bossk's Wookie Farm.
Bossk currently has two 51E series astromechs helping out on his farm, R0-51E and LA5-51E...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

High-res images in my flickr. WIPs and more in my Brickshelf

Edited by Praiter Yed, 29 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My Star Wars trades on swapfig.com

#2 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Awesome MOC, Praiter Yed! You've got the perfect mix of wildlife and SW technology. The way you presented it is great, too. It reminds me of the layout of the Star Wars Minifig Encyclopedia.

Those poor Wookies. :cry_sad: I hope they rebel and give Bossk what he deserves! :laugh:

Posted Image

#3 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 26 July 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Awesome MOC, Praiter Yed! You've got the perfect mix of wildlife and SW technology. The way you presented it is great, too. It reminds me of the layout of the Star Wars Minifig Encyclopedia.

Those poor Wookies. :cry_sad: I hope they rebel and give Bossk what he deserves! :laugh:
Thanks Purple Paradox. I'm pleased you think I got the balance right - I was soo tempted to start adding trees then I decided it would be stupid, the Wookies would just climb them to get at Bossk :grin: . I based the layout on a mixture of the Minifig Encyclopedia and the LSW Visual Dictionary  :wink:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My Star Wars trades on swapfig.com

#4 Danthebrick

Danthebrick

Member: 4584

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Fantastic entry and love the presentation style with the text around the picture - George Lucas would be impressed!

#5 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Very clever build! I especially like the droids zapping the wookies to get them back inside the pen. Nice work!
CUUSOO
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image          
flickr

#6 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Looks great, I see I have got some good competition.  :thumbup:  :sweet:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#7 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Very nice presentation, like it came straight out of the Lego SW encyclopaedia, and the modified droids look good, great work

Note to self: quickly finish up and put in my entry already
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#8 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostDanthebrick, on 26 July 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Fantastic entry and love the presentation style with the text around the picture - George Lucas would be impressed!
Thanks Danthebrick. I can't say I'm too fussed about impressing George Lucas, unless he's voting in the contest of course  :grin:

View PostDapper-D2, on 26 July 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Very clever build! I especially like the droids zapping the wookies to get them back inside the pen. Nice work!
Thanks Dapper-D2. These are some very nasty astromechs.

View PostRook, on 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Looks great, I see I have got some good competition.  :thumbup:  :sweet:
Thanks Rook. There's lots of tough competition for everyone, who knows which way the vote will swing?

View PostBrickmamba, on 27 July 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Very nice presentation, like it came straight out of the Lego SW encyclopaedia, and the modified droids look good, great work

Note to self: quickly finish up and put in my entry already
Cheers Brickmamba. I thought the contest ended this weekend :oh: but I've just realised there's loads of time left.
Posted Image

#9 has a differing opinion

has a differing opinion

Member: 19004

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Very nice, very cute. Farming in the star wars universe is a lot more cruel, huh...

The parts with the visual dictionary style boxes was a stroke of brilliance. :laugh:

#10 Artizan

Artizan

Member: 3274

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

great entry, the whole structure reminds me of the trandoshan hunt episodes from the clone wars animation.
Posted Image
If you want to see Age of Empires 2 Lego sets be produced, then support!:http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/52276

#11 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

:oh: Oooohh.. The Visual Dictionary style presentation is just pure EPICNESS! I've always loved that layout (and even used it on my last MCW contest entry :grin: ) and you nailed the presentation flawlessly! Not to mention how unique the concept of your astromech is and the build is just as awesome. Exceptional work overall! (Hats off to you Praiter) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#12 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Posthas a differing opinion, on 27 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Very nice, very cute. Farming in the star wars universe is a lot more cruel, huh...

The parts with the visual dictionary style boxes was a stroke of brilliance. :laugh:
Thank you, maybe only the farming of intelligent animals is this cruel.

View PostArtizan, on 27 July 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

great entry, the whole structure reminds me of the trandoshan hunt episodes from the clone wars animation.
Cheers. I'm not a huge fan of TCW but I have seen that episode so I could well have been influenced by it without realising *huh*

View PostKielDaMan, on 29 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

:oh: Oooohh.. The Visual Dictionary style presentation is just pure EPICNESS! I've always loved that layout (and even used it on my last MCW contest entry :grin: ) and you nailed the presentation flawlessly! Not to mention how unique the concept of your astromech is and the build is just as awesome. Exceptional work overall! (Hats off to you Praiter) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks KDM! Again, your Kid Flare MCW entry could well have been a subconscious influence on me as I did see it - in fact, he got my vote  :wink:

Updated 1st post with (hopefully) the final pictures.
Posted Image

#13 wokajablocka

wokajablocka

Member: 12884

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

Your Visual dictionary lay out is flawless, just like taking a page from the books. You entry is very original and looks awesome. I love the concept and the mods on the astromech's are just brilliant. They have tool arms that actually look like the could come out of the droids with out making them look too unrealistic. Very clever entry.

Good luck in the comp, not that you will need it. I think I know where my vote is going. :thumbup:
Brickshelf

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

May the Brick be with you!

#14 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postwokajablocka, on 30 July 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Your Visual dictionary lay out is flawless, just like taking a page from the books. You entry is very original and looks awesome. I love the concept and the mods on the astromech's are just brilliant. They have tool arms that actually look like the could come out of the droids with out making them look too unrealistic. Very clever entry.

Good luck in the comp, not that you will need it. I think I know where my vote is going. :thumbup:
Thanks wokajablocka. Don't decide who to vote for yet - the most stunning entry will probably appear 10 seconds before the deadline  :grin:
Posted Image

#15 Minoton

Minoton

Member: 30061

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Nice scene and great explanation (i like the droid with the taser XD)

#16 harton

harton

Member: 30049

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Wow!

I don't have the words to explain how complete your astromek entrie is. You blow me away! I really have to said that if you don't its about a contest you clearly think its the Encyclopedia.

Hope your going to be in the best.

Architecture is everywhere, architecture is in Lego, in fact Lego is architecture.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
My Flickr page      Join or See Evolocity Group

#17 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostMinoton, on 05 August 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Nice scene and great explanation (i like the droid with the taser XD)
Thanks, I'm glad you like the explanation. I liked the idea of trying to describe all the parts and also give enough titbits of information for the reader to work out the back-story :wink:.

View Postharton, on 06 August 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Wow!

I don't have the words to explain how complete your astromek entrie is. You blow me away! I really have to said that if you don't its about a contest you clearly think its the Encyclopedia.

Hope your going to be in the best.
Oh no, I must have misread the rules, I thought we had to make an encyclopaedia entry :grin:. But seriously, I had fun building it, inventing the 'story' and working on the presentation, of course it would be nice to get a place but with all the fantastic entries I think that will remain a dream. And thanks!
Posted Image

#18 CaptainBermuda

CaptainBermuda

Member: 18415

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Bossk: "Oola el!"
"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth... but we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it! Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-S.O.B. machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we WILL let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am... I... RIGHT, Marines?!" - Sergeant Johnson

#19 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostCaptainBermuda, on 06 August 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Bossk: "Oola el!"
Sorry, but I don't understand this comment.
Posted Image

#20 CaptainBermuda

CaptainBermuda

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostPraiter Yed, on 07 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Sorry, but I don't understand this comment.

It's what bossk says in The Empire Strikes Back

try to ignore the weird background music
"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth... but we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it! Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-S.O.B. machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we WILL let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am... I... RIGHT, Marines?!" - Sergeant Johnson

#21 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostCaptainBermuda, on 16 August 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

It's what bossk says in The Empire Strikes Back

try to ignore the weird background music
Really? I thought it went roughly like this;
Piett: 'Bounty Hunters, we don't need their scum.'
Bossk (in a guttural growl): 'Our scum you have.'

I'm not saying that's right, but that's always what I've thought.
Posted Image

#22 CaptainBermuda

CaptainBermuda

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostPraiter Yed, on 16 August 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Really? I thought it went roughly like this;
Piett: 'Bounty Hunters, we don't need their scum.'
Bossk (in a guttural growl): 'Our scum you have.'

I'm not saying that's right, but that's always what I've thought.

Oh, wow, I never noticed that  :laugh: Yeah, that does seem to fit...

#23 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Wonderful backstory and phenomenal presentation. What software package did you use to make the pictures/layout?

I really enjoyed reading the pages and it gave me a connection with your droid.  :thumbup:
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#24 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostCara, on 24 August 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Wonderful backstory and phenomenal presentation. What software package did you use to make the pictures/layout?

I really enjoyed reading the pages and it gave me a connection with your droid. :thumbup:
Thanks Cara, I'm glad you liked the backstory :sweet: . For the presentation I used Photoshop to remove the background from the images and then dropped the images into InDesign to add the text, boxes and lines etc.
Posted Image

#25 gavralcraw

gavralcraw

Member: 101983

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

This is awesome!
Always open to constructive criticism!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...os/78271818@N00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users