Brickworld Chicago DVD now available!

8 replies to this topic

#1 John Brune

John Brune

• Video Vigilante

Member: 29881

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hello everyone!  My name is John Brune and I'm the producer (camera/editor, too) of the new Brickworld Chicago 2012 DVD.  I wanted to announce that I've just completed the DVD and it's available for sale exclusively at my webpage at:  http://www.johnbrune...hicago.html

It has three parts with a total running time of 109 minutes.  Many of the events are covered and most of the displays are featured--especially behind the scenes!  Check out the trailer at:   Thanks!

Edited by John Brune, 25 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Awesome news John. I'm really excited to get my copy in the mail soon! You guys worked really hard on the filming, and photoing, and everything throughout the event!

#3 Fugazi

Fugazi

• Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?

Member: 8966

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Welcome to EB John! I will shortly move your topic to the dedicated Brickworld forum! :sweet:
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#4 AFOL SF

AFOL SF

Member: 2362

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

...finally, at last - someone taking the initiative to video a Lego convention and offer a DVD at a reasonable price!... I have been waiting for years for someone (or group of someones) to do such thing so that those of us AFOLs who can't attend will be able to own a piece of 'the event.' I hope this is the start and others will follow John's footsteps (because I know that John can't cover each and every con there is)... Thank you!...

#5 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Great news :thumbup:!

I ordered my copy when I registred and prepaid, I just hope my copy will be in PAL format because that's how we roll in Europe :laugh:!

Posted Image

#6 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I didn't see anything I did in the trailer - I want my money back  :tongue:

Joking aside, looks great John, can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox  :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

#7 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostCopMike, on 25 July 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I ordered my copy when I registred and prepaid, I just hope my copy will be in PAL format because that's how we roll in Europe Posted Image!
Tell me if it is.
This has got to be the most convincing tool for my wife. Posted Image
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#8 streifen

streifen

Member: 6375

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I just ordered a DVD. Can't wait to watch it!  :thumbup:
Posted Image

#9 John Brune

John Brune

• Video Vigilante

Member: 29881

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostFugazi, on 25 July 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Welcome to EB John! I will shortly move your topic to the dedicated Brickworld forum! :sweet:

Thanks!  I'll look for it.

View PostAFOL SF, on 25 July 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

...finally, at last - someone taking the initiative to video a Lego convention and offer a DVD at a reasonable price!... I have been waiting for years for someone (or group of someones) to do such thing so that those of us AFOLs who can't attend will be able to own a piece of 'the event.' I hope this is the start and others will follow John's footsteps (because I know that John can't cover each and every con there is)... Thank you!...

I hope you order one and enjoy it.  It was worth all the hard work to hear all the positive feedback so far.  I'm glad you like the price point--I arrived at that during the marketing of another DVD project back in 2005 and when I settled for a $10.00 plus shipping and handling price it really took off.  For those of you who missed the con please visit http://johnbrunedigi...rldchicago.html and order a DVD today!  Thanks!

View PostHolodoc, on 26 July 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Tell me if it is.
This has got to be the most convincing tool for my wife. Posted Image

It's not in PAL but it is region free and should work for you.  I've sent DVD's to friends in the UK before and they were able to view them without a problem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users