Jump to content


Excalibur 2.0: Day Four


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#26 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 7580
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 21 July 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Then please read. Just ask me anything.
Also, why wouldn't I want to save my own skin? I remember in the simulation, a janitor didn't even try to defend himself, which then got him even more votes. Is it backwards in real life? :look:

:hmpf:

Pewter was a way to do it right.

Guys, don't complicate it more than it is. Wright was a neutral cop whose winning condition probably included joining up with the scum. If this is anything like the simulation, he has a partner. For all we know, he had or is now already joined with the scum.

Posted ImagePosted Image Theodore Dunn in Scooby Doo Mafia


Shameless link to my bricklink store.


#27 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

  • RA Anniversary HP reviewer


    Posts: 1612
    Joined: 25-May 09
    Member: 6188
    Country: USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hmmm, I wasn't convinced Burbank was scum, so I didn't vote for him, but I was getting fairly suspicious of Donna. Nabbing a  neutral isn't a clear victory, but it's certainly better than losing another townie.

View PostAwesomeStar, on 21 July 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

We should stop basing our suspicions on the events of the simulation and place more of a focus on this actual game... of life.

Can you refresh my memory and tell me exactly how we've done this recently? To me it just sounds like you're echoing thoughts expressed on previous days without adding to the conversation.  :sceptic:

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!


#28 Scouty

Scouty

  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 21 July 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Guys, don't complicate it more than it is. Wright was a neutral cop whose winning condition probably included joining up with the scum. If this is anything like the simulation, he has a partner. For all we know, he had or is now already joined with the scum.
What? What are you talking about?? :wacko: What makes you so certain he was a neutral cop? I mean it's one of the more logical answers, but you sound very certain about it. And never has it been a win condition for the neutral to align solely with the scum. They win with whoever else wins, provided they're still alive. That or they kill everybody else, but that's not likely here. Furthermore, a partner!? I don't recall at all that there was a partner in the simulation. Only "partner" thing I recall is from the fictitious Fanon group! I just remember there being a neutral role cop (which never was confirmed, though there is a good amount of evidence to suggest it existed.) Please enlighten me through your clairvoyance, I'm very confused where you got this from. Wasn't it you who said that we shouldn't expect anything from the past game to be carried over?

Found it :sweet: .

Quote

Roles have been turned around, obviously. You really think we are facing the same thing as in the virtual reality? I don't think so. And with between 4 and 7 I mean the number of scum.
It's not as suggestive as I believed it was, nor are you stating that it is the same now, but it is implied. :shrug_confused:
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#29 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 7580
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostScouty, on 21 July 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

What? What are you talking about?? :wacko: What makes you so certain he was a neutral cop? I mean it's one of the more logical answers, but you sound very certain about it. And never has it been a win condition for the neutral to align solely with the scum. They win with whoever else wins, provided they're still alive. That or they kill everybody else, but that's not likely here. Furthermore, a partner!? I don't recall at all that there was a partner in the simulation. Only "partner" thing I recall is from the fictitious Fanon group! I just remember there being a neutral role cop (which never was confirmed, though there is a good amount of evidence to suggest it existed.) Please enlighten me through your clairvoyance, I'm very confused where you got this from. Wasn't it you who said that we shouldn't expect anything from the past game to be carried over?

I'm certain because he claimed, he said he COULD join with the scum, which was reason enough to kill him, in my opinion. In the simulation by the way, the neutrals (two of them) joined up with the scum, if I'm told things correctly.

I said something like that, yes, but this in particular seemed similair enough to how it was in the simulation, don't you think?

I don't see why you are pushing this, it's not imporant.

Posted ImagePosted Image Theodore Dunn in Scooby Doo Mafia


Shameless link to my bricklink store.


#30 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Don't alienate the neutrals. Who said the neutrals go with a specific group? They do what ever they can. They could be useful.

#31 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 7580
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 21 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Don't alienate the neutrals. Who said the neutrals go with a specific group? They do what ever they can. They could be useful.

What part of "could (or can) join up with scum" do you not understand?

Posted ImagePosted Image Theodore Dunn in Scooby Doo Mafia


Shameless link to my bricklink store.


#32 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostScubacarrot, on 21 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

What part of "could (or can) join up with scum" do you not understand?
Now now. What if a particular knows some stuff?

Everyone! Everyone! :sweet: The cop and investigator are.. oh, wait. Oops. We wouldn't want the scum to know that now would we?  :sarcasm_smug:Right?

#33 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33432
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

If I wasn't a tree stump I'd have so much to say, but since I am a tree stump, I shall just poop mushrooms.

#34 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Sorry. Because of no edits, I meant the cop and watcher. Silly me. :innocent:

#35 Scouty

Scouty

  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostScubacarrot, on 21 July 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm certain because he claimed, he said he COULD join with the scum, which was reason enough to kill him, in my opinion. In the simulation by the way, the neutrals (two of them) joined up with the scum, if I'm told things correctly.

I said something like that, yes, but this in particular seemed similair enough to how it was in the simulation, don't you think?

I don't see why you are pushing this, it's not imporant.
Everything is important when you try and figure people out. I'm confused on the matter, so here I push. You're frustrated I'm pushing on this, but I think that's only because you know what happened before, but there are others, like me, who did not pick up on that fact, who were not aware of two neutrals who joined up with the scum in the simulation. It's important that we know what we're up against, and we are in the process of finding out what's really going on. Please don't be a dick about it :sad:

Moving on, that's very interesting. I didn't connect that the player was a neutral in both the simulation and in real life here. That's very weird and interesting. Even more interesting that there were two neutrals. I'm only getting that there's one neutral in the scheme of things from his post, but I suppose you discussed it post simulation or something like that. Thank you for your clairvoyance :sweet: !

Well, I know we shouldn't expect things to be the same this time around than in the simulation. Maybe it was a luck of the draw that the same player played the same role in both games...of life? Maybe now there is only one unknown? Maybe there's three and the Purists really aren't on this ship!?

Ugh, this simulation is making this real life a curse...too bad a virus ruined it all for us.

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 21 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Don't alienate the neutrals. Who said the neutrals go with a specific group? They do what ever they can. They could be useful.
Are you saying that because you're the "partner" in this? Is that why you're so defensive and argued a lot with the late Burbank? You should stick with us loyals, we have fresh baked cookies :sweet: !
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#36 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Are you saying that because you're the "partner" in this? Is that why you're so defensive and argued a lot with the late Burbank? You should stick with us loyals, we have fresh baked cookies :sweet: !
I'm not saying any more. :sadnew:
*Cure New York accent* Well well well. I 'spose I could. It just depends on what I'm feelin' like. Maybe these purists got fresh pancakes wit butter and syrup. :wub: Though I'm concerned about your vig. (We wouldn't want the scum to find about that person too now would we?) :devil: Scum, perhaps if you could put your watcher on me, you'll find out the town killer if he targets me. At least until this hole thing resolves.

#37 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33432
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

I ate some of my own poop and those magic mushrooms really give you a trip. They made me hallucinate back to two previous holovids. Ugh, they weren't pretty at all. I think I shall refrain from eating my own poop for a while.

#38 Scouty

Scouty

  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

I'm not saying any more. :sadnew:
*Cure New York accent* Well well well. I 'spose I could. It just depends on what I'm feelin' like. Maybe these purists got fresh pancakes wit butter and syrup. :wub: Though I'm concerned about your vig. (We wouldn't want the scum to find about that person too now would we?) :devil: Scum, perhaps if you could put your watcher on me, you'll find out the town killer if he targets me. At least until this hole thing resolves.
If you're looking to die we could lynch you today and not have our vig discovered :sweet: .

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

I'm not saying any more. :sadnew:
Is that an admission? It certainly isn't a denial.

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

At least until this hole thing resolves.
What hole thing? Are there holes in this ship!? I hope somebody doesn't fall into them and break a bone *oh2* !
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#39 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14931
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostScouty, on 21 July 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

I agree with McAndrews that Rockford and Hornby should be candidates for today's lynch. They are overall unhelpful and inactive.
Interesting. Could you make a list of the helpful and active people, so we'll have an idea of your standards in those areas? Personally, I haven't seen where active people have done us any good, except to get themselves lynched, and I've seen people who have been less active than I have, yet they don't get mentioned.

This should be fascinating.

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 21 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Don't alienate the neutrals. Who said the neutrals go with a specific group? They do what ever they can. They could be useful.
Neutrals are always trouble. The lack of a third kill last night combined with an unknown affiliation might mean the vig finally did something right and rid us of a serial killer. It would be the first thing anyone did that actually helped us.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#40 Tamamono

Tamamono

  • Needs more time to get it up


    Posts: 3375
    Joined: 02-February 11
    Member: 15794
    Country: The States

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Honestly, I'm at a loss for words. This is megablocking ridiculous.

I'd say Pie or whatever his character's name is was an alien. That's good I guess. :sceptic:

Like I said yesterday, I'd like it if we could lynch one of Hornby and Rockford today, but honestly, I don't think anyone would follow me on that bandwagon. :laugh: Such is life.

Okay, well, I'm a wee bit busy at the moment, but I'll be back with more later.

Foorth Dyke, playing mafia again in Danny and Jack's the Second Crash.


#41 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

If you're looking to die we could lynch you today and not have our vig discovered :sweet: .
If you're looking for your vig, watcher, and cop to be discovered, I can tell the scum right now. :sweet:

#42 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33432
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

*huh*

#43 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

Dang.  We really aren't getting anywhere, I can't believe Burbank was a loyalist.  I must think about the last few days to see what sparks my radar.

#44 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Reay for 2017!


    Posts: 33432
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Don't give up Loyalists! The magic stump believes in you! :cry_happy:

#45 Tamamono

Tamamono

  • Needs more time to get it up


    Posts: 3375
    Joined: 02-February 11
    Member: 15794
    Country: The States

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

If you're looking for your vig, watcher, and cop to be discovered, I can tell the scum right now. :sweet:

Where the hell do you get off making threats like that. If you're town, that's megablocking gamethrowing. What's your problem?

Foorth Dyke, playing mafia again in Danny and Jack's the Second Crash.


#46 Scouty

Scouty

  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostShadows, on 22 July 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Interesting. Could you make a list of the helpful and active people, so we'll have an idea of your standards in those areas?
Well, there wouldn't really be anybody to put on the list, since nobody was helpful in lynching a Purist, both active and inactive. I feel like activity (and by activity I mean activity [and to elaborate on that: activity-behaviour] in this game only) does play an important part, though, because it seems like all the active folks have been town and suggests the scum are just lying relatively low and coming up every once in a while to steer things in the wrong direction or go with the flow. I don't know, that's just my feeling of how things are. I'm not as experienced as you, so I guess you're just gonna be calling me stupid in all this :grin: .

View PostShadows, on 22 July 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Personally, I haven't seen where active people have done us any good, except to get themselves lynched, and I've seen people who have been less active than I have, yet they don't get mentioned.
Personally, I haven't seen where inactive people have done us any good, less good than those who say more than "Oh, I don't really know, so I'll summarize a bit, put in a bit of an opinion, and vote when the rest have made a decision" (Which I'm not accusing you of being totally guilty of). If you feel there are others that should get mentioned who are more suspicious than you, please speak up. I'd like to hear something from you that hasn't come from the work of others, even if it is pointless.

View PostShadows, on 22 July 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

This should be fascinating.
Oooh, am I facing the wrath of Shadows? :sweet: I had such a good time with it last time!


View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

If you're looking for your vig, watcher, and cop to be discovered, I can tell the scum right now. :sweet:
What?

Never mind you, Hornby, York is looking for her ticket off this ship and into deep space *huh* .
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#47 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostTamamono, on 22 July 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

Where the hell do you get off making threats like that. If you're town, that's megablocking gamethrowing. What's your problem?
I'm not scum. I just am worried about the target on my back because of this whole Burbank thing. I'm not telling one side more than the other.

#48 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14931
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Well, there wouldn't really be anybody to put on the list, since nobody was helpful in lynching a Purist, both active and inactive.
Exactly.

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I feel like activity (and by activity I mean activity [and to elaborate on that: activity-behaviour] in this game only) does play an important part, though, because it seems like all the active folks have been town and suggests the scum are just lying relatively low and coming up every once in a while to steer things in the wrong direction or go with the flow.
Except it's been the confirmed loyalists who have done the most steering (usually towards themselves) and died for it. Activity is an illusion employed by the scum to appear helpful, because they have the luxury of doing so. They know who their allies are, so there is little risk for them, as long as they aren't too aggressive about it. For someone who is town, as I am, it's hard to be helpful without a power role to back it up, and if I did have one, would I really want to expose that by openly stating anything?

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I don't know, that's just my feeling of how things are. I'm not as experienced as you, so I guess you're just gonna be calling me stupid in all this :grin: .
At this point you aren't being stupid, you're just focusing on the wrong things, in my opinion. The reason I asked for a list is to see if you had adequately evaluated everyone or were just stuck in one thought pattern.

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

If you feel there are others that should get mentioned who are more suspicious than you, please speak up. I'd like to hear something from you that hasn't come from the work of others, even if it is pointless.
I'm a little wary of Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper, for one. I know that he was certain that Pewter was town at the time that he led the vote against him. Since that was before Pewter's weird "I'm scum" gambit, it's hard to justify. That point has been nagging at me ever since. Even by your standards, he's both inactive and not helpful to the point of detrimental, yet he isn't mentioned as suspicious. That's the interesting part.

View PostScouty, on 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Never mind you, Hornby, York is looking for her ticket off this ship and into deep space *huh* .
This may be a point I can't argue with. *huh*

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

I'm not telling one side more than the other.
Is that an admission that you're neutral? It's the only way that comment makes sense.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#49 Tamamono

Tamamono

  • Needs more time to get it up


    Posts: 3375
    Joined: 02-February 11
    Member: 15794
    Country: The States

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

I'm not scum. I just am worried about the target on my back because of this whole Burbank thing. I'm not telling one side more than the other.

Let me give you a little newsflash, sport. If you die, it doesn't matter. If you get shot, if you get sucked out the airlock, if you get stabbed, whatever - we. do. not. care. You win with the town even if you're dead. If you're not going to be a team player, maybe we'll have to cut you loose since you're such a liability to the team.

Foorth Dyke, playing mafia again in Danny and Jack's the Second Crash.


#50 swils

swils

  • Froinkly brillioinkly oinking


    Posts: 2240
    Joined: 16-August 11
    Member: 19793
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 22 July 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

I'm not scum. I just am worried about the target on my back because of this whole Burbank thing. I'm not telling one side more than the other.

It's not a whole Burbank thing, it's a whole you thing.  Your alter ego may have gotten tied up with Burbank, but you got yourself further muddied when you 180'ed on him and decided to press an attack.  You're right to be worried about the target you painted on your own back (I am impressed with your ability to do so--I'm not barely flexible enough to even scratch my own back!).  You are, however, digging yourself an awfully deep hole today.  Putting aside the "one side more than the other" bit, is that even an issue?  Are you keeping information from one or both sides?

Oooh, I got a title  :blush:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users