WIP Modular battlefield

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic  – Started by michaelozzie , Jul 20 2012 09:45 PM

#1 michaelozzie

michaelozzie
  • Fabuland Captain

Member: 5349

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Ok here is a new project ive finally started. Basically for this WIP I want to combine a modular 32x32 baseplate idea with a tabletop wargaming system for my Napoleonic armies. The idea is to have different buildings and terrain features which can be joined together in various ways to create different battlefields and layouts. These are my first 2 bases for a village setting, it includes a house with a walled garden and a church. The church is actually based off the one from the Austrian village of Aspern and was an important feature in that battle. I liked its design as it has a look that could be used to represent a church in Central Europe, Italy or even Spain. I will be adding other buildings and things like bridges, a walled cemetery, farm fields etc and will update with new pics as they are done in this thread. I will be adding interiors to these buildings also. some more pics can be found on my Flickr

Posted Image
Aspern Church and a village house
Posted Image
Im adding sections that can be removed to simulate battle damage on walls and roofs etc
Posted Image
Rotating and joining the bases in different ways will allow easy layout changes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

#2 Skipper

Skipper

Member: 19281

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Looks great!  :pir-classic:  Really nice to see battlefields that aren't just a field or something of that sort, reminds me of the Bayonets at Dawn contest.

Looking forward to the rest of the modules, and then of course seeing your wonderful army marching across them.  :pir-wub:

#3 tedbeard

tedbeard

Member: 905

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Have you considered something like the base8 modular landscape standard which was designed for such applications?

http://www.copernica...ping/revision3/
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 michaelozzie

michaelozzie
  • Fabuland Captain

Member: 5349

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

View Posttedbeard, on 21 July 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Have you considered something like the base8 modular landscape standard which was designed for such applications?

http://www.copernica...ping/revision3/
Thanks tedbeard, I hadn't seen this program before but it will help with my layout planning  :pir-wub:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

#5 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

I like this Idea, it would be great if different MOCers could team up in all amking such modules and combine them  :pir-classic:
Your modules look great by the way.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links