College

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 ShaydDeGrai

ShaydDeGrai

• Moldy Expert

Member: 26992

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I used to be a professor at an engineering school, so, naturally I had to have the school add a LEGO section to our prototyping lab.  Sometimes I think kids signed up for my classes just to get their LEGO fix.  Academic credit for playing with LEGO, it's no wonder people got wait-listed. :sweet:

Posted Image

#52 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostShaydDeGrai, on 21 September 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I used to be a professor at an engineering school, so, naturally I had to have the school add a LEGO section to our prototyping lab.  Sometimes I think kids signed up for my classes just to get their LEGO fix.  Academic credit for playing with LEGO, it's no wonder people got wait-listed. :sweet:
Man...you'd be the best professor ever! :laugh:

Posted Image

#53 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• History Expert

Member: 5222

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

I know what it's like, I've only been at college for a month and I'm already itching to build something! The only Lego I brought with me is this:

Posted Image

A gopher, the schools mascot, that I made at the local Lego store's Pick-a-Brick, and the Vampire Bat Collectible Minifigure.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Playing as the Begonya Siblings, Feliks and Nadine Begonya, a pair of russian-accented Mitgardian traders! Sylph Solanum in Heroica! Doctor Danielle Long works for Octan in AG!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 HumanPackMule

HumanPackMule

Member: 6241

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Just a little bit of an update on my recovery, I'm out of the hospital and due to being cooped up in the house I've got friends and relatives asking what to send me to keep me busy while I recover, so I'm anticipating a bit of Lego and other building toys coming my way.
For an optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it is half empty. To the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

#55 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Good to here you're out of the hospital! Hopefully everything went well!
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#56 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

For those of you in a college design course, or out of it, how much, if any, LEGO designs did you put in your art portfolio?

#57 Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf

Member: 983

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

I went to college pretty close to home, but even then the overhead (of accessing my stuff) was enough such that I just never found the time to build anything behind my primary hobby (drawing). That being said there was an exception: I did study design and I did build one of these rolling-ball clocks out of Lego for a class, but that was basically it.

Edited by Commander Wolf, 18 October 2012 - 06:41 AM.

Latest MOCs CNR QJ || GE U30B || ALCo HH-1000

Blog || nonsense-wars.com

#58 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

I usually bring sets from at least two LEGO themes with me to college. This year, it's Hero Factory, Ninjago, and Master Builder Academy.

In the meantime, LEGO Digital Designer can be a useful tool if you don't want to clutter your living space by making it your building space. It basically helps me resist the impulse to buy a bunch of new products, since I can test out builds with parts I didn't bring with me.

#59 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

I hear you on LDD! That has really saved me from going out and using what little money I have :laugh: I did bring a small rubbermaid box down full of some parts that I pull out every now and then! :thumbup:
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users