Modular Madness: Brick Home

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image B-RM-09B

Hi all, I've finished my latest modular, a brick city home.  Originally it began as an Italianate building but soon morphed into an architectural style of my own.   :classic:  I started with just a Victorian-period building but kept adding more Victorian details, so it ended up in that time period.  The entire house has gas lamps on the walls.

Posted Image

It consists of three floors and an attic.  There's also a "cast of characters," so make sure you check out the Bricklink folder too for details: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=508008

Posted Image

The first floor holds a entryway (with stair carpet runner and bookshelf under the stairs); living room (with light brick in the fireplace, table, sofa, and chair); dining room (table, four chairs, sideboards, and conservatory-type window), and kitchen (stove, sink, table, and cabinet).

Posted Image

The second floor consists of the hallway with window seat and stairs to the third floor; master bedroom (bed, dresser); and bathroom (cabinet, sink, towel rack, bathtub, and toilet).

Posted Image

On the third floor we find the childrens' bedrooms: the girl's (bed, dollhouse, dolls on wall) and boy's (bed, terarriums, fish tank, and spyglass).  There's a rocking horse in the hallway as well.

Posted Image

The attic is where the maid and cook sleep and has a bed and dresser.

Link to brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=508008
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

Amazing 'slovakiasteph.' I love how part of the building juts out a bit so the facade isn't flat. I really love the victorian style your put into this.  :classic:

The interior is just amazing with the kitchen, dining room, bookshelf under the staircase, and even the lamps on the walls.  :wub:

Great entry, and good luck on the contest.  :wink:

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

AWESOME work 'slovakiasteph', wonderful exterior and interior.....especially the interior.....and there is a bathroom too ! :thumbup:
Good luck and Brick On ! :sweet:

#4 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

Especially like the starcase with the book shelf. . .  Awesome modular!  :wink:

Edited by Kai NRG, 17 July 2012 - 02:49 AM.

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Exalted Third Centurion of Ulandus

Guy K. Wynd, Pilot, Octan Corporation

Guy Wyndzon, MCTC Leader, Secretary of State, Member of Eslandola's High Council

Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--Join Eslandola!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#5 streifen

streifen

Member: 6375

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

Nice house with a family feel! I like the bookshelf which was incorporated into the staircase!

The fireplace is  :thumbup: !
Posted Image

#6 Vindicare

Vindicare

Member: 12542

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

My hopes were slightly dashed when I saw this. With the thread title I thought I was going to behold a 'brick' brick home. Nonetheless, this is excellent. Your homes are always top notch and this is no exception. Your attention to detail in regards to interiors is great, so many cool things to look at. I love that staircase and it's nice to see one with an angle. The exterior has a nice look to it too. I like the red with the mix of dark and light grey.
Clone Army-147 & counting...

#7 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Great detail. :wink:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#8 Sebeus I

Sebeus I

• Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Nicely done, I like the arched windows.

Edited by Sebeus I, 17 July 2012 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#9 snaillad

snaillad

Member: 6447

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Nice job, I like the staircase, the loftspace and also how you put sidelights on many of the walls.  :thumbup:

Posted Image     Posted Image Posted Image

MOC's shown above can be found on My Flickr Page  or  My MOCPages

#10 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wow, what a great entry! I am a fan of your work and love your interiors. So much detail. Very creative Slovakiasteph.  :thumbup:  :wub:
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#11 LegofreakKO345

LegofreakKO345

Member: 29722

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Really nice house ''slovakiasteph''! I would really imagine this house in real life! So many realistic details. Good luck on the contest! :classic:
Always building things...

Posted Image

#12 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

• Silver Redhead Reviewer

Member: 23488

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

That's a really nice house. And it's full of interesting details inside. My favourite are the bookshelf under the stairs, the bathroom, and gass lamps throughout the house. I'm not very familiar with Victorian architectural style, however, your house looks great both in- and outside.  :thumbup: Good luck in the competition!

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I like the grey (light and dark) accents on the exterior and the interiors are even more impressive  :thumbup:
The rooms feel very realistic and I can't think of anything you left out! Great work  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#14 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

The exterior is nice, the interior is excellent! I love all those little details. You've got an eye for furnishing :)

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#15 Legogal

Legogal

• poet laureate

Member: 23979

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wow! Another fantastic house...please don't tell us that you did this in an hour, or we'll all have to quit building! Great details as usual.
I have to ask, where did you learn such wonderful English or is it your native language?  You explain yourself too well to have learned it as an adult's second language!
Please keep building!

#16 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 17 July 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

My hopes were slightly dashed when I saw this. With the thread title I thought I was going to behold a 'brick' brick home.

That would have been a "brick brick home."   :laugh:

View PostLegogal, on 21 July 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

Wow! Another fantastic house...please don't tell us that you did this in an hour, or we'll all have to quit building! Great details as usual.
I have to ask, where did you learn such wonderful English or is it your native language?  You explain yourself too well to have learned it as an adult's second language!
Please keep building!

I'm American but have Slovak roots (and Polish and Carpatho-Rusyn).  All of my ancestors came from the same 200-mile area of Poland and Austria-Hungary/Czechoslovakia/Slovak Republic... most around the turn of the century.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users