Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

5429 replies to this topic

#151 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postsok117, on 15 July 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

OH GOD YES!  Excellent pun  :thumbup:

I can guarantee that there are more figures to be released with the January wave which I think is only DC.
Glad to see the pun didn't go unnoticed   :laugh:
So, not to sound disrespectful or uninformed... but any official affiliation to back up that guarantee??

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#152 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

I really hope TLG can continue with this license for years to come! Just in the next two years we are getting so many awesome movies that can be turned into LEGO  :sweet: I still hope we get some X-Men sets eventually. I think it would be cool if TLG released one or two X-Men sets based off of the comics in every wave.

Does anyone know what the next X-Men movies will be and when they will be out? As a worst case scenario we will hopefully see sets based off those movies.
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#153 sologuy369

sologuy369

Member: 6609

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostSpider-Man, on 15 July 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Does anyone know what the next X-Men movies will be and when they will be out? As a worst case scenario we will hopefully see sets based off those movies.
we will probaly never see xmen sets based off of the movies, which Fox own the rights to those.
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#154 Hawkman

Hawkman

Member: 28502

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Right now, I think Marvel is really pushing the "First Class" series, so the next X-Men movie will be a sequel to last years "X-Men: First Class". There's also a second Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) movie in the works.

As for rights issues, it all depends on how much Marvel/Disney wants to buy back.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#155 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Fairly interesting news coming out of ComicCon '12 was the official announcement that Edgar Wright's ANT MAN will indeed be released. Ant Man's got some serious Avengers connections-- I'd be shocked if he wasn't part of the roster for Avengers 2.

I'm certain we'll be seeing Ant Man figs and/or sets within the next two years.

Also, if TLG does do licensing tie-ins with Marvel releases, then the essentially confirmed figs for next year include Iron Man in a new silver armor, the Mandarin, and characters from November 13's THOR 2.

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#156 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

View Postsologuy369, on 15 July 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

we will probaly never see xmen sets based off of the movies, which Fox own the rights to those.
I guess thats probably good considering I am not a huge fan of the last few movies. However it does make it seem less and less likely that we will get a ton of X-Men sets. LEGO has a lot to work with since Marvel is releasing so many movies in the next couple of years. I am still hopeful that LEGO will realize how popular the X-Men are and give us at the very least some of the most popular figures and locations.
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#157 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I gather this license will last VERY long, superheroes have always been popular, like Star Wars has been.

I personally would love to see some more obscure characters. And we will get them because this theme is very popular I've heard.
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#158 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostMr. Elijah Timms, on 15 July 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Also, if TLG does do licensing tie-ins with Marvel releases, then the essentially confirmed figs for next year include Iron Man in a new silver armor, the Mandarin, and characters from November 13's THOR 2.

The armor is more   Beige/pale gold   With small silver/grey chrome parts.

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings

Posted Image

#159 Gioppa

Gioppa

Member: 10482

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostSpiderSpaceman, on 15 July 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

This is a concept I did for his bike
Posted Image

They have time,they can made something like that !!!!

DRESSIN BLACK MADE ME THIN,BUT NOT MADE MIRACLE!!

#160 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostSpiderSpaceman, on 15 July 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

This is a concept I did for his bike
Posted Image

I like the design. Well done. Sadly I am not sure that Lego would ever actually do a Lobo set? Has he had any exposure in the past 15 years or so? I mean he was a heavily touted 80's-90's character, but sort of faded from view for the most part except for occasional fringe comic appearances. Other than a few appearances in the (now old) Bruce Timm Superman Animated series I don't think he has ever seen much mainstream attention? Might not be enough to attract Lego's interest for a regular store shelf set?
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#161 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

The Wolverine is scheduled for Summer 2013. :classic: With both Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel next summer, I doubt we'll get sets for that film.
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#162 ScaryScarecrow

ScaryScarecrow

Member: 21572

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

I think it's safe to say that we'll see a microfig Ant-Man. I don't care much about Marvel, and I rather dislike Ant-Man, so I think I can save my money and skip the Marvel waves.

I still want to see The Bat vs. Bane's Tumbler, and Catwoman thrown in. It's not a TDKR set without her.

#163 sologuy369

sologuy369

Member: 6609

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postsologuy369, on 15 July 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostK-Nut, on 15 July 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

The Wolverine is scheduled for Summer 2013. :classic: With both Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel next summer, I doubt we'll get sets for that film.
We wouldn't anyways. It's a bummer, but true :thumbdown: .
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#164 Wall E2624

Wall E2624

Member: 29674

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Does anyone know if we'll get sets for The Amazing Spider-Man? I know it's probably too late, but what i've heard it was a Marvel movie not Sony, so maybe later? Or have i heard wrong?

"Sometimes, the best travels are those we can only dream about"

Posted Image

My Flickr

#165 Climperoonie

Climperoonie

Member: 28547

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostWall E2624, on 15 July 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Does anyone know if we'll get sets for The Amazing Spider-Man? I know it's probably too late, but what i've heard it was a Marvel movie not Sony, so maybe later? Or have i heard wrong?
The Amazing Spider-Man is Sony, so unfortunately the construction toy rights are with Mega Bloks :sceptic:

Posted Image

#166 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostWall E2624, on 15 July 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

The Amazing Spiderman movie was 100% Sony's formula output in order to prevent Marvel from getting Spiderman back. So we will not be seeing any sets from that movie. Which is a shame in every way possible. We would really be much better off with Sony out of the picture.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#167 Sam892

Sam892

Member: 21426

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Although there won't be any sets around the next X-men film/films but, it doesnt mean that Lego won't release X-men sets based on the comics around the same time. There will most likely be an increase in demand for X related stuff around those times of year.

#168 LOTR343

LOTR343

Member: 29693

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Dont forget the upcoming Wolverine movie next summer.

#169 Wall E2624

Wall E2624

Member: 29674

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostClimperoonie, on 15 July 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

The Amazing Spider-Man is Sony, so unfortunately the construction toy rights are with Mega Bloks :sceptic:

Darn, I was sure it was a Marvel based film. Oh well I guess we'll have to be satisfied with the Ultimate Spider-Man  :sarcasm:

"Sometimes, the best travels are those we can only dream about"

Posted Image

My Flickr

#170 Vindice

Vindice

Member: 13399

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I don't see any reason at all the LEGO would release a Magneto or Phoenix minifig and not do more X-Men sets. Aswell as being an amazing selling comic it has also spawned many films and animated TV shows. There will always be plenty of interest.

Also I think it has been pretty much confirmed that Ant-man is going to be part of the next Avengers line-up. I think Black Panther will probably be too and where Ant-man is, Wasp can't be far behind.

I'm becoming so involved in the superhero line that I'm considering selling off my entire SW Lego colelction now to make room for it. Running out of display space for LEGO!
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#171 AngryChair

AngryChair

Member: 13384

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostSam892, on 16 July 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Although there won't be any sets around the next X-men film/films but, it doesnt mean that Lego won't release X-men sets based on the comics around the same time. There will most likely be an increase in demand for X related stuff around those times of year.

I agree, me and Vindice were discussing that if there were to be no focus on X-Men sets in the future then why bring out the Wolverine Chopper set and the Comic Con Phoenix figure.

It will happen at sometime, Lego will use the next year to focus on the IronMan and Thor etc.

#172 AngryChair

AngryChair

Member: 13384

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostVindice, on 16 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I don't see any reason at all the LEGO would release a Magneto or Phoenix minifig and not do more X-Men sets. Aswell as being an amazing selling comic it has also spawned many films and animated TV shows. There will always be plenty of interest.

What he said really..!

#173 King of Nynrah

King of Nynrah

Member: 22218

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostLOTR343, on 16 July 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Dont forget the upcoming Wolverine movie next summer.
"The Wolverine" is expected to be a lot more gory as it's based off the 1982 Wolverine comic book series so I doubt LEGO would produce sets for it even if they had the Sony license. The same reasons they won't make sets based off the upcoming Deadpool film.

#174 Fives

Fives

• Makes structured rants

Member: 15059

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Anyone else a little disappointed that a TDKR Catwoman wasn't revealed at Comic-Con? I find it frustrating that LEGO plans to release Batman, Bane and Gordon, but no Catwoman. I feel like there is a lack of completion on TLG's part for not including all of the major characters from the film.

Also, knowing that TLG has the rights to Nolan's films, do you think it would be possible to see sets based of Batman Begins or TDK? I would love at least one set from TDK based on the chase scene when Joker had the bazooka. The set could have the truck Joker was in, with him in the back with a bazooka and a henchman driving; the truck that Harvey Dent was in, with his minifigure having two expressions: normal and post-burning. Finally, the Tumbler could be included with Batman. I think it would be a great set that would be a relatively inexpensive way to get Batman and the Tumbler and both villains from TDK. It would be great if LEGO did this.
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

Posted Image

#175 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps they are holding back some of the minifigs as a surprise.....remember that apart from Batman and crew of good and bad, the only other DC hero was Aquaman. This Superman and Wonder Woman were in a set together. :wink:
So maybe Catwoman might still appear we will have to wait and see eh ? :wink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users