MOC Medival house

5 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

I've been following DC's Guide on medival building, and found some of the tecniques very interesting and useful. Since the best way to learn is to try it out on your own, I went ahead and made a house.

Posted Image

The house is intentionally done very plainly, without ornaments, as it was built as a farmer's house. I used sand green as it is one of the best colours in my opinion and combined it with the use of 'stoned' corners.

Posted Image

One of my favourite learned 'tricks' are the window shutters and the roof endings. There's no interior included, as this build was mainly intended as a 'study' model. Also, this was my first build where I tried out a different setup for photography, including a white background, and some photoediting.
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#2 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Good job! the use of studs where the timber beams go iis interesting, I like your color scheme too!
Keep it up!
~Legonardo~

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Cool build, your photos came out nicely  :thumbup:  The house fits nicely for a farmer's,the chimney is one of my favorite parts.
Keep on building  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 dwarf-brik

dwarf-brik

Member: 2334

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Nice! The only thing it really needs is some windows on the back wall, which is feeling a little bare at the moment.

If you ever feel like giving it an interior, you should modify the house so that it can be taken apart w/out having to deconstruct it. Some technic pins would work for that!

~Dwarf

Edited by dwarf-brik, 12 July 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#5 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Very nice. I love where you have placed the studs and the color scheme of the house.  :thumbup: :classic:

#6 legomonk

legomonk

Member: 20122

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Its an awesome simple building and would fit well with existing sets very playable
Posted Image

the answer to your question is yes I have a Lego tattoo. Minifig count is at 768!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users