Jump to content


LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Last updated 10 December 2012

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2373 replies to this topic

#1951 Hawkman

Hawkman

    Posts: 932
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28502
    Country: United States

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 25 November 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

I've said it before: TLG's definition of 'Battle Pack' seems to have changed. Where before it was "Packs to build your army to have big battles" it is now "Have a battle with just this one pack". (the old BPs even said "build your army" on the front - the new ones don't) Remember TLG's target audience - they're more likely to save up money to buy or get their parents to buy one set to have a battle than to buy multiple sets to build armies and then have a battle. And if they do army build, I don't think they're as picky as we are about the specialized minifigs they have duplicates of. I don't like the new BPs, and I fully agree with the army builders when they say they don't like the new BPs, but I can't argue with TLG's decision to change the BPs. (if it was indeed made based on what I've said)

I can understand this, though I may not like it.

I hope that since Disney now owns Star Wars they can re-look at the Hasbro action figure license agreement. Granted, I know Hasbro is locked-in for some time now, it would be nice if Lego could sway Disney into letting them go into more single figures - even if it was just removeable magnet sets. Alternatively, Lego could look at a special order program for army-builders where figures, like Stormtroopers, could be pre-ordered in bulk and once the production run maximum is hit, then Lego would produce that run. That way Lego could continually monitor just how many Stromtroopers they would have to make to meet demand and it could be an ongoing program.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#1952 Walter

Walter

  • Back, but still drowning!


    Posts: 744
    Joined: 17-February 11
    Member: 16053
    Country: USA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I like how Krell's face doesn't look over detailed... Or at least not as over detailed as other heads. It has a good balance of detail and simplicity in my opinion.

Edited by Walter, 25 November 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Posted Image

#1953 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4703
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostHawkman, on 25 November 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

I can understand this, though I may not like it.

I hope that since Disney now owns Star Wars they can re-look at the Hasbro action figure license agreement. Granted, I know Hasbro is locked-in for some time now, it would be nice if Lego could sway Disney into letting them go into more single figures - even if it was just removeable magnet sets. Alternatively, Lego could look at a special order program for army-builders where figures, like Stormtroopers, could be pre-ordered in bulk and once the production run maximum is hit, then Lego would produce that run. That way Lego could continually monitor just how many Stromtroopers they would have to make to meet demand and it could be an ongoing program.

It was pretty much Hasbro that literally made GL's fortune. (He had given back all of his profits from the actual movies. All he kept for himself was the merchandising. Hasbro made more than SW itself.) It was those first 3 1/2" action figs that sparked the imaginations of millions of kids worldwide and has gotten them to pour out money hand over fist to get them. As long as Hasbro is still doing their usual superb job with the action figures lines, I can't see Disney doing a thing to mess with it.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#1954 Another Brick In The Wall

Another Brick In The Wall

    Posts: 247
    Joined: 09-April 12
    Member: 27855

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostOnly Sinner, on 25 November 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Tell me about it. When will TLG figure this out? We are willing to PAY for army builders! :hmpf:  They used to be good at it, but now, :facepalm:
"License conflict".

#1955 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 925
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

What is really annoying about the license conflict, is that i am never going to be buying action figires made by hasbro... Theyre just not my thing, until i have kids then i would actively seek out to get them. At no point would one be taking from the other if starwars lego figs were able to be mass produced as battlepack army builders, so hasbro arent losing any money from me. Obviously there are people in different situations that may decide to favour minifigs over hasbro figs if it got changed, but for me it is more frustrating because one has no bearing on the other :(

#1956 Only Sinner

Only Sinner

    Posts: 1348
    Joined: 26-October 11
    Member: 21171
    Country: United States

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostFuppylodders, on 26 November 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

What is really annoying about the license conflict, is that i am never going to be buying action figires made by hasbro... Theyre just not my thing, until i have kids then i would actively seek out to get them. At no point would one be taking from the other if starwars lego figs were able to be mass produced as battlepack army builders, so hasbro arent losing any money from me. Obviously there are people in different situations that may decide to favour minifigs over hasbro figs if it got changed, but for me it is more frustrating because one has no bearing on the other :(
Hey, I'm a parent who buys LEGO for his kids. But, I also want to buy for me too, I'll buy the product if I think it's cool, but I agree with you guys saying it's adults who pay for all this stuff anyway, right? Come on TLG, throw us a bone once in a while will ya? Hasbro will do just fine, ok? They're still on top of the action figure market anyway, right? And yes, LEGO, I'm going to buy at least thirty of your new 2013 crapplepacks. Like that? I just made that sh*& up; crapplepack. :laugh:
Posted Image

#1957 Hawkman

Hawkman

    Posts: 932
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28502
    Country: United States

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 26 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

It was pretty much Hasbro that literally made GL's fortune. (He had given back all of his profits from the actual movies. All he kept for himself was the merchandising. Hasbro made more than SW itself.) It was those first 3 1/2" action figs that sparked the imaginations of millions of kids worldwide and has gotten them to pour out money hand over fist to get them. As long as Hasbro is still doing their usual superb job with the action figures lines, I can't see Disney doing a thing to mess with it.

Huh? Actually it was Kenner who established the SW action figure base in the '70s and '80s. Hasbro didn't get it till they took over Kenner in the late '90s.

Hasbro's work on the license is not in debate, it's a matter of how much more money Disney could make by extentding the Lego portion of the license. It's already well known that Lego minifigures do not damage Hasbro action figure sales, it's just Hasbro being paranoid.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#1958 nrg

nrg

  • Bothan Spy #7


    Posts: 364
    Joined: 18-June 10
    Member: 11533

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Pieces
75000:124
75001:63
75002:222
75003:177
75004:373
75005:380
75012:226
75013:493

#1959 Infernum

Infernum

  • Rode his Snowvenom Dragon to victory!


    Posts: 2665
    Joined: 13-November 12
    Member: 32912
    Country: USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but when is the release date for these set?
Toa Infernum, Sir Infernum of Mitgardia, Royal Architect of Mitgardia
My MOCpages
http://mocpages.com/home.php/91392

#1960 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 2916
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostInfernum, on 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but when is the release date for these set?

Hopefully within the next 35 days.

-Sci

   Posted Image


#1961 Kitfistonator

Kitfistonator

    Posts: 98
    Joined: 22-May 11
    Member: 17991
    Country: United States

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postnrg, on 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Pieces
75000:124
75001:63
75002:222
75003:177
75004:373
75005:380
75012:226
75013:493
Thanks Nrg, are those confirmed?
Kitfistonator from YouTube and Flickr: youtube.com/kitfistonator flickr.com/photos/kitfistonator

#1962 North Lego Star

North Lego Star

    Posts: 481
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20093
    Country: USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the piece count nrg! I was expecting the rancor pit to be more and the Umbaran MHC, AT-RT and Headhunter to be less though.

Well with this information, I here are my prdictions for set prices now based on existing sets now...

Battle Packs-12.99$ (Based off of the 2012 battle packs)
A-wing Starfighter-19.99$ (Based off of the Droid Escape and Geonosian Cannon sets)
AT-RT Walker-24.99$ (Based off the Battle of Naboo Set)
Z-95 Headhunter-44.99$ (Based off the Republic Striker-Class Starfighter)
Rancor Pit-49.99$ (Based off the Bounty Hunter Gunship and TIE Fighter sets)
Umbaran MHC-59.99$( Based off the X-Wing Starfighter)

Liminted Edtion Sets--

Republic BARC Speeder Bike-29.99$( Based off Saesee's  Tiin's Jedi Starfighter)
Battle of Hoth-49.99$( Based off Cad Bane's Speeder)

In the end though, I really don't know as the piece counts are very different from previous waves.

#1963 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4504
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostOnly Sinner, on 26 November 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:


Hey, I'm a parent who buys LEGO for his kids. But, I also want to buy for me too, I'll buy the product if I think it's cool, but I agree with you guys saying it's adults who pay for all this stuff anyway, right? Come on TLG, throw us a bone once in a while will ya? Hasbro will do just fine, ok? They're still on top of the action figure market anyway, right? And yes, LEGO, I'm going to buy at least thirty of your new 2013 crapplepacks. Like that? I just made that sh*& up; crapplepack. :laugh:

That is pretty funny! The current BP is definitely hurting sales as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about amassing a CIS army as I am a Clone one. If they would do single faction ones, I would buy as many as I could.

Edited by Legocrazy81, 27 November 2012 - 01:24 AM.

Clone Army-124 & counting...

#1964 nrg

nrg

  • Bothan Spy #7


    Posts: 364
    Joined: 18-June 10
    Member: 11533

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=516963

&
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by nrg, 27 November 2012 - 03:50 PM.


#1965 commdr_neyo

commdr_neyo

    Posts: 862
    Joined: 02-January 09
    Member: 4886
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postnrg, on 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:


Thanks a lot for these high-res pictures!! :thumbup:
My Flickr

#1966 Borex

Borex

    Posts: 639
    Joined: 13-September 12
    Member: 31834

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:09 PM



That tie-bomber pilot in 75008 seems to have a new print.


#1967 The Joker1

The Joker1

    Posts: 1266
    Joined: 01-April 12
    Member: 27681
    Country: England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I heard the rancor pit is going to be £60 so it surely wouldnt be $50 as that equates to £30ish, Surely they are not going to rip us off by double?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#1968 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostThe Joker1, on 27 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

I heard the rancor pit is going to be £60 so it surely wouldnt be $50 as that equates to £30ish, Surely they are not going to rip us off by double?

Some of the sets are already offered by amazon.co.uk. But I'll guess they'll available discounted sooner or later.

#1969 The Joker1

The Joker1

    Posts: 1266
    Joined: 01-April 12
    Member: 27681
    Country: England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yeah the cheapest rancor pit is £60 :( Oh well I will keep my eyes open for deals.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#1970 Venkefedo

Venkefedo

    Posts: 903
    Joined: 30-August 12
    Member: 30829

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostBorex, on 27 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

That tie-bomber pilot in 75008 seems to have a new print.
It does indeed! It's based off one of the various TIE helmets visible in the films. Sometimes it's tough to see the silver detailing, but the TIE helmets were mostly custom-decorated just like the Rebel helmets--the big central silver stripe like in 75008, silver 'tear' lines down the cheeks... Hasbro's covered a lot of that in recent years with the various pilot figure packs and vehicle pack-in figures. Not a fan of the 'asteroid field', but I'll have to get that set for the pilot and mini-bomber at least! He'll make a good squad leader for my few TIE pilot minifigs :)

#1971 Kez

Kez

    Posts: 942
    Joined: 03-November 12
    Member: 32816
    Country: England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Has this been posted or not, there are pictures of THE NEW HOTH SET HERE
Posted Image


And here's one with the box set of the hoth set
Posted Image


#1972 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 2916
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostKez, on 27 November 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Has this been posted or not, there are pictures of THE NEW HOTH SET HERE
[snip]


And here's one with the box set of the hoth set
[snip]

Meh, pass for me. Cool though.

-Sci

Edited by Brickdoctor, 28 November 2012 - 06:17 AM.
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

   Posted Image


#1973 commdr_neyo

commdr_neyo

    Posts: 862
    Joined: 02-January 09
    Member: 4886
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

The Hoth set really is nothing we haven't seen before, but still a nice addition to one's Hoth collection..
My Flickr

#1974 DJ Bricks

DJ Bricks

    Posts: 1463
    Joined: 31-August 11
    Member: 20156
    Country: U. S. A.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Why is Luke pictured twice out of the box?
Check out my New Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube....v2iXc64w/videos

#1975 Kez

Kez

    Posts: 942
    Joined: 03-November 12
    Member: 32816
    Country: England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

^ I also noticed that, I think it's just a mistake unless there is more figures that isn't on the box

I have Translated the source which I got this news from, it is called hothbricks.com :

Forward for the visual ones of the set of which one did not know big thing so far: 75014 Battle of Hoth.
It is the site exoforce.ru that already had posted on-line the description of the set that publishes these pictures.
To the menu, a Snowspeeder, a Speederbike, minifigs to the peels (5 aligned ones on wood but 6 in action and 7 on the visual one), blasters, a communication turret, a Tauntaun, a Probe Droid, brief, a great Battle Pack.
(Thank you to Anak in the commentaries)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users